Start by marking “Marriage Most Scandalous” as Want to Read:
Marriage Most Scandalous

Marriage Most Scandalous

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  5,758 Ratings  ·  219 Reviews
Passion...Intrigue...Scandal...Some marriages have it all

Lady Margaret Landor first met Sebastian Townshend as a child. Tall, dashing and handsome, he cut a romantic figure, and she never dreamt that one day she would be living at his family's magnificent estate with his father, the Earl of Edgewood, as her guardian. But by this time, Sebastian has been banished after a du
Paperback
Published February 1st 2006 by Corgi (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Marriage Most Scandalous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marriage Most Scandalous

Robin (Bridge Four)
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sexy
2.5 I might be at the end of my binge Stars

I occasionally go on a romance run and binge read romance novels back to back until they start to seem silly and tedious…I think I’m there. It isn’t necessarily that this is a bad Historical Romance….but it isn’t a great one either. I LONG for a really good HR story where both the romance and the plot line up and are both good. For me this had a decent plot that I liked the revelation of at the end and the romance had moments but that was about it. Most
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
When I heard about Marriage Most Scandalous was about I was intrigued. The hero was described as a mercenary which made my ears perk up. I love dangerous romance heroes. What can I say? I was tempted, despite my limited financial funds to buy the book when it came out (from Walmart at a considerable discount), but since money wasn't good I elected to wait. And lo and behold, my patience was rewarded when I found it at the library. I finished the book in 2 days (because I saw three movies also in ...more
Somona
Mar 17, 2010 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to Somona by: No one to blame but myself
HÜLYA
Apr 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Güzeldi ama bir şey eksik idi.Belki de ben uygun değildim...Konusu güzeldi ama ikili arasındaki aşk yüzeysel gibi geldi. Kurgu çok daha iyi olabilirdi. Bunlara ragmen yazarı okumayı özlemişim..
Sandra Dagg
Apr 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book last night, and would have given it five stars except that I thought the ending was a bit rushed. It's not that I thought the author didn't know how to finish the book, but more that she'd been given a set number of pages to complete the novel, and had run out of room. If that is the case, then I think that sucks, because it was a great story, and I had no clue what was going to happen, so was totally surprised with the ending. As to modern words and phrases, there may have ...more
Talia
Mar 13, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn’t like this book. As a rule, the only romance author I read is Amanda Quick. I like her settings and her characters always make me laugh.

But, at some point in life, I picked up this book – probably at an airport or something. After reading it, I’m reminded why I made my Amanda Quick rule.

This book was flimsy. Predictable, clichéd, far-fetched … these are just a few words that come to mind when trying to describe it.

Two things that really bothered me were the author using colloquial slang
Trins
Jun 25, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Erin
Even though this wasn't Johanna at her best, I still really liked 'Marriage most Scandalous'. It was still a fun read-and I must say, since I haven't read a Johanna Lindsey book in a while, it was really nice to read her again. Like a homecoming really.
Omaira
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Una historia muy previsible en lo relativo al romance, pero que engancha por la química entre los protagonistas y por una investigación que es más interesante de lo que parece en un principio".

Reseña completa: http://entrelalecturayelcine.blogspot...
Brittany
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having been banished by his father after the duel that left his best friend dead, Sebastian Townshend vowed to never return to England. After living for eleven years as the deadly mercenary, The Raven, Sebastian is shocked when his former neighbor, Lady Margaret Landor arrives at his doorstep, looking to hire him. She in turn receives a shock, when The Raven turns out to be the man she was looking to hire him to find.

At home, Sebastian’s father has had several accidents and, suspecting foul pla
  • The Taste of Innocence (Cynster, #14)
  • The Scottish Bride (Brides, #6)
  • Kissed by Shadows (Kiss, #3)
  • Affair
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Prince Charming
  • The Barefoot Princess (Lost Princesses, #2)
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom
More about Johanna Lindsey...
“Aman Tanrım! Ona ne kadar benziyor, ne acayip bir şey.Lord Wemyss'in bir oğlu daha olduğunu bilmiyordum."
"Yok zaten."
"Fakat inanılmaz bir benzerlik var aralarında."
"Bu benzerlik değil."
"Ama-" diyen John artık ne düşüneceğini bilemiyordu. "Ben hayaletlere inanmam," diyebildi sadece.
"Bende inanmam."
"Sen onu öldürmüştün."
"Evet, kendine geldiğinde tekrar öldüreceğim."
John da çok sinirlenmişti. "Sana memnuniyetle yardım ederim.”
1 likes