Start by marking “Storm Warning (Whisper Lake, #1)” as Want to Read:
Storm Warning (Whisper Lake, #1)

Storm Warning (Whisper Lake #1)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  117 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
The rustic lakeside homestead is supposed to be a refuge for widow Nori Edwards. However, the moment the single mom arrives, strange and frightening things start happening. Former police officer Steve Baylor--the only resident who'll step foot on the "cursed" property--vows to protect Nori. "And" catch the shadowy someone dead set on terrorizing her. For the first time, sh ...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill

To ask other readers questions about Storm Warning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storm Warning

Dec 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
I am usually not a Novel reader, but this was so good! It had my attention from the first chapter. I loved that it was a Christian Novel, with God reaching out to the characters throughout the story. Linda has a great way of making you feel the rain or the sunshine by painting such a great picture with her words. I liked the suspense/mystery throughout! Great find! Glad I could read it on my Kindle.
Elaine
Jan 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Linda Hall is a really good writer. Several of her stories are done on the coast of Maine - a very pretty pine tree state.

Legend has it that the ghost of Molly haunts Trail's End, the lodge that now belongs to Nori. A few teens are rumored to have disappeared from there over a year ago and folks are still talking about it. Strange things happen at the lodge or could it be that Nori is overtired or has too much on her mind? Perhaps someone or something is trying to scare her off.

Instead of gett
Cathy Daniel
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oooo I loved this book! It was so very different from other LIS. Creepy and subtle.
AJ
Jul 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a mystery
Recommended to AJ by: No one
©2001
21 chapters/246 pages

Book Summary—Nori Edwards has just moved to Whisper Lake Crossings, having bought Trail’s End, a lodge-and-ten-cabins property. She’s moved to start over. Her husband, Marty, was killed, and anyone’s left with their twin 16-year-old girls, who don’t arrive at Crossings with their mother as they’re at a Christian summer camp. So Nori’s all alone. And, unfortunately for her, the place she now calls home is the focus of a centuries-old legend involving a ghost and, through
Christy
Apr 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Linda Hall is a good author and this book was no exception. It is a good, quick read with the perfect combination of suspense and romance. I like how God is used to reach out to the characters and readers. I related well to Nori who felt hurt and lost after her husbands death. I am a lot like her b/c I too would researched more into the stories of the "cursed" island.

Nori & her children move to the beautiful coastal Maine town after Nori's husband dies suddenly and unexpectedly. Nori is dra
Kayla
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it

Nori Edwards decides to start her life over by moving to Maine and redoing cabins. She has lost her husband and grief has caused Nori to lose faith in God, but her two daughter's never lost that faith and are away and a Christian Camp. Here she meets Steve, who also has his own battles. The two end up getting close, especially since he is working on the cabin. Things start to get weird when Nori's windows would be open, the doors would be unlocked, an the "ghost" tale is swarming with the locals
Phyllis
Feb 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adrift after her husband's death, artist Nori Edwards buys Trails End, a lodge with cabins on Whisper Lake. Looking for a peaceful location for her and and daughters to heal, she didn't realize the lodge came with a past. When strange events begin to occur, she leans on Steve, who had previously been part of an elite military corp, to unravel the mystery.
Kendra
Jan 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Linda Hall’s Love Inspired Suspense novel, Storm Warning, will hold your attention from beginning to end. The flare of romance she adds to it makes you sit on the edge of your seat, hoping and anticipating for the ending.
Janell
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Although very simply written, this intriguing mystery kept me guessing, as well as keeping me on the edge of my seat right to the end. Very enjoyable.

Note: This line of suspense/romance books from Steeple Hill are very simple, Christian and clean.
Mandy
Mar 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
Nori moves to Whisper Lake, Maine in hopes of healing from her husband's death and for a fresh start. But instead, she finds herself questioning things such as if she is being haunted to if she is once again falling in love.
Melissa
Feb 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent mystery. Much better than her first trilogy for Love Inspired Suspense. This had the perfect amount of mystery, great characters and twists and turns. Easily one of the best LIS books I've read!
IrenesBookReviews
Oct 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the suspense and characters. A quick, clean Christian romance to read.
Jan
Jun 06, 2011 rated it liked it
a quick read. Predictable story line. A good read for a rainy day.
Mary
Nov 10, 2015 added it
another good book...enjoyed the setting of this story...will read more of her books.
Kristine
Apr 23, 2010 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No One
Recommended to Kristine by: Mom
Maybe it's my fault, I don't read many "Christian" romances. But this story was crappy.
Mel
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really great book! I couldn't put it down. It was one I would consider to be a great summer read. Would definitely recommend it to friends and read it again!
Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland
A good fast paced inspirational suspense story.
Karen
Jul 20, 2013 rated it liked it
I've read this before, but the Love Inspired Suspense ones are worth reading again. Nori wants to start fresh at Whisper Lake. Strange things happen as she tries to get the lodge up and running.
S15lvand
Melissa Laird
rated it it was ok
Apr 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Twin Targets  (Protecting the Witnesses, #1)
  • Little Girl Lost (The Secrets of Stoneley, #2)
  • Flashpoint (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #204) (Emerald Coast 911, #4)
  • Covert Pursuit
  • Behind the Badge (The Morgan Brothers, #2)
  • Threat of Exposure (Texas Ranger Justice, #5)
  • The Officer's Secret  (Military Investigations, #1)
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma, #2)
  • Mission: Out of Control (Missions of Mercy, #2)
  • What Sarah Saw (Without A Trace #1)
  • Assignment: Bodyguard (Secret Agent Series, #4)
  • Fatal Secrets  (Protecting the Witnesses , #5)
  • Keeping Guard
  • Vanishing Act
  • Hidden in the Wall (Reunion Revelations, Book 1) (Love Inspired Suspense #84)
I write mystery novels and short stories. So far I have 20 in print - with more coming. My newest mystery series begins with Night Watch and introduces my new series character, boat captain Em Ridge.

Other series include the Corporal Roger Sheppard mysteries, The Teri Blake-Addison PI thrillers and the Fog Point mysteries, as well as a number of romantic suspense novels and short stories.

For infor
More about Linda Hall...

Whisper Lake (3 books)
  • On Thin Ice (Whisper Lake, #2)
  • Critical Impact (Whisper Lake, #3)