Start by marking “Welcome To Advertising! Now, Get Lost” as Want to Read:
Welcome To Advertising! Now, Get Lost

Welcome To Advertising! Now, Get Lost

A 24-year-old who has spent not more than a few weeks in advertising, sums up the profession, its pracititioners and their practices in a hilarious send-up of human nature and human pomposity. Richly illustrated in pop art, and littered with absurd situations - which the author assures us are completely true - Welcome to Advertising! Now, Get Lost has prompted at least one ...more
228 pages
Published 2009

To ask other readers questions about Welcome To Advertising! Now, Get Lost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome To Advertising! Now, Get Lost

Rajitha
Apr 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
a very entertaining take on advertising. made me wonder at quite a few places if the whole industry operates on beer and pizzas and occasional/wishful onsite.
Uzma Akhtar allahditta
Absolutely hilarious.... One empathizes entirely, in a fun way!
Jaideep
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely hilarious account of what happens inside the confines of an ad agency...and most of it is true.
Shivam S
Mar 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
‘Welcome to advertising. Now get lost!’ by Omkar Sane - review by Shruti Gandha, on HappyReading Blog

It’s said that for an advertising professional, life isn’t complete until and unless you have read and re-read every single word of the bible of advertising- ‘Ogilvy on Advertising’. It’s true, for I am yet to meet anyone who doesn’t abide by this book. So when I came across ‘welcome to advertising. now get lost’ it seemed a refreshing change from the age-old Ogilvy ke advertising nuske.

And well,
Yamini Chandra
Sep 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
If you're into advertising, this book will make you laugh, if not, you'll wonder how a whole industry operates on beer and pizzas. It's funny, cynical and sharp-witted! A great read! I think it surely missed out on some vital chapters like- the interview and salary negotiation bit as also the increments! But for the latter, Omkar would've had to atleast survive for a year in Advertising... think he's not much of a beer-drinker, pizza-tucker!
Camille McCarthy
Jun 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Definitely not literature, but it was ok. Very silly, and some pretty good jokes. I know nothing about advertising but after reading this book I understand a bit of it and that was helpful. I also saw the funnier side of advertising and it definitely changed my view on it. A quick and funny read, to anyone interested in advertising.
Huda
Nov 15, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-i-own
its my husbands book:) but i started reading it since it was book of the month for one of the book club really interesting thou am not in advertising from any point of view but still it was fun to read and what i call a "easy read"
Jasleen Chopra
Can skip, but isn't bad to kill time.... Especially if you empathise or have borne the perils of a creative job.
Shriya Bisht
very relatable to the advertising world.Witty
Avni Rao
Oct 09, 2013 rated it liked it
What do I say
Ritu Agarwal
Mar 08, 2014 rated it liked it
I kept thinking 'Yes, this is exactly what happens' through each and every chapter.
Yashna Hoimy
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
A book that actually made me giggle. People who are remotely connected to advertising will find this book very entertaining and to a great extent, relatable.
Priya
Jan 07, 2016 rated it liked it
its fun to read but it can really tickle ur nervesn only if u r sumhow related to add field
Omkar Sane
Apr 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
a worm's eye view of advertising.
Vaarun Dhingra
Nov 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
absolutely loved this book, hilarious and easy read.
Abhinandan
Sep 29, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: india
A humourous take on the mad-house we call the ad agency. Indulge in it. There are plenty of laughs along the way.
Anant Singh
Jul 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Best short book I have ever read , this guy spent some days in this advertising world and written everything about this industry... The good part the ugly part everything ....

very lite book ...
Nupur Kulkarni
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You can't not read this one!!! :D AND THEN YOU CAN'T KEEP IT DOWN!
The Tewathias' Library