Start by marking “Widerstand (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #2)” as Want to Read:
Widerstand (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #2)

Widerstand

(Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Die U.S.S. Enterprise ist bereit, zur Flotte zurückzukehren. Das große Raumschiff - das den tödlichen romulanisch-remanischen Angriff nur mit Hilfe von Datas ultimativem Opfer überleben konnte - wurde wiederhergestellt.

Nach der Abreise des Ersten Offiziers William Riker und Deanna Troi, dem Counselor des Schiffes, muss Picard zwei seiner zuverlässigsten Berater ersetzen. E
Published November 2009 by Amigo Grafik (cross cult) (first published September 2007)

Alejandro
Resistance to read this is futile!

This novel is set in the “Relaunch” Expanded Universe of Star Trek, close after the events of “Star Trek: Nemesis”.

A NEW CHAPTER…

This isn’t the novel set right after of Star Trek: Nemesis, that one is Death in Winter, but it’s quite close and you can feel it as the real starting point in a new chapter in the adventures of the crew of Star Trek: The Next Generation, after the events in the already mentioned theatrical film.

Data is gone. Riker and Troi left to
Jerry
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though not quite amazing, I have to give this book serious credit for being a vast improvement over the other Trek books I've read lately.
Elizabeth Perez
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
This TNG Novel is about how Enterprise is operating after Riker and Troi leave and a few new crew members arrive. Then Captain Picard thinks her hears the Borg...

This book just sucks you in, it has a lot of action and an intricate story that is pretty easy to follow. I felt like I learned a lot about Wolf, but the story really centered around the whole crew. There were a few times it felt like this author has his go to phrases, but other than that I think it was a really fun read.

I would highly
Michael Prelee
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like to pick up a Star Trek novel once in a while and this one was pretty good. J.M. Dillard usually produces great Star Trek so it's nice when her name comes up with a cover or title that catches my eye. This one has the Borg and follows the last Next Generation movie so it concentrates on Picard, Crusher and Worf. It was nice to see her devote some time in the book to Worf dealing with the loss of Dax. I enjoyed it.
Adam
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A story about a bad command decision. It kept me engaged and at times was exciting. A good read for a Star Trek fan.
Carl Bussema
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Resistance is futile... unless you're Captain Picard and the crew of the Enterprise.

Part Best-of-Both-Worlds, Part First-Contact, this is an enjoyable tale of how the Enterprise comes to be made aware of the remaining Borg in the Alpha Quadrant (remember they were dealt some serious blows in First Contact and in Voyager's "Endgame") are attempting to rebuild their power base by growing a new queen.

Naturally there are no other ships around, but at least (unlike in First Contact) Starfleet is wil
Maurice Jr.
Feb 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first look at the Enterprise after the departure of so many of Captain Picard's senior staff. With Riker a captain, Troi and Commander Christine Vale with Riker and Data dead, the captain had to replace most of his senior staff. He was lucky to get Dr. Crusher back after the events of Death In Winter or he would have needed a new doctor as well.

Commander Worf is now first officer- and doesn't think he should have the job. Second officer was not noted, but Lt. Lionardo Battaglia is no
Derek Moreland
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, that was just delightful.

After the poorly written, dreadfully paced, tic-off-the-plot-point-boxes mess of a novel that was Death in Winter, and the perfectly functional but joyless and sterile first two Titan offerings, I was afraid that the post-Nemesis tie-in fiction was an utter waste of potential. Thankfully, Resistance is a spritely, energetic read that both advances the characters beyond the boundaries of traditional tie-in fiction and tells a solid story to boot.

Part of me wonders i
John Kirk
Aug 06, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
Disappointing: Dillard has written far better Trek novels than this. The basic plot is ok, and it stands alone as a complete story while linking in to an ongoing series. However, almost every time she mentions bees she gets her facts wrong. For instance, it's physically impossible to turn a male drone into a queen! (What actually happens is that female eggs can turn into workers or queens.) I don't mind her comparing the Borg to an insect colony, and she can make up whatever Borg rules she likes ...more
RumBelle
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek, favorites
This is one of the most emotional books in the return of the Borg story arc. Picard is forced to make a horrifying choice, how far are you willing to go to defeat an enemy bent on destroying you. This book really demonstrates strength, courage and a willingness to never give in, from both Picard and his crew as well as the Borg. This book, more than many others apart from the Destiny trilogy, shows the issue of the Borg's penchant to destroy anything both from their perspective and the Federatio ...more
John Cipolla
This is a library book. Feb 4 started feb 5th
Bradley
A fun adventure dealing with the Borg. The story flow was pretty good, and the tale had a few new faces. It was pleasant enough. =)
Jarrod
Dec 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christopher
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ron
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek, sci-fi, fiction
I'm a fan of the novel series continuing TNG, and the evolution of the crews and properties that aren't featured on the screen anymore. These characters are very real to their fans, and the writers even tend to be especially talented at maintaining the flavor of the series.
Resistance is a Borg story, and (as I understand it) the beginning of the Borg story to end all Borg stories (literally?) - but, it works well as a stand-alone. There is without a doubt a good deal of retread here. Going back
John
May 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Arco
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek, tng, 2018
The borg are back with a vengeance! If you are looking for a self contained borg action story, look no further.

The borg are one of the most formidable and iconic villains of Star Trek. So I can fully understand that they were used early in The Next Generation relaunch. Like with all villians you run the risk of diminishing returns each time they are defeated. That was certainly the case near the end of Voyagers run on television. But it also forces a writer to come up with a clever way to bring
Steven
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Star Trek relaunch titles are pretty epic in scope. Maybe it's because the writer's aren't tied into the set storyline of the series, which was itself hampered by budget and a 45 minute time slot. But the relaunch titles are able to truly expand on the characters, allow them to grow and move beyond their roles on the show, which sometimes had a "Monster of the Week" feel rather than a coherent storyline.

Resistance is the second Star Trek novel that takes place after the Nemesis movie. The cr
Michael Holloway
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
A book very much in two minds - it absolutely nails some charactisation but gets others way off; it includes some fast-paced and frantic action sequences alongside ones that drag and have an obvious resolution; and the set-up is mostly lazy (view spoiler) but with some fantastic but undeveloped ideas (view spoiler) ...more
Goldenwattle
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A crossover story from both 'The Next Generation' and 'Voyager'. Mainly set among the crew of 'The Enterprise; old characters and new, but with Kathryn Janeway from Voyager in the background, and Seven of Nine too.
A good read that had me eager to pick up the book again. The normal fault of the Star Track series is when so much action in the ship is hands on; rather than being more computer driven and automated, which would be more realist, but I guess it is considered not character driven enough
Ryan
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
John Yelverton
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a good story, but there are definitely parts in which characters act completely out of character, and I felt that it was done so in places purely for emotional effect on the reader. It's still a good story though.
Tyler
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
A worthy successor to both First Contact and Nemesis.
Darryl
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really great Borg book. Part of a series of 3 written by different authors. Canon is consistent with the series.
Bobby Litton
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book!
Jessica
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So, last night I'm laying in bed, where I get most of my productive reading hours in, and my boyfriend turns to me and we have a conversation that starts out something like this, "So are you going to review that one?"

I set the Kindle down just enough to get a peek of him over the bevel, "Of course."

"Well, are you going to mention me?"

"Why would I do that?"

"I don't want you blaming this one on me, that's all." Maybe it was the fact that it was almost midnight and sleep was creeping in, but I just
Derkanus
Sinn
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: science-fiction
Es ist schwer ein Buch wie dieses angemessen zu rezensieren. Selbst ungeübte Schreiber, wie ich einer bin, stehen nämlich vor dem Problem, dass jede Zusammenfassung besser lesen muss als das Original. Das liegt zum größten Teil daran, dass der Inhalt, in geraffter Form, ausreicht um einen Kino-Film damit zu drehen. Der Stil hingegen reicht allenfalls für durch professionellen Buchdruck erweiterte Fan-Fiction.

Wenn die Borg in Widerstand voller Zorn sind, widerspricht das dem, was wir über sie wis
Talia
Mar 13, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brian
Aug 30, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: st-tng, borg, star-trek
I'd rate this at about 2 1/2 stars...........

So, 2 parts "Best of Both Worlds", 2 parts "First Contact", 1 so-so story = been there, done that, but moderately enjoyable at times, mostly early on in the story before it deteriorates into a bit of a mess. This book started out relatively decently despite the overuse of the Borg in modern day trek and in fact, up until the very middle of the book seemed liked it was going to overcome those obstacles and serve up a relatively interesting story, Howev
  • Before Dishonor (Star Trek - The Next Generation: The Second Decade #4)
  • Q & A (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Death in Winter (Star Trek The Next Generation)
  • Greater than the Sum (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Losing the Peace (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • A Time to Harvest (Star Trek: A Time to... #4)
  • Mere Mortals (Star Trek: Destiny #2)
  • Glass Empires (Star Trek: Mirror Universe, #1)
  • A Time to Die (Star Trek: A Time to... #2)
  • A Time to Love (Star Trek: A Time to... #5)
  • Sword of Damocles (Star Trek Titan #4)
  • Vectors (Star Trek: Double Helix #2)
  • Rogue (Star Trek: Section 31, #2)
  • Rough Beasts of Empire (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #3)
  • Taking Wing (Star Trek: Titan, #1)
  • Exiles (Star Trek: The Next Generation #14)
J.M. Dillard (born 1954), is a writer of science fiction and horror.

She was born in Florida and studied at the University of South Florida, earning first a BA in Russian and then an MA in Linguistics. After college she taught English as a foreign language at the American University in Washington, D.C., before moving to the West Coast.

Star Trek: The Next Generation (1 - 10 of 104 books)
  • Encounter at Farpoint (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Ghost Ship (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #1)
  • The Peacekeepers (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #2)
  • The Children of Hamlin (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #3)
  • Survivors (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #4)
  • Strike Zone (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #5)
  • Power Hungry
  • Masks (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #7)
  • The Captains' Honor (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #8)
  • A Call to Darkness (Star Trek: The Next Generation #9)