Start by marking “Write To Sell” as Want to Read:
Write To Sell

Write To Sell

Andy Maslen presents this concise and practical guide to creating words and copy that will help you to sell. Aimed at anyone from small and large companies who needs to write sales copy, this title is packed with simple techniques that will yield instant improvements for the reader.
Published November 1st 2009 by Marshall Cavendish Corporation (first published April 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Write To Sell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Write To Sell

Cara
Dec 28, 2011 Cara rated it really liked it
If I could have custom-ordered a book on copywriting just for me, it would have been this book. It's clear and concise. It says what to do, how to do it, and why. It even has a bit of humor. I needed to get better at this quickly, and this book has given me a much-needed foundation.

Notes:
p. 23 Ask customer--what keeps you awake at 3 am?

p. 28 Fear and greed--what are your customers frightened of, and what are they greedy for?

Identify a single reader and pretend you're having a conversation with j
Adam Ashton
Mar 03, 2017 Adam Ashton rated it really liked it
Great guide to better writing. The subtitle 'the ultimate guide' is not an overstatement - there's a lot of handy tips that, if applied, will make you a far better writer. Definitely a big shift in the way I think about writing.
Amy
May 03, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: educational, other
I desperately wanted to give this 5 stars, but I found a couple points of annoyance that prevented me from doing so. As such, 4.5 if that was possible.

Firstly, I loved this book. It was easy and fun to read, and full of great advice. A lot of it seems pretty obvious, but you should never take chances with writing - sometimes writers miss the obvious.

The best part of this book was how he snuck his copywriting advice into the way the book itself was written. He thinks copy should be left-justifie
Azarine Kyla Arinta
Apr 28, 2014 Azarine Kyla Arinta rated it really liked it
I certainly like to write, that I know for sure. But to further ask what kind of writing that I like to write? I will become confuse and answer that I guess I like to write in general. Then I got an internship in which I was required to do social media campaign and write press release, articles, letters, and newsletter and a bunch of other stuffs to promote and basically scale up my office's image. That's how this book come in handy. I never learn to write anything except academic writing and ot ...more
E
Sep 04, 2009 E rated it it was amazing
Useful guide to writing great copy

Andy Maslen has produced a beautiful book on how to write well. His compact, easy- to-read guide offers plenty of useful information. Though designed for advertising copywriters, it will help anyone in business who must communicate with others in writing, that is, nearly everyone. Maslen outlines the basics of effective written communication: Employ the active voice, be brief, use short words and sentences and so on. Throughout the book, Maslen provides numerous
Narjas
Mar 22, 2014 Narjas rated it it was amazing
Succinct useful, entertaining to read. Most enjoyable CPD book I have ever read. Definitely will change the way you think about your marketing content. A brilliant brilliant gem of a book. Cannot recommend it enough to business owners I meet.
Anthony Herron
Dec 28, 2009 Anthony Herron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: copywriting
Excellent book about copywriting, would recommend to anyone in any field. You'll no doubt come across some mistakes most of us have been making.
Kiera
Oct 12, 2015 Kiera rated it it was ok
Useful tips but I found his tone of writing a bit smug.
Berni
Mar 28, 2014 Berni rated it it was amazing
Must read for today's salesperson.

Read my full review at: http://tsunamisales.wordpress.com/201...
David
David rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2013
Luis Rodela
Luis Rodela rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2014
Simone Bocedi
Simone Bocedi rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2012
Luke Spear
Luke Spear rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2015
Stefan King
Stefan King rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2016
Evan Levy
Evan Levy rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2015
Christa Huffman
Christa Huffman rated it really liked it
May 07, 2016
Sheen Reyes
Sheen Reyes rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2016
Ondrej
Ondrej rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2017
Greg
Greg rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Barrington
Barrington rated it it was ok
Sep 15, 2012
Jenny
Jenny rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2015
F. Shalri
F. Shalri rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2013
Kate
Kate rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2014
Dan
Dan rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Kate Boyce
Kate Boyce rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2016
Alan McCafferty
Alan McCafferty rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Kelita-ria
Kelita-ria rated it it was ok
Jul 29, 2012
Ed
Ed rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2014
David Abreu
David Abreu rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2013
Alistair Gill
Alistair Gill rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Adweek Copywriting Handbook: The Ultimate Guide to Writing Powerful Advertising and Marketing Copy from One of America′s Top Copywriters
  • Microstyle: The Art of Writing Little
  • Real-Time Marketing & PR: How to Instantly Engage Your Market, Connect with Customers, and Create Products That Grow Your Business Now
  • Google+ for Business: How Google's Social Network Changes Everything
  • Words that Sell
  • Brains on Fire: Igniting Powerful, Sustainable, Word of Mouth Movements
  • The Copywriter's Handbook: A Step-By-Step Guide to Writing Copy That Sells
  • The Money Book for Freelancers, Part-Timers, and the Self-Employed: The only personal finance system for people with not-so-regular jobs
  • Writing Nonfiction: Turning Thoughts Into Books
  • How to Sell Your Way Through Life
  • The Zen of Social Media Marketing: An Easier Way to Build Credibility, Generate Buzz, and Increase Revenue
  • Do More Great Work: Stop the Busywork. Start the Work That Matters.
  • The Fertility Diet
  • Make a Killing on Kindle (Without Blogging, Facebook or Twitter)
  • Hoopla: The Art of Unexpected Embroidery
  • Around the Writer's Block: Using Brain Science to Solve Writer's Resistance
  • What Do We Know
  • A Writer's Coach: An Editor's Guide to Words That Work
Andy Maslen was born in Nottingham, in the UK, home of legendary bowman Robin Hood. Andy once won a medal for archery, although he has never been locked up by the Sheriff.

He has worked in a record shop, as a barman, as a door-to-door DIY products salesman and a cook in an Italian restaurant. He eventually landed a job in marketing, writing mailshots to sell business management reports. He spent te
More about Andy Maslen...