Start by marking “Irish Rose (Irish Hearts #2)” as Want to Read:
Irish Rose (Irish Hearts #2)

Irish Rose (Irish Hearts #2)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  2,617 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
Burke Logan was a gambler, and luck had made him owner of Three Aces, one of the finest stables in Maryland. He'd come to Ireland to buy horses, but one look at Erin McKinnon's fiery beauty told him that he'd be leaving with a whole lot more.

Erin McKinnon had dreams and ambitions--and no intention of living out her days in the small town of Skibbereen! She knew Burke held
Mass Market Paperback, 250 pages
Published February 1st 1992 by Silhouette (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Irish Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Irish Rose

Chantal ❤️
4 ALMOST AS GOOD STARS

This is the second book in this series by Nora Roberts.
In this book we have Adelia's cousin from Ireland story.
Her name is Erin and she is just as feisty. She is trapped in a home situation and she is looking for a way out, a way to branch off and be herself. She has had to sacrifice a lot and with Burke (the hero) she finally has that chance.

Does she dare to take it?

description

Burke is a guy with a huge chip on his shoulder and he sees in Erin a chance to get all that he wants. He
Aayesha Khatri
I read this book immediately after I read the first one, which was when I was 14, and the first time I read it, I didn't like it as much as I liked Adelia and Travis' story.

A couple years later, I reread Irish Thoroughbred, and decided to reread this one too. I loved it.

The sweet anguish the heroine feels, loving the hero, thinking he thinks she only wants his money, and how she suffers, and pain his treatment causes - it is everything I love in a book. Nora Roberts is truly one of the best writ
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Jiwa Erin sangat gelisah, dia begitu ingin pergi meninggalkan kota kelahirannya, melihat wilayah lain, tetapi dengan situasi keuangan keluarganya, rasanya dia harus bersabar.
Burke mampu melihat kegelisahan jiwa Erin, karena jiwanya dan jiwa Erin laksana cermin, dan itu yang membuat Burke sangat tertarik kepada Erin.
Dengan dalih menawarkan pekerjaan kepada Erin, Burke membawa Erin masuk kedalam kehidupannya.
Kekuatan, keberanian, ketabahan, kepolosan dan kejujuran Erin membuat Burke jatuh cinta ta
Asounani
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Ummm So So, its the same history again.

Nora Roberts tiene algo muy tipico en ella no importa si es un libro escrito en 1988 o en 2003 siempre llegaras a saber sus desenlaces, su escritura es muy similar a lo largo de los libros y so aunque es bueno llega a ser un poco monotono al leer los libros.

No se es bueno pero es simplemente uno mas de Nora Robert nada nuevo ni nada que se salga de su linea de escriura, lo cual no es malo pero me recuerda a muchos otros libros de ella.

No lo digo con afan d
Inés Izal
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, favoritos
¡Cada vez mejora esta serie!
En el primero Travis era un sol, pero debo reconocer que Burke me ha ganado en este libro, con una personalidad única.
Lo mejor el mundo de las carreras de caballos. ¡Genial!
Tatiana Leite
Alicia
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
After the first book of this series, I couldn’t wait to dive into this book. The story did not disappoint. The plot was intriguing and surprising. The characters were well written and relatable. I found it easy to slip back into the world the author created in this series. I loved the glimpses of the other characters from the first novel in this story. The ending of this story was good, but it left me wanting a bit more. I hope to see some of that more in the next novel in this series.
Kathryn Rasch
May 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
As with the previous book in the trilogy the author or her editor needed to check some of the facts related to Thoroughbred racing.
Desty
Dec 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Irish Rose merupakan kelanjutan cerita dari Irish Thoroughbred yang mengisahkan kehidupan gadis asal Irlandia di Amerika. Kalau di buku pertama kita bertemu dengan Adelia dan Travis, maka di buku kedua ini ada Erin dan Burke. Erin adalah saudara sepupu Adelia yang tinggal di Irlandia. Ketika Adelia dan keluarganya datang berlibur ke Irlandia, Erin melihat bahwa kehidupan Adelia saat ini sudah banyak berubah. Selama tujuh tahun pernikahannya dengan Travis, Adelia sudah dikaruniai 3 orang anak plu ...more
Patrícia
Cenário de alguns dos livros mais maravilhosos de Nora Roberts, a Irlanda, já cenário de magia, ganhou outro relevo com a autora, e tornou-se terra de romance, encanto e finais felizes. As suas tradições e gentes são nos apresentados das mais variadas formas ao longo dos seus romances mas a sensação que nos transmitem é sempre a mesma: um regresso a casa. Podemos ter feitiços de mil anos, romances trágicos, fugas ao destino, o que quer que seja, a Irlanda é sempre o cenário perfeito.
Como fã que
Aurian Booklover
Jun 30, 2013 rated it liked it
When Erin McKinnon’s cousin Adelia and her husband and children are coming to visit from America, Erin is excited about it. She is also jealous, as she wants more than the small village of Skibbereen, and she wants a loving family like her cousin has for her self. What she does not know is that a friend and neighbour of Travis and Adelia is with them. And Burke Logan is instantly intrigued by the fiery Erin. He recognizes something of himself in her, the want for more, for new things, for riches ...more
Becky
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the "Irish Hearts" book by Nora Roberts. Dee, her husband Travis and children go back to Ireland to look at thoroughbred racing horses and to visit Dee's distant cousin Erin McKinnon. Erin is working hard and dreaming of saving her money to leave the small town and find the riches and family life that she envies of Dee. Along with the Grant's, is a neighboring thoroughbred rancher and racer, Burke Logan. To Erin, he is an arrogant, cigar-smoking, rogue sort of man. She is not ...more
Brianne
Mar 20, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked this one better than the first in the series, you can see how much Ms. Roberts writing style had developed in the years between the two books. Here we saw her knack for incorporating many point of views and seamlessly changing them even within a few paragraphs of each other. I really liked the first half or so of the book. Then the lack of communication between Burke and Erin really started to annoy me. Even when some not so nice stuff starts to happen, they are really not communicating. ...more
Marisa
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I found this read very weak at the beginning, but had a strong ending. The beginning, with exception to the leap of faith moving from Ireland to the US, felt very predictable to me. I had mixed feelings about the marriage and the interactions. That being said, once they got to the intrigue at the race track, I found it much more exciting.

Adding a mysterious element to the story kept it from being a predictable romance and I enjoyed how it all unraveled. I’m still only going to give the book 3 st
Helen
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book in this series is the first Nora Roberts book I read, and I read it a long time ago. I loved it for the romance and for the horses. Recently I came across this second in the series, and I thought I'd get another dose of the same. Not exactly.

What Nora Roberts does really well is capture sound and soul of Ireland. I'll read her Irish books just for that. She also creates characters with depth and quirks. But sometimes the problems the characters have could be resolved by sitting do
Sarah Smith
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading IRISH ROSE. I found myself to be just as enamored with this second novel in the Irish Hearts series as I had been with IRISH THOROUGHBRED before it. Since I had grown extremely found of Travis Grant and Adelia Cunnane from the previous novel, I was thrilled to find out what had progressed between them after they had declared their love for one another and became a couple. And...I was TOTALLY DELIGHTED to find out that the newlyweds were starting and adding to their famil ...more
Jen
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my!

When I was about eighteen, my parents had a yard sale and made me sell some of my books. I had thousands, and they were basically like, "It's time to pull the plug." I regret it so much now but I did sell a ton of books like my Sweet Valleys, my Babysitters Club, Nancy Drews, etc. What a mistake! I put aside a box of "NEVER SELL BOOKS" and my Dad accidentally put it up for sale. By the time I realized, they were half gone. It.Was.Awful.

This book was one of them!

I have been searching for i
Jen
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: nora-roberts
Erin McKinnon wants more. More than the farm and her life in Ireland and Burke Logan is going to give it to her. Finding herself hired on as his bookkeeper and on the way to America to live with her cousin Dee, Erin is thrilled with the life she's about to make. Falling in love with Burke just seems to happen and he has her at the alter before she can really think. Live hasn't been easy for Burke. He won his ranch on a stroke of luck at poker and getting Erin is just icing. But trusting that she ...more
V.
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este livro é completamente diferente do anterior, assim como as suas personagens são mais vincadas e orgulhosas. Consegui ligar-me profundamente a elas e a, de repente, devorar a história por completo sem querer fazer nenhuma pausa. Há, para além do romance, uma áurea de sedução em determinados momentos quando as personagens principais se juntam assim como o embate de feitios e orgulhos entre eles é tão intenso que eu conseguia sentir toda a raiva e fúria aquando desses momentos. Um livro que, s ...more
Ana
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
SPOILERS

I always say it, Nora Roberts is a great choice!
I loved this book even more than the previous because of Logan's development!
How he wanted to be a free animal and he suddenly finds Erin and all his plans are crushed!
It broke my heart when she got kidnapped and the brief moments of anxiety. And the reaction of Logan when she is found, and recovering on the hospital. It really touched my heart. So that's why I give this book 5 stars. Plus, Grant and Dee appears with a bunch of babies and i
Kshydog
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
annapi
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Book 2 in Roberts's Irish trilogy is as sweet as the first. We are introduced to Dee's cousin Erin McKinnon when the Grant family visits them in Ireland. Along with them on the trip is their friend and neighbor, Burke Logan, who owns the neighboring horse farm and came to Ireland to purchase horses. He persuades the restless Erin to come back to America with him as his bookkeeper. It's a nice refreshing little read.
Dannielle
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh, how I loved this one! I liked how we got more of the Grants, especially. I sped through this and think it's tied with Irish Rebel as my favorite. Plenty of angst, romance, and suspense! Definitely wasn't expecting all of that when I began this series. I think this one was the most angst riddled one though, and found myself wanting to just bang both Burke and Erin upside the head for being to blind.
Ariana
Jun 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: part-of-a-series
I enjoyed this book very much. The plot was a bit too similar to its prequel to warrant too high a praise; I felt as if I were reading the same story over again (and having read the two back-to-back, this was not a desired feeling).

I very much like the dynamic between Erin and Burke although Burke makes me angry more than once.

A satisfying read and, along the same lines as my review for its prequel, I was slightly let down by the lack of passion I was expecting.
Tam B.
Jan 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
I skimmed this in places.

It is very similar to prior book. Heroine is a small town girl from Ireland (distant cousin to first heroine). Hero is a player who avoids family and roots. He marries her because he wants to bed her, she accepts because she loves him (after all of a day I think). This book had the added twists of a pregnancy and a kidnapping serving as the motivation for the hero finally acknowledging and admitting his love for the heroine.
Aryanti
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I like this one better than the first one (Irish Thoroughbred).
A little more suspense.
Still quite a lot of drama caused by misunderstanding and the inability to communicate properly bla bla bla

But hey, I enjoyed it hahahaha!
Angela
Yah, khas Nora Roberts, ceritanya simpel dan manis. Burke pengen aku guncang-guncangin biar sadar kalau dia sebenarnya cinta sama Erin, kenapa susah banget sih dia nyatakan?

Senang rasanya bisa liat cuplikan cerita Travis dan Dee (Irish Thoroughbred) di sini. Mereka udah punya anak, lucu-lucu pula.
Tania Martins
Apr 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Mais um romance daqueles queridos da Nora, desta vez com a protagonista Erin e com o irresistível Burke, voltamos novamente ao mundo dos cavalos (que não me fascina muito) e ao casal do livro anterior. Porque é que elas acabam sempre casadas e só depois perdem a virgindade? Anos 80, só pode! Giro mas não fascinante!
Nabila Amr
Eine nette Liebesgeschichte zur Entspannung im Bett. Da es sich um einen der ersten Romane von Nora Roberts handelt, ist er mit den neueren nicht zu Vergleich. Es fehlt hier die Spannung. Trotzdem schafft es Nora Roberts auch hier einen an ihr Buch zu fesseln. Es ist auch schön hier zu erfahren wie es aus dem Liebespaar aus Herzen im Einklang geworden ist. Das Buch ist lesenswert.
Jodi
Jan 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Didn't actually finish this as it was overdue & someone else from library had ordered it ... happened while we were away and I had to pay a fine for a book I didn't get to read! Never mind, I was fined for "A Passage to India" as well but I got to borrow it out again and finish it today so all's well that ends well :-)
Más libros para Latinoamérica!! 1 1 Feb 02, 2017 10:35AM
Play Book Tag: Irish Rose by Nora Roberts - 3 stars 4 10 May 31, 2016 07:25AM
  • The Man Tamer (It's All About Attitude #7)
  • Double Dare (Harlequin Blaze #324)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • Hot for Him (Secret Lives of Daytime Divas, #3)
  • Day of Reckoning (Cascades Concealed #2)
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • The Darkest Touch (Demon Hunters, #3)
  • Celtic Fire (Druids of Avalon, #1)
  • Good Girls Don't
  • Frontier Courtship
  • Made of Honor
  • Seduction, Westmoreland Style (The Westmorelands, #10)
  • The Italian's Rightful Bride
  • Time's Edge (Time's Edge, #1)
  • Heart of Gold (Rainbow Chasers #1)
More about Nora Roberts...

Irish Hearts (3 books)
  • Irish Thoroughbred (Irish Hearts, #1)
  • Irish Rebel (Irish Hearts, #3)