Start by marking “Emily Green and Me” as Want to Read:
Emily Green and Me

Emily Green and Me

After years of illness, eleven-year-old Emily receives the heart of a seventeen-year-old boy who has died in a motor-bike accident. But the organ comes with an attachment: the boy who had it first is still hanging around. From 'up-there' he watches as she recovers - sometimes exasperated, other times with heart-warming tenderness. Their worlds couldn't be more different. ...more
Published February 1st 2008 by Umuzi

To ask other readers questions about Emily Green and Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emily Green and Me

Start your review of Emily Green and Me
Tiah
Nov 21, 2011 added it
A unique story which the reader 'views' the story as if through a screen door. This tone echoes the storyline and the 'second' character (of whom I longed to 'hear' more from).

This is a good book for anybody looking for an adult novel that is suitable (and would be good discussion material / thought provoking) for a YA readership.
Kate
Jun 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
A completely unexpected book. I loved the concept from the moment I ready about it on-line but what I loved even more is that I never expected the story to turn out the way it did.
Bookventures Book Club
Jul 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
S.A. Partridge
May 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: south-african
As a collector of South African fiction, I had Emily Green and Me on my shelves for a long time. It was only recently, when author Kate White told me the plot of her upcoming novel, that I picked up the book with a sense that I was about to read something special.

Emily Green and Me is a book about two very different people. The first is a young girl who desperately needs a heart transplant, and the second is the feisty young man who gives her that heart.

After the operation, Emily finds herself
Kathryn
May 08, 2016 marked it as to-read
This book was not written by me, instead it is written by an author who shares my name and who lives on the other side of the Indian Ocean.

In any case, I want to read it & hope to get to my newly purchased copy soon.

Zara
Sep 22, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star
For some reason, I wasn't able to connect with this story. At times I would drift away from the story or skim a whole load of pages. I'm really sad about this because I thought that I would have greatly enjoyed the book.
Bronwyn
Mar 01, 2012
Pamela
Mar 12, 2013
Ria Abrera
Feb 03, 2016
Kathryn
Oct 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Tracey