Start by marking “Double Fine Action Comics Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Double Fine Action Comics Volume 1

Double Fine Action Comics Volume 1

(DoubleFine Action Comics #1)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  52 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Published March 2009 by Nerdcore

To ask other readers questions about Double Fine Action Comics Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Fine Action Comics Volume 1

Luke Bailey
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
From the guy that brought us the genius of Igloo Head and Tree Head, this is a very silly collection of irreverent strip comics featuring Knight Guy and Muscleman and the Two Headed Baby and more.
Craig Shields
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
I really wanted to like this one. I really did. I appreciate an unrefined drawing style (à la "Hyperbole and a Half") and nonsensical stories, but this collection of daily webcomic strips fails on a long-term scale. The artist's method was to wake up and complete these strips first thing in the morning, writing the plot as he drew. As a result, the collection suffers from a lack of point, and too many of the comics fall into "Whoa, look at us here. Ha ha. Cool." It's only 120 pages, but it felt ...more
Faith
Oct 21, 2009 rated it liked it
Let me say that I love Scott C's work. He's one of my favorite working artists and I have several prints of his work which I love. So I expected to love this book but only liked it instead. The light and whimsical qualities of his work, which are so charming in his individual paintings, weren't quite enough to carry some of the longer plot arcs. But then again it's a collection of comic strips he wrote and drew daily, which in and of itself is impressive.
Rebecca Schwarz
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There isn't a big point or narrative arc to these strips, but that's what makes them so enjoyable and relaxing to read. The characters are all funny in a quirky tangential way, so the humor has a way of sneaking up on you. I suspect this is the kind of thing that readers will either really enjoy or not at all. I really enjoyed it and will be reading the second book.
Austin Storm
Jan 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2012
These comics come from Scott C's daily comic blog. His wonderful style and quirky sense of humor pervade, but it doesn't hold together as well in bigger doses.

I'm glad to have it in my library, but best sampled occasionally.
Kristine Hall
Mar 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-lit
These comic strip topics are so random -- almost like stream of consciousness that Campbell weaves into bizarro but humorous plots. I think these comics are better served in small doses than as a book, so I recommend for the collector and Campbell fan, not as an intro to his work.
Christian Lipski
Apr 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
Super cute in that disingenuous naive way. You can just feel the author making this stuff up as it occurs to him. And it's all entertaining.
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
And a doubley fine gigglefest was had.
Danielle Morales
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hell yeah to this book! This was the best legit comic strip book I have read since I used to read Calvin and Hobbes. So frickin' funny! :)
Retinotopy
Aug 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I read a page when I feel like it and it always makes me smile.
Tamsin Barlow
Aug 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finally found a comic book to love: truly funny, strange and inventive. Three cheers for Double Fine Action Comics!
Juniper
Debra Lowman
Jun 20, 2013
Gary
Oct 23, 2011
Scott Campbell (born December 28, 1973), known professionally as Scott C., is an American artist and production designer, known for his work for LucasArts and Double Fine Productions.

Source: Wikipedia.

For books by Scott C. authored as Scott Campbell, see his other author page.

DoubleFine Action Comics (2 books)
  • Double Fine Action Comics Vol. 2