Start by marking “To Sir Phillip, With Love: The 2nd Epilogue (Bridgertons, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
To Sir Phillip, With Love: The 2nd Epilogue (Bridgertons, #5.5)

To Sir Phillip, With Love: The 2nd Epilogue

(Bridgertons #5.5)

Published September 1st 2009 by Harper Collins (first published August 18th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about To Sir Phillip, With Love, please sign up.
MaryD The previous Epilogue IIs have been added to each one's main book at the end of the Kindle editions. I don't know why this one hasn't.

Exina
This lovely story - unusually from Ms. Quinn - is told in first person, from Amanda’s viewpoint. Amanda is 19 now, and she has become an elegant, observant, and witty young lady. Not surprising, but still heartwarming to read about how much she loves her stepmother, Eloise, and how idyllic their life is.
Amanda’s narration is smart and kindly sarcastic.
“It must be so very intriguing to be a twin. Tell me, dear Amanda, how is it different than not being one?”
I should hope that I do not have to e
willaful
I was curious about this story, since the "second epilogue" of Romancing Mr. Bridgerton seemed to also thoroughly cover To Sir Phillip, With Love; Quinn thankfully doesn't rewrite the same scene but skips ahead in time to when Amanda, Sir Phillip's daughter by his first wife, is 19.

This is a very short, conflict-free, pleasant narrative by Amanda, who describes how she came to meet her future husband. The voice is crisp and wry, with a sweetly sentimental undertone. It could possibly be enjoyed
MountainKat
How wonderful to get a look into the future! It was great to see Amanda grown up and get a glimpse into Eloise and Phillip's life too. I was surprised this wasn't included in the audio as the other second epilogues have been.
Alyce Caswell
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this, short though it was. The first person POV was a refreshing change.
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
After my let down with Romancing Mister Bridgerton, Ms Quinn does a real comeback with this book.It is Elosie's turn for love and romance. She leaves London to go meet with her pen pal; she has been writing to over the last year to see if they could be a love match, but he has twin children that Elosie didn't know about which spells disaster!! all of the supporting characters are very well done and we even get a revisit with Anthony Benedict Colin and Gregory the four Bridgerton brothers which h ...more
sparklyunikorn
4 stars

I thought I would read about Eloise's happy marriage with Sir Phillip but boy I was wrong.

The narrator is Eloise's step-daughter Amanda.

She talked about her life when she were young, of how she met with the love of her life, the life of her being grown up, her new beloved mother, her father who loved his garden to his heart's content and upon witnessing the passion and love passed between her parents.

Recommended.
Ruth
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well, that was just fourteen flavors of adorable.
Marcy
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it

ellymate
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, historical
It is very difficult to rate the Epilogues as they don't share a deeper story, but this one was written in such a funny manner, that i simply LOVED IT!

I have always wondered what happened with the twins and was happy to read part of Amanda's story! So simple and beautiful, it somehow makes me wish to get a closer look at her romance!
Gorgeous!!
Te
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 | Amanda's POV. Great to see their kids turned up well :)
Imagey
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
3.75 star
LettersFromRiya
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm glad this wasn't about Eloise and Phillip again. The bloke seems to have changed for the better, though.
Bridget
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Also cute! I love the idea of checking in on the Bridgerton's kiddos long past the time of the original story.
Brenda
Feb 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: so-plain, meh
It was okay. It's good to read about Amanda grown up.
Yuni
Apr 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Re read the whole book, not just 2nd epilogue
Laura J.
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Quick, light read

I like the idea of the H and h getting to know each other through letters. The writing was at times too cute (especially when the heroine's brothers appear) and shallow.
Melissa
Jul 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
Sweet story that suffers the way all short stories tend to do ... I wanted more. This was just a short story about Eloise's step-daughter, Amanda. Amanda is grown now, and Eloise has plans to set her up with an eligible suitor. Unlike all of the other Julia Quinn stories I have read, this one is told in 1st person, and for this story I really enjoyed it, especially hearing Amanda's thoughts about her parents' marriage and love for one another. I loved hearing her talk about how Eloise saved her ...more
Amy Johnston
Oct 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
Pam Ford
After enjoying the book so much, this epilogue left me wanting.

Told in the person of Amanda, it was a little too dry for me. I enjoyed her retelling of her step mother's first horrors by her brother and herself, but this didn't really give me so much closure as I was hoping for. Though, it is good to see how the family is doing 11 years later. Just seems a little too much happy ending and no real passion or gusto.
'maniell Dulay
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I like it. Simple, but I like it. I would have loved to meet the older Oliver, really. I'm quite sad. But Amanda is very darling anyway, to make up for it. I loved that her personality instantly came across, especially thanks to the story being told in first person. I like that she needn't be a romantic to be so affected by a man immediately, as miss Quinn's stories are often likened to (not that it's a bad thing, of course). It's simple and quite refreshing.
Elenariel
Jul 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: regency, historical
It started promising and I was left wanting.
I don't like the diary-style very much, but Amanda seems a good character, smart and ironic, and she tells in a smooth way. But then there weren't any details about her love story aside for the first encounter. I know, it's like for Posy and Hugh story, but this one sounded better and it was just starting to taste very nice when it jumped to after the marriage and to the end.
marieno
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My favourite of the second Bridgerton Epilogue. It's narrated by Amanda, Eloise daughter *stepdaughter* It's an hommage to Eloise and there is the storyline of the day where she (Amanda) met her husband.
There is a sweet moment between Amanda and her father. It had everything that I was looking for in this epilogue.
Thenia
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Delightful but short! I would have loved to read more about how the marriage came about, but it was still nice reading about grown up Amanda.

The Bridgertons were one of my first historical romance series and I loved them and appreciate the closure the author's giving us with these second epilogues.
April
Oh, I do love the Bridgerton Family! Each story is a wonderful romance with plenty of drama. A nice touch of steam to keep things naughty! Love this whole series and the epilogues!! And that Lady Whistledown is a hoot!! Such wonderfully engaging characters! Makes me wish I could be transported to that era!
Sylvain
Jun 10, 2011 rated it liked it

Those cute kids from romance novels aren't actually supposed to grow up, are they? When last we saw Amanda Crane, she was eight years old and (in her own words) a blight on the face of humanity. Now she's grown up, remarkably well-adjusted, and ready to fall in love. All she needs is the right gentleman...

Alix
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this epilogue! I think it's my favourite so far! Which surprises me since I wasn't a huge fan of the book. But Amanda's voice was terrific and I loved everything about the story. I want more Amanda now!
Grace
Apr 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. I think this was my favorite of the epilogues, which is a little strange since this is one of my least favorites of the books. But I loooooved Amanda, and I loved the scene between Amanada and Sir Phillip. Really, really enjoyable.
Lori McD
In this delightful Epilogue II, we learn that Amanda, Sir Phillip's daughter from his 1st marriage, finds her own true love... and how her step-mother, Eloise, managed to find a suitable match for her daughter without a Season in Town.
Anna D.
Oct 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hr
Cute, but I was left wanting MORE!! This story is one of the better Epilogues, but I wish it wasn’t so short especially when we don’t see any more of Amanda & Charles' story beyond their first meeting. I did love the tender moment between Amanda and Sir Phillip.
Melody Black
Mar 03, 2016 rated it liked it
It was cute and I liked that it was based when Eloise and Phillip's daughter was older and you can get a look back and a different perspective of what their marriage looks like down the road from the original book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Where's My Hero? (The Gamblers of Craven's #2.5; Brotherhood - MacAllister's, #4.5; Splendid, #3.5)
  • With This Kiss: Part One
  • Clever John (Maiden Lane, #2.5)
  • Meet Me at Midnight (With This Ring, #2)
  • The Perfect Lover (Cynster, #10)
  • Something Scandalous (The Spinster Club, #3)
  • Desperate Measures
  • Christmas Beau
  • Our Wicked Mistake (Notorious Bachelors, #2)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and in 2001 she did so in grand style, competing on the the game show The Weakest Link and walking away with the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British an ...more

Bridgertons (8 books)
  • The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1)
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
  • An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
  • To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5)
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons, #7)
  • On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8)
“I can’t help but think that if she was going to kill herself, she might as well have done it earlier. Perhaps when I was a toddler. Or better yet, an infant. It certainly would have made my life easier. I asked my uncle Hugh (who is not really my uncle, but he is married to the stepsister of my current mother’s brother’s wife and he lives quite closeand he’s a vicar) if I would be going to hell for such a thought. He said no, that frankly, it made a lot of sense to him. I do think I prefer his parish to my own.” 4 likes