Start by marking “Bride of the Water God, Volume 5” as Want to Read:
Bride of the Water God, Volume 5

Bride of the Water God, Volume 5 (Bride of the Water God #5)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  1,126 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
With a jealous admirer and a bitter, powerful mother plotting behind his back, Habaek's controversial decision to return Soah to his magical kingdom has the elemental gods and goddesses in an uproar. Habaek, the moody water god who rescued Soah's village from famine and drought, is also dealing with a curse that turns him into a child during the day and reverts him to his ...more
Published February 9th 2010 by Dark Horse Books (first published December 10th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Bride of the Water God, Volume 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bride of the Water God, Volume 5

Logan
Jan 26, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2010
The fact that Soah has yet to figure out that Mui and Habaek are the same person is getting a bit annoying. The way it's drawn out has kinda of squeezed the suspense out of it. Now I just want her to find out so the story can move forward. Good thing Huye and this Emperor guy are so intriguing.
Nanly
Feb 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Angst overload, but this is definitely a better volume than the previous ones.
jenny
Dec 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
5 stars for the art, and 3 stars for the story. The art is some of the most beautiful I have seen in manhwa or graphic novel. The story is meh, but it has it's moments.
Kadie D♥
Jan 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Nakbin? I don't think so....
Ambs ❤❤
Nov 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Habaek needs to just tell Soah the truth already, and talk about a meddling mother, geez!
Amandine
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alors que Mui comprend qu'il aime Soah, il compte lui demander officiellement sa main... alors qu'il la propose en marriage, une autre épouse apparait et crée du chaos dans le Royaume des Eaux... Et c'est là que tu te dis "Communication is KEY !"
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Another good volume.
Emily Dones
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wish Nakbin was erased. Why can't they just be happy.
Cornerofmadness
Jun 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Alexa (Once Upon a Chapter)
Jul 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted at Pages of Forbidden Love

The plot certainly picks up in this book. Just when we thought that Mui and Soah might finally have reached a certain romantic connection a wrench gets thrown into that new found love. The wrench that gets thrown in is the addition of another bride. This bride seems harmless but Habaek quickly forms a bond with her because he thinks she looks exactly like Nakbin, his first human bride.

Basically the addition of the Nakbin look alike push
Bianca Wilson
Feb 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book was written by Mi-Kyung-yun I forgot how many pages there were. This is a korean styled comic called Manhwa. (Manga for the japanese)

Nakbin has returned from the human world. Which means a tidal washing away Soah's love for Mui and Habek, the water god. Soah, stil oblivious to the fact that Habek and Mui are the very same persons just that in the morning he is Habek in the form of a child- but at night he is and adult Mui the adult version of Habek just a different name How long will t
Zunaira Ghazal
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: blah
And so ‘Nakbin’ pulls the stereotypical bitch move—turn boy against girl and smirk in the background. Of course there’s a Unicorn Pegasus called Lin and a very complicated love trapezium with Soah and Hu-Ye. Ugh. I swear the characters are all so weak willed and lifeless. I don’t feel anything but utter contempt for this story so far. I get the gist of a conspiracy somewhere in this petri dish of unwarranted jealousy, angst and unrequited INSTAlove, and then it disappears—like WHAT? If you’re go ...more
Christine Zarah
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
(I keep reading because I need to know if this gets better. Because how the hell has this amassed a lot of fans if the plot continues this way? If the characters continue to be this uninteresting? If everything remains cliched?)

(But sheesh, can I really hold on for too long? lmao.)
LemontreeLime
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was ok
The art is a strange mix of gorgeous flower and architectural details, and then strange inhuman looking figures that look about 7ft tall and have 8in long fingers. The story is not quite together with the art, i cant put my finger on what exactly is missing. I suspect there is not enough character development because the art is everything to this series. Imagine the 'Dark Shadows' soap opera as a manga.
Belinda
Mar 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
artwork still great. story picked up a bit but I still feel like the author skips a bit of the interaction between characters, that might influence there actions. like I still can't figure out why soah thinks habaek is so sweet. certainly wasn't in any of the panels I read. maybe have to reread it. was probably hurried and focused on just the art.
Angie
May 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
I thought the abrupt scene changes would smooth out, and things would start developing, but by book four events have become repetitive and the heroine can't tell right from left. She gets more aggravating as the situation stays exactly the same and she can't figure anything out! I am now struggling through, and if things don't change by the next two books, I am OUT.
Tasha
Mar 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
You can tell that Nakbin woman is evil because she has long bangs. Read the review at Truth Beauty Freedom and Books>>>
Ella
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm still ashamed that Habaek didn't tell Soah that Mui is actually him. And I'm bothered that another human girl has arrived. Soah shouldn't of let Habaek/Mui to save her, because that girl is quite a bother to Habaek's relationship with Soah.
Hikari
Mar 05, 2016 added it
Valamiért ez legalább annyira tetszett, mint az első kötet.
A Nakbi-legende kezd egyre jobban érdekelni…vajon mi az igazság?
Ráadásul most már tényleg nem tudom kiben lehet bízni.
Egyre jobb lesz…kérem szépen a folytatást :)
Starbubbles
Dec 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manhwa
was soo good, and soo beautiful. i almost rated it lower b/c i wanted more to happen in it, but it just shows how awesome it was. can't wait for book 6. i really can't wait for it to end, just so i can see what all will happen. shame each book costs so much...
Nicole
Jan 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manhwa, fantasy
Gorgeous art (lush, dramatic) as always. The story itself can feel confusing and less substantial than the art (hence the lower rating). But I still really enjoy this manhwa and will keep coming back for more...
Kimmy
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, mi-kyung-yun
But now, at this moment, I want to become this person's bride.
Amy
Jul 14, 2012 rated it liked it
More confusing...?
Nawal Al Hosani Scorpion DOADA
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-it, manga
If this story is what really happens to the girls that are sacrificed........... Then I don't mind getting sacrificed....................
Jenny
Jan 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Finally! Something happened. I can go to sleep knowing I can take a breather from this series
Iris
May 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Niratisaya Niratisaya
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
It could be shorten....
Mimesis
Dec 06, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy, 2000s, manhwa
Gorgeous pictures. But that is about it.
Snow
Mar 15, 2010 rated it it was ok
reviewing for Good Comics for Kids
Athena
Apr 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
im enjoying rereading these. its been a while and the art and story is so beautiful. i cant wait to read book eight, the new one
  • Goong: The Royal Palace, Vol. 2 (Goong, #2)
  • 100% Perfect Girl, Volume 2
  • The Tarot Cafe, #6
  • Black Bird, Vol. 14 (Black Bird, #14)
  • Basara, Vol. 3
  • Red River, Vol. 2 (Red River, #2)
Mi-Kyung Kun (윤미경) is a Korean comic artist; she is currently publishing the Bride of the Water God series in the Korean comics magazine Wink.

Received the Silver Medal for Seoul Media Group's "Shin-in-gong-mo-jeon" ("New Artist Debut Competition") for Na-eu Ji-gu Bang-moon-gi (The Journey of My Earth Visit) in 2003.

Received a "Shin-in-sang" ("Best New Artist") award from the Dokja-manhwa-daesang
More about Mi-Kyung Yun...

Bride of the Water God (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Bride of the Water God, Volume 1