Start by marking “One in a Million: Journey to Your Promised Land” as Want to Read:
One in a Million: Journey to Your Promised Land

One in a Million: Journey to Your Promised Land

The Egyptians in Exodus 1 were intent on enslaving the Israelites, wearing them down so that God’s chosen people would become disillusioned and not live up to their destiny. Of the original two million Israelites who received God’s invitation to enter the Promised Land, only two actually entered it!

Similarly, modern day Christians often hear and understand the promises of
Published March 1st 2010 by B Books (first published January 1st 2009)

Start your review of One in a Million: Journey to Your Promised Land
Ibelisse Sanchez
Oct 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Has something that you needed but did not ask for drop into your lap unexpectedly? This happened to me with Priscilla Shirer’s new book, One in a Million: Journey to Your Promised Land. It is without a doubt one of those books that touches your inner fibers so profoundly that you will consider it a landmark in your spiritual journey. The kind that gives you goose bumps when you are reading it because you think it was written especially for you.

Shirer uses the biblical narrative of Exodus 1 to
Larisha
Mar 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do you want to be challenged to move out of your comfort zone and into deeper intimacy with God? Then this book is for you.

The title, One in a Million, refers to the fact that out of approximately
Tara Davis
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic bible study! Very encouraging. I love Priscilla’s energy and the way she connects her stories to the point of the study.
Christi
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you're in a difficult or dry season of your life, this is a must read. I did what I never do and picked a book by its cover, and it was obviously God leading me to it. God used this book so much in my life and it has been the biggest encouragement in this season of life!!
Lungile
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am making it through

It's time to be courageous and stand boldly on God's word and promises for your life. Although a tough beginning, the more I got into the book the more encouraged I became.
Aimee
Feb 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Priscilla is a very talented and relateable writer. She gave me fresh perspective on the exodus of the Israelites out of Egypt and challenged me to move out of my personal 'egypts' into my promised land. This is one of the most balance and real books that I have read on what it looks like to live in the promised land with lots of practical application. Priscilla makes scripture come alive!
Charisse Tyson
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Priscilla did a great job of encouraging Christians to come up higher and enjoy a Christ filled life despite any adversities the devil throws our way to rob us of our joy and peace. If you'd like to step into the best God has to offer this book will be encouraging to you.
Bess
Aug 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
This study was not ok. I found it redundant, saying the same thing repeatedly.
Joy
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
faithful
Sep 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual-growth
.. like my pastor says "if you cannot say amen, say ouch".

The content of this book is dynamic, matches up with the Word, and is an exhortation to move deeper into a relationship with God.
Diane
Sep 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: bookclub, nonfiction
3.5 stars. I enjoyed the book but enjoyed the workbook & video much more.
Anita Sellers
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would recommend this book. I give it six out of five stars.

The explanation on the back cover of the paperback book says it all.

When you meet someone who lives, eats, and breathes Christian faith, you want what they've got more than anything-their seamless intimacy with God, their prayer power, their spiritual stamina, their passionate sense of expectation, the kind that doesn't shrink into despair at the first sign of setback.

But how badly do you want it? Enough to toss anything from your life
Mary
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this book over a long period of time, thinking about all the nuggets of wisdom throughout. Each time I picked it up, so many had happened in my life that the application of the principles Priscilla discusses seemed to speak into the very experiences I was having. This is definitely a MUST-READ no matter where you are in your life but it is especially relevant if you are going through or considering any type of transition. She uses the journey of the Israelites through the wilderness to ...more
Polly
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this along with our Bible study group as a bookclub-style discussion rather than as a weekly study. We loved it and unanimously agreed when we finished we felt the urge to go through it again with Bibles open and pens ready to take notes. One in a Million refers to being two of the original two-million Israelites who entered the Promised Land 40 years after the Exodus. Priscilla draws unique and creative insights that make relevant correlations to our modern lives. As a writer, Priscilla ...more
Sarah Rossetter, MD
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Priscilla Shirer books are always a good bet when you are looking for something to read that will challenge you and help your faith to grow, and this one was no exception. One in a Million provides fresh insights into the Exodus and lessons from it that can be applied to daily life today. I enjoyed the author's Biblical knowledge and felt encouraged by this work.
Cassandra Johnson
I am One In A Million

This book was life changing for me. I no longer want to be in an oasis of complacency. I want to experience God and His presence and His promise. I just want to trust him in every situation. Priscilla has a way of explaining God’s word that even children understand and relate. Our small group really enjoyed reading this book.
Nancy Holte
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-living
What it takes to be one in a million. This book is based on the story in Exodus of Joshua and Caleb who were the only two jews-out of the two million that escaped slavery in Egypt-to enter the Promised Land.
Michelle
I enjoyed this audiobook enough that I went and requested a print copy from the local library so I can get some quotes from it that I wanted to remember. :) Worth a listen (or read). If you are wanting to experience God more in your everyday life, this book may help.
Shelly Rios Petrelli
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reminders are always good :) on the path through the wilderness the obstacles you encounter along the way and the reminder that God is always with you. You just need to trust in God with all your heart.
Crystal Lawrence
A Must Read! As with every Priscilla Shirer study I have done, I learned so much and went so much deeper in my faith. I love when Bible stories you have heard over and over show you so many new things about God and our relationship with Him.
Elizabeth Johnson, RPh
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So Good, I am reading it again! Amen!
Carolyn Dale Newell
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mary Havens
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think I've done this study twice and got so much both times. Love Shirer's work!
Misty Maki
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I felt like it was written just for me. Very timely.
Julie
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book about seeking God and not wondering around in the wilderness.
Jack Charles Smith
Excellent advise and encouragement

Once again an excellent book to read and gather knowledge and understanding. I have enjoyed all of Priscilla's books. I recommend!
Kimberly
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
My only issues with this book is the variation in Bible versions. Otherwise, very conversationally written, easy to follow/understand, and a lot of really good information!
Amber
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book if you're going through a rough time in your life. It really helped me put things into perspective.
Mandy J. Hoffman
Jun 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-reviews
MY REVIEW:

Would you like to be a "one-in-a-million" kind of person? Do you want to experience God in a deeper way?

Priscilla Shirer takes a look at what it means to eat, live, and breath the Christian walk. I appreciated her honest approach and vulnerability which meets you right where you are as you read. While I can not say that I agree with everything she said, I did appreciate much of her perspective and sharing of Scripture. My favorite part was the last chapter where Priscilla shared 7 very
Kim Justice
Nov 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: reviewed
Oh My, Oh My... A very deep in the word and by the time you are thru this out standing Bible Study you will be CHANGED!

The ladies at the church in which I attend, Wing Of Faith Fellowship in Florida, had the awesome chance to study along with the amazing Author and Bible Teacher, Priscilla Shirer. Let me tell you ladies if you ever get the chance to do one or any of this Sweet, God Loving, Ladies Bible Teacher... Make Sure You Do! You will not be disappointed at all.

To read more of my review:
« previous 1 3 next »

• Get Out of That Pit!: Straight Talk about God's Deliverance
  • Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl
  • So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us
  • What Happens When Women Say Yes to God: Experiencing Life in Extraordinary Ways
  • It's Not Supposed to Be This Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered
  • In the Middle of the Mess: Strength for This Beautiful, Broken Life
  • The Sacred Romance Drawing Closer To The Heart Of God
  • Undaunted: Daring to do what God calls you to do
  • Believing God
  • Marshmallows for Breakfast
“Living in freedom means learning how to walk again—learning how to walk God’s way for a change—because, listen, you can be 100 percent saved and still spend the majority of your time in Egypt. Unbelievers aren’t the only ones who contribute to Egypt’s overcrowding.” 2 likes
“The taste of manna "was like wafers with honey" (Exod. 16:31, Num. 11:7)... It was indeed the "bread of heaven" (Ps. 78:24)... Just bcause the sharp, strong bite of their beloved Egyptian foods had become preferred tastes of choice in their mouths did not mean that nothing else had the power to satisfy them. In fact, God likely created the moist, sweet manna to serve as a marked contrast to their monster-breath favorites, those fire-breathing flavors that had so long grown delectable to palates poisoned by Egypt's influence. The purity of God's nightly manna against the harsh, high-heat quality of onions and garlic was not merely an ongoing gift of nourishment, but also the beginning of a long process to wean the Hebrews from their loves. It was a clear change of taste.
While the enemy works overtime to keep us addicted to past likes, God relentlessly shapes us through wise amounts of blessing and correction to make us want what's really good for us, till we can truly "taste and see that the LORD is good (Ps. 34:8). He refuses to offer us anything that would excite our prior obsessions, knowing that if we are ever to start living like free men and women, we need to start eating like it.”
1 likes