Start by marking “La ragazza dello Sputnik” as Want to Read:
La ragazza dello Sputnik

La ragazza dello Sputnik

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  79,681 Ratings  ·  4,475 Reviews
Myu è una donna matura, sposata, molto ricca e molto bella. Sumire ama Myu come non ha amato mai nessun ragazzo. E Myu parrebbe corrispondere, ma uno schermo invisibile sembra separarla dal sesso, e forse dal mondo. Riusciranno le due donne a intrecciare i loro destini? Oppure il loro incontro si disperderà senza lasciare traccia, come il famoso satellite russo finito a va ...more
Published October 1st 2001 by Einaudi (first published April 20th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about La ragazza dello Sputnik, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Magaly Sáenz
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Nikolaos Kantanas It's worth reading. It really doesn't get very interesting until the last third of the book. The the wordplay of Murakami and the ideas he expresses…moreIt's worth reading. It really doesn't get very interesting until the last third of the book. The the wordplay of Murakami and the ideas he expresses make the book worth reading through to the end. Also there is an interesting ending.(less)

Dasha H
Aug 01, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Murakami virgins
Shelves: 2009

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is, by any chance, a bad book. My low rating can be easily explained by the fact that I've already read too much Murakami.

I used to like him quite a lot, but come on, doesn't he get tired of writing the same book over and over again? Let me show you the pattern. A simple guy who likes to 1.cook 2.listen to music/read books 3. think about the meaning of life meets an ordinary girl who turns out to be totally extraordinary, which gets her into trouble soon a

Scarlet
"Reality was one step out of line, a cardigan with the buttons done up wrong."

I have come to realise that reading a Murakami book is not quite an act of reading itself but an act of dreaming with your eyes open. What you see is a series of surreal images barely held together by threads of reason. What matters however, is the feeling these images leave you with; an aftertaste that lingers and intensifies even as the world within these pages turns stranger and more disconcerting; until what you
Kevin
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first time reading a Murakami novel. It was very good, and very weird. Either large sections are entirely metaphorical, or we've got some heavy unreliable narrator action going on. Honestly, either way or any combination of the 2 is totally fine with me; this book was beautifully written.

It was eerily similar to Christopher Priest's The Affirmation in themes and quite a few plot points. I can't help but think that Murakami is a fan of his.
Seth T.
May 26, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys Murakami's special brand of genius.
After the excellent Kafka on the Shore and the perhaps much better Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, I've been on something of a Murakami kick. I find his storytelling fascinating, both in device and in style. His use of the extraordinary-as-mundane is a tasty joy for me to indulge. Sputnik Sweetheart, while not as wonderful an experience as the two aforementioned works, was quite a bit of quick fun.

Thematically not dissimilar from Wind-up Bird, this short novel revels in questions of identity, conscious
Vessey
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 4-stars, mystery
SPOILERS

She said: I really wanted to see you. When I couldn’t see you any more, I realized that. It was as clear as if the planets all of a sudden lined up in a row for me. I really need you. You’re a part of me; I’m a part of you.

He thought: We’re both looking at the same moon, in the same world. We’re connected to reality by the same line. All I have to do is quietly draw it towards me.

I might be doing a disservice to Haruki Murakami with my attitude, but the desperate romantic in me, romantic
Kelly
May 09, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why does Haruki Murakami hit the spot so well for me, and for thousands of other readers worldwide? There's a common element in all his works; it's a bridge of fantasy and reality that has just the right delicate balance. There's something about that balance that's so mesmerizing. You can connect with it on a level that you can’t in pure fantasy, and there’s enough of a disconnect from solid reality to leave you in wonder. Of all the other writers that have been categorized as magical realism th ...more
K.D. Absolutely
Feb 20, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ranee
Recommended to K.D. by: 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die
Shelves: 1001-non-core
This is my 2nd novel by Haruki Murakami and just like Kafka in the Shore, this still amazed me. I even enjoyed this more than Kafka.

For me this is the best unrequited tragic love story I've read so far. As this is said to be the most openly emotional novel of Mr. Murakami, the prose is really haunting and the scenes are dreamy and surreal. Again, because Mr. Murakami uses a lot of metaphors and symbolisms, there can be layers of interpretations. I am not really fond of love stories (this just ha
Brendon Schrodinger
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, japan
I sat down to read ‘Sputnik Sweetheart’ the night David Bowie died.
It was a humid,still antipodean January night where you knew sleep would not come easily. My partner, less accomodating of the heat than I am, nevertheless went to bed around 11 leaving me to late night reading. Unusually for suburbia, the only sounds were the crickets chirping their mid-summer thrum, a white noise, innocuous and soothing. It was a sombre evening and so it, and I, felt Murakami-like. Lost.

‘Sputnik Sweetheart’ i
Pantelis
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A locked-room mystery with a mysterious solution…. An anonymous, generic greek island is the locked room…

A japanese girl disappears during her vacations on a greek island... A book about a disappearance act... The book itself is a disappearance act... Its ending is so open and ambiguous, almost endless... It doesn't just end at the last page, it disappears...

To read in tandem with Antonioni's "La aventura"...
Sherif Metwaly

إذا أردتَ أن تجرب إحساس الهلوسة التي تفصلك عن الواقع، وتسافر بك عبر الزمان والمكان إلى عالم خيالي، يخلو من الهم والحزن، ويمتلئ بالبهجة والسحر، أمامك وسيلتان: إما أن تتعاطي المخدرات، وإما أن تقرأ لموراكامي.

تمت
  • Crossfire
  • Thirst for Love
  • The Waiting Years
  • Be With You
Murakami Haruki (Japanese: 村上 春樹) is a popular contemporary Japanese writer and translator. His work has been described as 'easily accessible, yet profoundly complex'. He can be located on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/harukimuraka...

Since childhood, Murakami has been heavily influenced by Western culture, particularly Western music and literature. He grew up reading a range of works by Am
More about Haruki Murakami...
“Why do people have to be this lonely? What's the point of it all? Millions of people in this world, all of them yearning, looking to others to satisfy them, yet isolating themselves. Why? Was the earth put here just to nourish human loneliness?” 4885 likes
“I dream. Sometimes I think that's the only right thing to do.” 3553 likes