Start by marking “Dust” as Want to Read:
Dust

Dust

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
While unloading groceries in her Rock Haven condo, Karen McKay notices a strange swirl of red, green, and blue dust. The swirl follows her inside, lifts a porcelain ballerina from her wall unit, twirls it in the air, and throws it to the floor, shattering it into pieces. The following evening, Karen hears her neighbor's dog barking loudly. Upon investigation, she finds her ...more
Published April 3rd 2009 by iUniverse.com (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dust

Allison
Oct 29, 2009 rated it liked it
Book Description:

The following evening, Karen hears her neighbor's dog barking loudly. Upon investigation, she finds her neighbor, Marion, at the bottom of the stairs—dead. At the top of the stairs, a colorful whirlpool of dust c
Cheryl
Nov 11, 2009 rated it it was ok
Karen McKay lived a nice, quiet life. She has a place in the Rock Haven condos. Most of her neighbors keep to themselves. Karen was unloading groceries when a mysterious dust cloud appears. This dust cloud is not your typical cloud of dust. No this dust comes in the colors of red, green and blue. The dust picks up a collectable of Karen’s and it violently crashes to the floor, shattering in a bunch of little pieces.

Karen thinks nothing of the incident…till later that night; she hears one of her
Bridget
Nov 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
When Karen sees some different colored dust, she notices that its following her into her home. The dust picks up a porcelain ballerina doll and smashes it onto the floor. As if that wasn't weird enough, the next day Karen hears her neighbors dog barking nonstop. When she goes to find out if something is wrong, she finds her neighbor laying at the bottom of the steps. When Karen looks up, she notices the same dust. After these incidents, she tries to figure out how to stop sadistic dust from wrea ...more
Yvette Bouquet
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some books are much better a second time around.

Some books are meant to be read more than just once. I enjoyed Dust over 3 years ago when I first purchased it, but going through my library something compelled me to read it a second time. I really enjoyed it more the second time around.
Paulinerose Soden
Aug 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Paulinerose by: susan berliner on facebook
Shelves: first-read
I really enjoyed the uniqueness of the characters and the story plot. it was well played out and had things you would never suspect. The idea of Dust being a enemy is just outrageous and wonderful! Dust was well worth the read. It was a little quick to read but I really enjoyed it and I feel like it could almost be a sequel later on. I hope to read more of Susan's things in the near future.
Karen
Melody
Jan 16, 2016
Jose
Jan 21, 2016
I have been a nonfiction writer for nearly my entire career. I had originally planned to be an elementary school teacher, but left after a year to become a newspaper reporter for Fairchild Publications. I covered men's retailing for Daily News Record, a men's wear/textile trade newspaper, which was the "brother" paper of Women's Wear Daily.

After my children were born, I switched to freelance writ
More about Susan Berliner...