Start by marking “Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol” as Want to Read:
Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol

Read Book

Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  1,983 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
Note: Despite its title, this book does not plagiarize Dan Brown's newest novel, "The Lost Symbol." It is an original text installation by author Nigel Tomm.

New Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol text installation by Nigel Tomm corns free pdf book or ebook torrent download as novel or books of novels throughout the word. The bundle deletes the happiest chunk. Dan Brown’s The Lost
Published September 2nd 2009

John Raikkonen
Mar 27, 2011 rated it liked it
OK...not as good as DaVinci Code
Jackie
Sep 08, 2010 is currently reading it
As usual, a page turner. Just have to remember it's FICTION
Lisa
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book was such a let down, compared to The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. The ending was rather poor too. I found the plot rather hard to follow and at times it got rather boring. I have to say not too good at all Dan Brown. I think you lost the plot with this book.
Anne Ward
Good
Yuvraj Jagtap
Apr 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Its again a typical Dan Brown, edge of the seat, fast paced, thrilling book. However it lacks the what Angels and Demons has - the perfect ending.
Sana Yusuf
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Gripping, as you would expect from any of the other Dan Brown books, but after reading The Da Vinci's Code, Angels and Demons and Inferno, have to say a little disappointed. The twist in the story did not seem very surprising or jaw-dropping.
Lora Grigorova
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
The Lost Symbol: http://readwithstyle.wordpress.com/20...

I was a bit skeptical when I started reading Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol. Having read The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons (and subsequently having seen both movies) I didn’t think there was anything that Mr. Brown could write that is worth reading. After all, both of the above novels are essentially the same – they feature the recurring themes of symbols, keys, cryptography, hidden secrets, secret societies, etc. I admit that Dan Brown
Charlotte
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this book at the urging of a friend. While not the type of book I normally read (though I did read and enjoy The DaVinci Code) I did end up finding it hard to put down. It did generate some good discussion. Remarkable to me, is the fact that this book tells of many symbols in the capital building that are pagan myths that are contrary to Christianity. I have also been the recipient of e-mails that use art in that same building to proclaim the strong Christian roots of our country!
Gina
May 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: listened
Slow and annoying, I listened to this book at work. It didn't turn out to be a good choice for work listening, there were too many little things to follow and the annoying stupid things the characters did made it hard to follow. So next I time listen to a Dan Brown book it won't be at work. I'm sure the characters will do stupid things and that will annoy me but that's a different problem completely.
Kaye Dil
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
intriguing book.... lots of big words but i coped LOL
Bobbi Rightmyer
Jul 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Although this book got some horrible reviews, I found it very entertaining. I enjoy suspenseful thrillers and Dan Brown is one of the best!
Concep Chiapco
May 06, 2014 is currently reading it
While at work. :)
Gabychka
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very typical Dan Brown series. I enjoy these books and all the twists and turns, and especially the historical journey. Always learn a lot and get interesting in art/literature/history that I was not aware of previously. Easy reading, too, so quite relaxing.
A S KHAN
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Woow, what a book...
Cindy
Sep 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book is a lecture about freemasonry disguised as a novel. Blah, blah, blah, blah…
David
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
the lost symbol
dan brown

The basic plot/story (with no spoilers!)
Strengths and weaknesses of the book (plot/characters/setting/language)
Why you gave it the number of stars you This book was about a writer named robert langdon whose curiosity got the best of him when a mysterious message is sent to him from an unknown source telling him to pack his things and travel across the world, this sends langdons life spinning out of control as he encounters many different dangers. This book has an incredib
Sweet Grace
May 28, 2015 rated it did not like it
To use someone's work toget your work out there instead of through your on outright mediation makes the book worse to me. Just because you can describe the room in which your character stands With a avid and a vivid vocabulary does not make your book interesting. its what is described and how its decribed in great detail That makes Dan Browns books. the seat of your pants thrill that keeps the read reading that's what makes a great book I'm am disappointed I didn't even finish it and knew almost ...more
Rinkesh Bafna
Jun 27, 2015 rated it liked it
The only book I failed to understand completely. Not because it's a bad one but because I'm completely unaware about masons and their rituals so everything goes over my head. Beyond the horizon of my understanding.

Nevertheless, grab this one if you are a thriller loving person. Dan Brown at his best as usually with his thriller and mysteries.

Rating it 3 purely because of its amazingly thrilling story line.
Anita
Jul 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
300 pages too long(that would cut it in half). Every character including Robert Langdon struck me as being quite stupid and annoying. Some interesting historical information was provided but then it was overshadowed by several pages of mind numbing prose. I stopped caring about anyone or The Lost Symbol. The ending was a let down. I kept reading hoping for something exciting-never happened. Not even close to the Angels and Demons or Davinci Code.
Rahul Reddy
Nov 07, 2011 rated it liked it
the book got a lot of negative criticism. I found it interesting and fast paced. He held the interest till the end. It is a bit similar to other plots from his earlier works. I found the end a bit lacking and the rating is 3 else would have gone for a higher rating. all in all a good read.
Melissa
Sep 30, 2012 rated it did not like it
The only other Dan Brown book I've read other than The DaVinci Code and will probably be my last. I guessed the identity of the villain about halfway through, then was subjected to the Gospel According to Dan in the last couple of chapters.
Yasin
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Dan Brown'un kitaplarında polisiye romandan biraz daha fazlası var. Hani alışılagelmiş katil kaç polis yakala olayı değil. İçinde biraz daha şifreler, sırlar var. Amaç bir yandan katili yakalamakken diğer yandan şifreyi çözmek. üzerine güzel kitap :-)
Sam
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
After reading all of Mr. Dan Brown's Novels. I was captivated by all the locations and mysteries of the past. During my time reading the books. I was researching into all the new locations, paintings and mysteries from the book. Mr. Dan Brown knows how to capture his readers. Excellent
Lornashea
Dec 30, 2009 is currently reading it
Good reading. He is concise, fast paced and historically accurate. I always learn a few new bits from Mr. Brown. I particularly like his mix of history, legend and bringing together world religiocity in a clean fashion.
Margo
Apr 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
kept my interested until the very end - good read
Falonne Rusamaza
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brown is the brightest person I know.
Sue
Jun 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
A little predictable, but enjoyable.
Rutaba Tariq
Jun 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Not a pro critic, but I have always enjoyed Dan Brown's work. Its riveting and every page keeps you hooked! Worth a read - at least once.
Gibson Bush
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another good story from Dan Brown. I love the refernces to real people and real places. The context of the book is well researched and I always enjoy plots that envolve actual places.
Sandra Escobido
Aug 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
"The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown is a fascinating pleasure.. The codes are very intriguing and keeps the pages on turning.. ;)
Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol 1 16 Dec 28, 2009 02:08PM
  • Dies: A Sentence
  • INK.
  • The Collected Fanzines
  • The Complete Works of Marvin K. Mooney
  • Babyfucker
  • Sky Saw
  • i am like october when i am dead
  • Eat When You Feel Sad
  • a
  • 50 Poems
  • I'll Drown My Book: Conceptual Writing By Women
  • Poems for the Millennium, Vol. 2: Modern and Postmodern Poetry from Postwar to Millennium
  • Nohow On: Company, Ill Seen Ill Said, Worstward Ho
  • The Man Behind the Da Vinci Code: An Unauthorized Biography of Dan Brown
  • No One Can Do Anything Worse to You Than You Can
  • Zong!
  • Selected Writings
  • Anti-Story: An Anthology of Experimental Fiction
There has always been and possibly will always be an air of mystery about Nigel Tomm, but it is certain to the public that he stands as one of the most inventive authors of contemporary literature today. Sometimes deemed as the James Joyce of this current generation, Tomm explores the meaning of avantgarde with his riveting abstract literature, art, and film. His first work, a collection of remixe ...more