Start by marking “Fuse” as Want to Read:
Fuse

Fuse

Kendall Mullins hates high school, almost as much as he hates the situation at home, but that all changes when Craig Baumgarten joins his class. Craig makes life at Percy Fitzpatrick High almost bearable, until the bullies set their sights on the new best friends and Craig hatches a plan to fight back with devastating consequences.

As Kendall is drawn in deeper he finds him
Published July 1st 2009 by Human & Rousseau (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Fuse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fuse

Richard
Sep 06, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommended to Richard by: The author and others
Shelves: south_africa
The Irony-Clad Truth

Dear Sally,

Let me start by confessing that I began reviewing the books of fellow authors to sate my own hunger for reviews and success. Nothing startling or unusual about that, except that I have chosen to admit it openly. In fact, I’m even prepared to take this one step further by admitting that, as a keen observer of human nature, I not only know exactly what people want to hear, but also how to present it in such a way that it has a semblance of veracity – the irony-clad t
S.A. Partridge
Sep 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jayne Bauling
May 10, 2015 rated it liked it
You don't fit it. You have no friends. You get picked on or bullied. Then one day, there's a new kid at school, one who's like you, but not completely. For the first time, you have a friend, and this means so much to you that when your new buddy starts planning something seriously unspeakable, you quiet your conscience out of loyalty and gratitude, and for fear of losing the friendship. You convince yourself that it's just talk, everything is under control, nothing's going to happen.

This is Kend
Big Book Theory
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kendall is adopted by the Mullins. Justin and Kendall grow up and the story really starts with Justin in Grade 12 and Kendall in Grade 11. At school Justin and Kendall aren't really friends and they pretend that they do not know each other. Kendall is bullied relentlessly, even accused of Satanism and called a freak on a daily basis. Justin is popular, in the A-group and has a new girlfriend every week.
A new boy starts at the same school as the Mullin brothers and befriends Kendall. Craig howeve
Jude
Feb 19, 2015 rated it liked it
This is much better than the author's first book and I enjoyed it much more, but the characters were a little flat and stereotyped - even the two central characters, Justin and Kendall. I think a different technique would solve this issue - writing in the first person, or multi-focalisation - and this is exactly what she does in her next two books.Despite this minor criticism, the book is one of the very few that deal with bullying and with disturbed teenagers consumed by hate. It's a brave topi ...more
Nadine Larter
Oct 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Fuse is an easy read with a relatively relatable plot. I'm not much of a YA fan so I'm not always sure how to rate YA fiction. I imagine that the book would work for a younger reader but I do think that a little more emotional emphasis could have been put on the relationship between the two brothers and I would have liked to feel a little more when it came to the bully/victim dynamic.
Ver_star
Jun 21, 2014
Moni_qe
Jul 24, 2012
Sarahkmartinuk
rated it did not like it
Mar 02, 2015