Start by marking “What Kind Of God?: Responding To 10 Popular Accusations” as Want to Read:
What Kind Of God?: Responding To 10 Popular Accusations

What Kind Of God?: Responding To 10 Popular Accusations

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  30 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
¿Qué tipo de Dios...?
Dice Michael Ots en la introduccion al libro «que la mayoria de las preguntas que las personas me hacen son sobre Dios mismo. No preguntan tanto sobre su existencia, sino sobre su caracter. ¿Como puede ser bueno si autoriza guerras, permite el sufrimiento, reprime la sexualidad, castiga a su propio Hijo y excluye a las personas en base a sus creencias,
Published September 19th 2008 by IVP

To ask other readers questions about What Kind Of God?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Kind Of God?

Anna Chviedaruk
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good overview of the typical problems people have with believing in Jesus and God, typical questions and stumbling stones that usually turn people away from God but that are actually lies. Very straight to the point, logical, full of truth and grace - a good read.
Tulpesh Patel
Mar 07, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: religion
What Kind of God is a collection of 10 short answers to common questions, or ‘accusations’ made by atheists, of religion, such as: What kind of god doesn't prevent suffering? What kind of god sends sincere people to hell? What kind of god would limit my sexuality? It’s written by a Minister of Evangelism at Landsdowne Baptist Burch in Bournemeth, but by happenstance grew up just down the road from where I did.

I wanted to review this book not on the arguments presented, but on the writing and boo
Christine Dillon
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I do lots of evangelism training and so am constantly on the lookout for books I can recommend either on how to do evangelism or books to be lent to non-Christians. This book is of the second kind, although any thinking Christian will learn a great deal from the answers that Michael gives. I found myself not only being encouraged personally but also planning to use some of his points and illustrations in my own conversations on these issues. The chapter headings will intrigue anyone and the cont ...more
Jan 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian
Useful compilation of different objections people claim to have to Christianity and some responses to them; nothing too deep but good as an inspiration to think through for oneself some implications of belief.
Jose A. Rivera
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sugestivo.

El presente libro es una buena lectura para aquellos que tienen dudas serias sobre la fe en Dios y el cristianismo. El autor aborda el tema con claridad y contundencia. Excelente lectura para iniciar una serie de estudios en apologética.
Dani
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Contraargumenta muy claramente acusaciones y prejuicios comunes en contra del cristianismo. Lo hace utilizando bibliografía tanto atea como doctrinaria.
Ana
S ENSELL
Mar 27, 2016
Hanaj
Aug 03, 2017
“I am not saying that you have to believe in God to make moral decisions. God's existence is not dependent on my belief in him, anyway. However, without the objective reality of God, there would be no conscience".” 0 likes
“Some people react to suffering by denying the very possibility of God's existence” 0 likes