Start by marking “Seduced by a Rogue (Galloway Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Seduced by a Rogue (Galloway Trilogy, #2)

Seduced by a Rogue

(Galloway Trilogy #2)

A fair-haired beauty at 19, Lady Mairi is heiress apparent to her father Lord Dunwythie's rich barony. He has carefully taught her how to manage their estates, but a feud between his clan and the Maxwell clan is brewing as the two families edge toward a clan war - their dispute over money owed. Mairi's father believes he owes nothing, and of course Mairi sides with him.

Whe
Mass Market Paperback, 361 pages
Published January 1st 2010 by Forever (first published December 12th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Seduced by a Rogue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seduced by a Rogue

Christy Stewart
Dec 18, 2009 rated it it was ok
I love Amanda Scott, she is delightful and very sweet as a person, but I cannot get into her books. She is too history heavy in her books and that just isn't for me. If you enjoy educational romance, go for it, you'll love this and all her other work.

I wouldn't mind history books to be more sexual (Columbus sailed the seven seas, and then took his shirt off and was, like, totally ripped) but I don't want my romance novels to be more educational and high brow. I want either engaging character dri
Lucy
Jul 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It has been quite a while since I read a Scottish Highlander book, so was a little unsure of how I would feel about the high handed ways usually apparent in the heroes.  I shouldn't have worried.  Robert Maxwell, our hero, has been sent to Dunwythie by his brother Alex, the Sheriff of Dumfries, to order the laird Dunwythie to turn over collected taxes, with fees, to the Sheriff, instead of straight to the crown as they had done for centuries.  As the laird had ignored all previous requests to do ...more
Napakaangas Icaro
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
amazing
Beth
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this stroy. Mari and Robert's.
Lover of Romance
Robert Maxwell, on errand for his brother comes to Lord Dunwythie to try to convince him to submit to the sheriff's demands, who happens to be very powerful as well as his older brother, whom he owes his allegience to. On his way however, he comes across Mairi, and young woman that captivates him like no other woman has. Mairi, daughter of Lord Dunwythie, and the one to inherit, unless her father bears a son, which he has yet to do. Mairi learning how to run his estates, however feels like she i ...more
Ellen Christian
Jan 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
As a girl with Scottish roots, I was instantly drawn to this historical romance by Amanda Scott. I love the way the Scottish language sounds and this book is full of "lasses" and "dinna kens". Seduced by a Rogue takes place in Scotland during the late 1300s during the time when Clan Maxwell was trying to gain control over southwest Scotland.

Mairi and Rob are caught on two different sides of the clan wars and sparks ignite as they fight the attraction between them. Rob kidnaps Mairi to try to con
Alexandrea
May 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
First I must say - the book was very very misnamed. I enjoyed it but even at the end of the book, I was still bothered by its title. The main character was not a rogue, nobody was seduced, and I don't know why it was published with the name.
I wont go into a lot of detail - I liked the main characters, there was the minimal amount of sex in this historical novel. I admit I tend to like a bit more, and if you enjoy a stories with a bit more in that department you might be disappointed, but I reall
Leslie
Dec 19, 2009 rated it liked it
A
Jan 10, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
I won myself an advanced copy of this and after struggling through reading it I've come for my review!
I found the historical facts intriguing but they took away from the immersion in the story every time I had to roll back to the beginning of the book to figure out if I was pronouncing something correctly. The dialogue seemed stilted and not at all natural and flowing. The descriptions of surroundings and landscapes were lovely, but not necessary. Up until the half way point I struggled the most
Andrea
Jan 04, 2010 rated it it was ok
I won this on firstreads and I wish I could say that I enjoyed it more. The plot didn't flow, I didn't care about the characters, and (this is shocking for me to say because I'm a historian) it was just trying to hard to be "real" rather than a good read. I understand the characters are Scottish, for example, but is it necessary to include a glossary of pronunciation/vocabulary" at the front of the book with definitions? Or to make the characters "speak" with an accent? Normally I can fly throug ...more
Alana
Dec 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, 2009
a very good historical romance. i was expecting the book to be of the smutty variety, but it was more historical. (which was my misconception or the author's writing style). that being said i quite enjoyed it, being a history major in college, there was a lot of attention to historic detail. the description on the tides and the importance of timing for a save journey on the firth.
as for the characters, i was almost more interested in the antics of gib and tibbie rather than mairi and rob. over
Gaby
Jan 21, 2010 rated it liked it

Another fun highlander romance, Seduced by a Rogue gives us family intrigue, a strong and honorable heroine, a misguided and handsome romantic lead. As Rob Maxwell tries to balance his clan obligations with his sense of honor, the story takes an interesting turn.

Seduced by a Rogue is a fun, quick read. Amanda Scott works her romance magic yet again.

ISBN-10: 0446541346 - Mass Market paperback $6.99
Publisher: Forever (January 1, 2010), 400 pages.
Review copy provided by the publisher.
Reaganstar
Mar 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was an excellent historical romance, that I didn't want to put down. I read through this book one afternoon, unable to put it down. I love the story that blossoms between Rob and Mairi. A wonderful sensual story filled with pure happiness. I am very much looking forward to her next novel as well.
Pam
Mar 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
I usually like Amanda Scott's books. However, this book was not that good. She gave page after page of description and historical/political views. The love story ...if you could call it that...fell flat. The story to me had more tension between Rob and his brother Alex than Rob(H) and Mairi (h).
Elaine
Jun 23, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Could not finish. At 22% I looked over the ratings and decided to read a different book. Rated this just to remind myself not to pick it up again. There are just too many books to suffer through this one.
Mariag
Dec 18, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: firstreads
I won this book from goodreads giveaway. I enjoyed the book and thought Amanda Scott did a wonderful describing 14th century Scotland. The characters were well developed and I liked Mairi and Robert. The story was good but not outstanding. Overall a good book but not great.
Vivisection
Mar 29, 2010 rated it it was ok
It wasn't horrible and managed to erase the horror of the last bodice ripper that I read. Still, I was more concerned with the kitten, Tiggie, than either of the characters. I don't care that they lived happily ever after, I want an ending for Tiggie.
Jennifer Rayment
Aug 18, 2010 rated it liked it
Good book but I expected more seduction by the rogue, who really wasn't much of a rogue -- should have come up with a more appropriate title
Great beach light read -- realistic couple
Suzanne
Feb 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
Seduced By A Rouge reads more like a fictional novel than a romance. As a fictional, it's a good overall read. But if you are reading it as a romance it falls short.
Heather Domin
[to be reviewed for HNS May 2010:]
LInda L
Mar 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
Great Scottish romance, with a lot of history thrown in. Interesting story, with the heroine being abducted by the hero, etc etc. If you like the genre, you'll like it.
Rane
Mar 06, 2010 rated it did not like it
Swimming through way to much historical information, that just drowned the rest of the story sadly. I could just not get into it at all, and started to skimming to just get to the end....
Barbee
Jan 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it...enough said:)
Margaret
Dec 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Amanda Scott always keeps you reading. Never a disappointment.
Haylie
Dec 22, 2010 rated it liked it
it was good...not the best book ive ever read but it was still good.
Louisa
Jun 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good book, but the MMMC annoyed me for his non-femmininish? ways and how she appoligized? for trying to escape her kidnappers. But they had a good relatinoship otherwise, and I liked it.
Lesley
Jan 24, 2010 marked it as quit
I tried, but just couldn't finish this book. Boring, slow, and the romance felt forced.
Tara
Apr 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013
like all the Amanda Scott books I have read, they are full of history, and she weaves a wonderful story through that history. This book was no different.
Terri Hart
Jan 06, 2012
Melody L Schmitt
Nov 11, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• King of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #3)
  • Must Love Kilts (Highlander, #5)
  • Lord of the Highlands (Highlands, #4)
  • The Mammoth Book of Scottish Romance
  • Only for a Knight (MacKenzie, #3)
  • Redeemed (The MacKays #2)
  • To Love a Scottish Lord (The Highland Lords, #4)
  • Immortal of My Heart (Immortal Series, #2)
  • Highlander Unbound (Lockhart Family, #1)
  • Highlander Claimed (Clan Mackenzie, #1)
  • Highland Fling (Highland Dream, #2)
  • The Rebel (Highlander Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Highland Barbarian (Highlander, #1)
Amanda Scott, USA Today Bestselling Author and winner of Romance Writers of America’s RITA/Golden Medallion (LORD ABBERLEY'S NEMESIS) and Romantic Times’ Awards for Best Regency Author and Best Sensual Regency (RAVENWOOD'S LADY), Lifetime Achievement (2007) and Best Scottish Historical (BORDER MOONLIGHT, 2008), began writing on a dare from her husband. She has sold every manuscript she has written ...more

Galloway Trilogy (3 books)
  • Tamed by a Laird (Galloway Trilogy, #1)
  • Tempted by a Warrior (Galloway Trilogy, #3)