Start by marking “Special Forces: Gay Military Erotica” as Want to Read:
Special Forces: Gay Military Erotica

Special Forces: Gay Military Erotica

Wherever a man slides into his BDU's and shoulders an M16, there's another man looking to take both off him -- and people who want to read about it. These sexually charged stories show military men in every branch of the service getting down. Special Forces is set in the heat of battle, public or private, where fear, urgency, and uncertainty lead to unexpected intimacy and ...more
Published October 1st 2009 by Cleis Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Special Forces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special Forces

Start your review of Special Forces: Gay Military Erotica
Marquesate
Mar 09, 2010 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
"Friendly Fire" is a 6K short story by Marquesate, set in the current war in Afghanistan.

British Sergeant Major Phil Mason, and American Gunnery Sergeant Jon Rivera, take part in friendly fire, only to encounter enemy fire, which forces them to work together to survive in the Afghan mountains. These two soldiers are alpha men, fuelled by aggression that finds an outlet in more than fighting.

"Friendly Fire" is part of this anthology. I can't personally recommend the whole anthology, which is a s
Kassa
Jan 15, 2010 rated it it was ok
This anthology is listed Gay Military Erotica. Unfortunately the stories tend to be dark, depressing, and focus on the violence, anger, and rape of military situations rather than erotica in a military setting. The themes explored within the various stories definitely ring with authenticity, despite their gory description, but are out of place in an erotica anthology when rape and violence overwhelm the stories leaving very few sexy overtones. For those readers who don’t mind or actually enjoy g ...more
J. Rocci
Jan 16, 2011 rated it it was ok
I have to agree with Kassa's review of this one. I debated between "didn't like it" and "it was okay," and I honestly only chose "it was okay" for one of the stories, "Friendly Fire." I hate leaving bad reviews, so I'm not going to dwell on the writing quality of some, but I was honestly disappointed by the time I reached the back cover.

Aside from the majority of the stories having dark overtones -- and the rape, violence and consent issues that Kassa articulates quite well in her review -- I ha
Mountie
Aug 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Worth the buy for Marquesate's story.
Jamie Freeman
Jan 11, 2010 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
My dark short story "The D.C. Blues" is included in this anthology. This one is dark, violent and a little bit disturbing.
Boycop
Oct 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
I did not even remember reading this anthology, until I came across it again.

There are complaints about this being dark an depressing.
Well, I like it dark and gritty, but this still failed me totally. If I recall correctly, I skipped a lot of the stories because there was either no point in them, or they just had boring characters. One or two decent stories does not make an anthology.
NLA-I Awards
May 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010-nominees
Contains Jack Fritscher's "Goodbye Saigon," a great tale of rough trade that received the honorable mention in the National Leather Association's John Preston Award for short stories published in 2009.
OkayKim
Apr 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Friendly Fire was about the only decent story in this collection. Just wish it had been longer. Too short!
Zach
Aug 07, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gay-themes, military
First off, very hot book. very few of the stories weren't well written and nice. I'd just like to highlight Stockholm Syndrome as my personally favorite.
Nic Castaneda