Start by marking “Do You Come Here Often?” as Want to Read:
Do You Come Here Often?

Do You Come Here Often?

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  1,801 Ratings  ·  107 Reviews
See the happy bride-to-be!Grace Fairley lives in South West London with her fiance, Spencer, a divorce lawyer. They've been engaged for two years and still haven't set a date, a fact that has started to irk Grace no end. In fact, things just haven't been feeling right at all lately, and aren't they supposed to when you're with Mr. Right? Then Spencer goes and makes a fool ...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Hodder & Stoughton (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Do You Come Here Often?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do You Come Here Often?

Kaya Dimitrova
Just... no.
Fabulous Book Fiend
Having read all of Alexandra Potter’s novels, I can confidently say that this is my favourite! I laughed, I cried, I saw shades of my won love life in her writing-in short, I loved it! And above all, I feel sure that anyone who has even the slightest romantic inclination within them will love it too!

The story centres around characters Grace and Jimi who have known each other since their schooldays. But also features their friends Rhian and Clive, and Grace’s work colleague Maggie. Amongst this h
Krasimira
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25
Norah Una Sumner
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: chick lit lovers
Yes,I gave this book 5 stars.You know why? Because I freaking cried.
This has to be one of the best chick-lits I've read this year.Funny,emotional,romantic,real.I love that there are more POVs in this one,it's very refreshing.Alexandra's writing is excellent and the characters are very likable and well written.It's a story about different,everyday people with different problems and struggles and how they deal with them.Beautiful.

Things I really liked:
1.) Rhian is such a magnificent character.She'
Alexandra
Apr 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
It's a sweet, hopelessly romantic story that makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside, but that's just the problem; you know the kinds of things depicted here are too hopelessly romantic to happen in real life. Destiny and fate and second chances and finding the right person years after... it's all things I like to believe in but also probably only happen in a one in a million chance. It's fluffy and a nice read but that's about it. I guess sometimes my problem with stories like this is how convenien ...more
Plum-crazy
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I found it hard to believe that I had somehow missed reading this book when it first came out.....& once I was a few pages in & Jimi Malik's name appeared I realised, yes, I had already read it!

Still Alexandra Potter's books are always fun & even though this was second time round it was still an entertaining read. As well as the will-they-won't-they aspect of Grace & Jimi's relationship, there's Grace's best friend Rhian, a single mum also on the look-out for her own Mr Right....
Mrs. Midnight Reader
В крайна сметка ще дам 4 звезди на книгата, защото в последните 100 страници се смях и плаках, преживявах написаното все едно се случваше на мен и в душата ми нещо потръпна! Да, смешно или не, така ми действат някои чиклит романи! В последните 100 страници познах и стила на авторката, който ме спечели за нейн фен преди години с "Внимавай какво си пожелаваш". И все пак голяма част от книгата е била писана под някакво въздействие, което причинява отегчаващи и пространни описания, бавно развитие на ...more
Chocolaa
Jan 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
هممممممممممممممممممممممم...هالكتاب علمني نقطة مهمة جداً

الكتاب المناسب للوقت المناسب

كتاب مثل هذا ...خفيف...لطيف...يصلح للأوقات الصعبة...للأوقات المليانة توتر وحزن

يعني بالضبط ... بالضبط...الكتاب الأبيض لليوم الأسود

فكرة الكتاب...على الرغم من كونها غارقة في الرومانسية والصدف الي ما تصير إلا في السينما إلا إنها واقعية جداً

أولاً...الرجل إذا أحب امرأة راح يبذل المستحيل عشانها وراح يحرص على إنجاح العلاقة بينهم

ثانياً...لا مهرب من النصيب ...نصيبك يصيبك

أحياناً...في زحمة الحياة ...ننسى إن كل شي نصيب...ونس
Angela
Mar 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-that-i-own

One of my favorites

This book can make you believe:
Fate
Destiny
Love at first sight
Opposite attract each other
And sooo much more.

This book makes me want to wait and let things unfold by itself. :) I like it even after 13 years they still end up with each other.

True love always Wait.

Mikha ϟ
Jun 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
When you read this book, you wont believe in DESTINY. It makes you want to believe in SERENDIPITY. :)
Emily

HEA: (view spoiler)
Pamela
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
This book started out really slow—like, really slow. I tried to be patient, but with three—or should I say 4? —couples being introduced, it naturally took a long time to get through them all.

This is my first time reading a book like this, so I was super annoyed that there were too many POVs. However, I learned to appreciate it towards the end because I was able to see everyone’s feelings and thoughts first hand.

The stories itself were grand. They were all so sweet and really fun to read about. I
Naomi Nair
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Grace Fairley hated Jimi Malik all through high school. But when they were brought together one night under bizarre circumstances, Grace couldn't help fall in love with him, only to get her heart broken into tiny million pieces. But that was 13 years ago and Grace has moved on and is engaged to Spencer, a famous divorce lawyer and her "Mr. Right". But the thing is, they have been engaged for over 2 years and still haven't gotten around to setting a date for the wedding. And lately, Grace has bee ...more
Dana Sobh
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some of My Favorite Quotes:

"He reminds me of home, my childhood. It's a bit like finding an old teddy bear I'd had as a kid."

"It was like listening to an old record and discovering that you still knew all the words."

"Spontaneity might be attractive, but it's lethal."

"What if he's out there looking for you right this minute but he's lost your address, or can't read a map, or he's taken a wrong turning? What if he can't find you?"

"But what good are hundreds of women, when I only want one?"

"He fit
Rossy Marinova
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I came across this book accidentally.One Saturday morning I bought a summer issue of Cosmo magazine, the book was a gift with it and I meant to read it by the pool.
I was suprised at how funny and enjoyable this book was and could not put it down.
I liked the story of the main character Grace who was comming out of a relationship and she was learning to live by herself again.
She was able to find the path and continue the trip of her life.
The book showed the funny moments which follow our every day
Joanna Soriano
At first I found it boring. Maybe because of the words and how I don't appreciate the writer's style of describing the scenario or the people in it rather than adding more chatting of characters. But As the story unfolds, I came to like it. i came to appreciate the story more. It's about, you know, finding your love. The right person for you. It actually teaches the readers to celebrate being a single rather than staying with the wrong person. Love will always find its way. It makes me want to w ...more
Angela
May 07, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I don't know if I can say I "read" this book because I couldn't get through it . . . interesting premise and funny writing (who doesn't wonder what happened to their fist love and what would happen if they met up again??), but it's a modern British author so there is A LOT of profanity and sexual language everywhere, too much to ignore or skip past. Especially the f-word which is the hardest for me ignore. So, sorry, but this is NOT a book I would recommend at all!
Violet Prior
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I truly adored this book, its such an amazing story. Its funny, romantic, cheesy in a nice way, and its just so fun to read. Its one of my favorite books for Alexandra Potter. In this book, you get to see what each character is thinking as you get to read the story in different point of views. Everything is amazing in the story, except for the ending. The ending could have been better, I was dissapointed with the ending. If the ending was better, this story would have gotten a five star rate.
Yvonne
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the 3rd Alexandra Potter books I've read & I enjoyed it tremendously. It's romantic how the radio station played a huge part throughout the entire story. I'm moving on to next Alexandra's book!
Marie80
Крајот воопшто не ми се допадна...останаа многу работи недоречени, па ти ајде замисли си што ќе се случи со Грејс.Некако не ми остави голем впечаток, за чудо, бидејќи досега сите романи што ги имам читано од Александра Потер ми се допаднаа.Се прашувам дали воопшто требаше да ја читам?....
Rebecca
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Definitely one for hopeless romantics. I enjoyed this book more than the other Potter book I've read and found it so easy to read.
Kezza22
Jul 21, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010-reads
Comical chick lit read which was easy to puck up and put down... Just felt the ending could have been better with explaining what happened next... Worth a read!
Kat
this is a Re-read because its been a while since i read this book and i do like the author

so i will put a review up soon
Brixie Deamoor
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5*
Jane
Jul 21, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book made me happy.
Eda
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5stars

It took me a while to get into and I really enjoyed it once I did. I thought the characters were likable and there were some very funny moments but the last 50 pages or is the reason for my 3.5 stars. I thought the ending was trying too hard to fit into a rom-com recipe when it could have been done in a more unique and fun way. There were many unbelievable elements to the ending as well but all in all still a good chick-lit.
Joleen Scott
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy this book. I love the way it's written, the characters, the funny, sad, exciting, nail-biting moments. This is my first rom-com, and my first Alexandra Potter, and I can't wait for more.
Veselina Bakalova-Mihaylovska
Пълно клише и някак си на георите им подхождаше да са на по 20+, а не на по 30+ години, но въпреки всичко ми подейства добре след предишната прочетена. Подходящо четиво за плажа.
AnnMarie Lacey
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant!

Beautifully written, very romantic storyline and wonderful characters! I couldn't put this book down! Now to order the other titles!
Olivera Pjescic
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all books of Alexandra Potter. Books are filled with funny caracters and beautifull love stories. When I start to read her books I can't stop until I finish it.
Rhian and Clive. 4 18 Jul 10, 2012 05:49PM
  • My Single Friend
  • Confessions of a Serial Dater
  • A Hollywood Ending
  • Rescuing Rose
Alexandra Potter is the best-selling author of ELEVEN novels that can be described as romantic comedies with a magical twist. Born in England, she has lived in London, Sydney, Australia and New York and LA, and can currently be found clocking up too many air miles travelling the globe researching ideas for her new book...
instagram: alexpotterbooks
More about Alexandra Potter

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Four Swans: A Novel of Cornwall, 1795-1797 (Poldark)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Choice
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Silver Linings Playbook
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“...when you decide you want to be with someone forever, you want forever to start right now.” 216 likes
“When men see an attractive woman, they fantasize about sex. When women see an attractive man they fantasize about a relationship.” 43 likes