Start by marking “The Name of the Game” as Want to Read:

The Name of the Game

Available digitally for the first time.
Letting go has never been more scary--or intoxicating--in this electrifying story from #1 "New York Times "bestselling author Nora Roberts.
TV producer Johanna Patterson knows that the entertainment industry is a man's world--especially for a man like Sam Weaver. His tough good looks have propelled him to movie stardom. But Johanna c
Mass Market Paperback, Language of Love #33 - Trumpet Flower, 220 pages
Published July 1st 1993 by Silhouette (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about The Name of the Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Name of the Game

Isabella - Madly in Love with Books

This story has to be about twenty years old by now and shows that not all old romance books had weak, pathetic heroines that let their men walk all over them.

The h was my kind of female protagonist - stubborn, sometimes cranky, always prickly and hard to get close to - I loved that.
The H was still an arrogant alpha male, but he also had all the traits I often find and like by Nora Roberts. He is a nice and friendly decent human being.

Although the story is super short, is was also ki
Tania Martins
A reler, lembro-me de algumas coisas ainda...

Lido depois de uns anos e continuo a achar a Johanna uma mulher complicada, eu percebo que ela não quisesse ceder ao glamour de Hollywood e de Sam mas as desculpas que ela arranja são completamente estapafúrdias, o legado da mãe e o facto de nenhuma relação com atores funcionar? Really? Muito morno para mim, salvou-se o Sam que era um doce e uma personagem com tiradas muito engraçadas!
Rie_dominique
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, harlequin
Update 2016
Love Johanna n Sam! terutama adegan Sam membuang pakaian Johanna keluar jendela :)

---------------------
first read : 2001
Charlotte Griggs
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'll start by saying I wasn't a fan of the storyline. It was based around hollywood. With Johanna being a television show producer. I didn't care about all the little details that went into that. I also didn't care so much for the characters outside of Sam and Johannah.

So, what's the point of reading if I didn't enjoy the storyline? Well, I really liked the romance. Sam could have any woman he wanted and Johannah knew just as much. So, why is this super hot movie star after her? What could she p
Vanessa
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este livro foi-me oferecido em Fevereiro deste ano e, como estava arrumado na estante desde essa altura, decidi finalmente pegar nele durante este mês para que pudesse ser lido.

Este é um livro recheado de luxúria, tensão, amizade, amor, desejo, drama, paixão e intriga desde o início até ao fim, com um enredo simples mas apelativo e com personagens muito interessantes, complexas, fortes e reais.

Como de costume, a escrita da autora mostra-se leve e descontraída e proporciona uma leitura muito agra
Elgyn
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
s. 171,172
televizní zprávy (...) byl převezen narychlo povolanou záchrankou na jednotku intenzivní péče do blíže neurčené nemocnice (...)
Odvezu tě do nemocnice.“

s. 100 s takovými piraňami, jako je Toni

ji/jí - s. 200
Jess Schira
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I quite liked this vintage Nora Roberts story. The plot was steady, the characters well defined, and the romance was sweet with just enough spice to keep things interesting. The story didn't feel as dated as some of Robert's other stories from the same decade.
Gail A Ostrove
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally

Johanna was stubborn until the end. She realized Sam loved her and wanted a future with her in it. There were no guarantees as far as marriage was concerned but she was his.
Felicia
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: nora-roberts
Rigid game show producer Johanna Patterson is pursued by actor Sam Weaver.
Echica
Aug 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: boekenlijst-2017
Wat zal ik eens zeggen over dit boek.
kort gezegd is dit totaal geen boek wat mij aangetrokken Heb, heb het geprobeerd te waarderen maar nog een keer lezen nee dat doe ik dan maar niet.
Brenna
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A reprint from 1988. Although things have definitely changed since the 1980's this book is still a fun read.
Lyn Ryan
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Another easy read light hearted romance with a little suspense by my favourite author
MissKitty
Dec 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Good for a silhouette, Nora Roberts is certainly an excellent writer and can pack a lot of development into a few pages. The Hero was a sweetheart and fought for his lady.
Marionela
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Макар и прилежно написана с пълноценно представени герои, нещо в сюжета ме спира да харесам тази книга. Може би защото е клише от началото до края.
Lindsay
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Typical Nora Roberts fare, you're always guaranteed a happy ending!!!
Robyne (grl-1der-reader)
Good and fun
Kathy
Maura
Jan 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
NR tidak pernah tanggung2 jika membuat sebuah cerita, dan tidak pernah lupa mengerjakan PRnya. Membaca buku ini membawa pikiran saya melayang, membayangkan sebuah proses produksi sebuah acara quiz, tekanan2nya. Dan seperti biasa, NR melukiskan sebuah lokasi dengan sangat menarik, seperti saat dia melukiskan lokasi peternakan Sam.
Johannna adalah putri produser yg terkenal, hidup dibawah bayang2 sang ayah, belajar dengan guru yg terbaik, itu yang Johanna lakukan seumur hidupnya, sehingga dia bisa
Julie Barrett
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Name of the Game
Johanna Patterson is dreaming of Sam Weaver, the actor. She is running the contest show and he's made a deal with her that if he wins the next 2 games, she will have dinner with him. He's very smart.
Love how to get away from the pressures of her job she gardens. Detailed descriptions about the colors and different flowers she has planted and takes care of herself.
Love the places he takes her to that she's never experienced. He's on vacation now but she will be working many ho
Gloria
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Actually started this book a while back, then picked it back up again earlier this week. (I was only about 20 pages in when I put it down in favor of something else). This was pretty good story from Nora's backlist. Liked the hero a lot - the heroine was conflicted for a long time, but her reasons for that were understandable. I gave it four stars because she frustrated me, but this is worth the read.
Briana
Jul 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was hooked by Johanna's strong but vulnerable character. Roberts seems to have a flare for creating characters like that and I loved reading about her sorting through those and finally coming to see and understand herself and all of the things that contributed to who she is. Sam was totally lovable; the guy who knew when to push forward and when to retreat. He was perfect for Johanna and I loved him to pieces. Cute, heartwarming read!
Timendu
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed it. For once, I liked the hero. He wasn't a dark, brooding, tortured artiste. He was a good guy, and a bit of a sweetheart. The story was sweet - boy meets girl, boy chases girl, boy and girl fall in love, and resolve girl's commitment issues so they can live happily ever after.
Sonia Cristina
Um romance simples. A personagem de Johanna foi bem desenvolvida, com as suas dúvidas e conflitos em relação ao amor e compromisso, devido à promiscuidade dos pais. Sam era mesmo o que lhe fazia falta.
Natalya
May 23, 2010 rated it liked it
a bit rambling, same drama from Johanna over and over again; then, a sudden change of heart; Sam's character too perfect
Camilla
Jan 16, 2011 rated it did not like it
Dated (1988) and poorly written, yet still reissued in 2010. How did Nora Roberts develop the reputation she has? ?
Barbara James
Aug 05, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
nora roberts
Lisarenee
Jun 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
Another fun read by Roberts. About a game show producer who falls for one of the actor's who guest stars on her show. Very cute.
Joyce Crawford
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No real surprises in this story.
Errors in the story? 1 1 Apr 18, 2019 11:32PM
  • Perkawinan
  • Istri Simpanan
  • The English Doctor's Baby - Buah Hati Sang Dokter (Westerling, #3)
  • Stranger From The Past - Pria Dari Masa Lalu
  • Unearthed (UN-Forgettable, #1)
  • Menjalani Pernikahan [To Make a Marriage]
  • Having His Baby - Anak Sang Kekasih (3 Bayi Untuk 3 Saudara Buku 3)
  • Magnolia Moon (Callahan Brothers, #3)
  • The Sicilian Surrender - Terpikat Sang Pria Sisilia
  • The Miracle Man (Hatfield, #1)
  • Die Süße des Lebens
  • Touchstone
  • The Magnate's Mistress
  • The Return of Mrs. Jones
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • Sang Dokter Biliuner [Billionaire Doctor, Ordinary Nurse]
  • Ghost Killer (Ghost Seer, #3)
  • Nobody's Angel (Earth Angels, #1)