Start by marking “Out with the In Crowd (The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt, #2)” as Want to Read:
Out with the In Crowd (The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt, #2)

Out with the In Crowd

(The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt #2)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  204 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Skylar Hoyt may have vowed to change her partying ways, but it's not so easy to change her friends. She's trying hard to live a new life, but her old one is constantly staring her in the face. After all, how do you choose favourites among the people you love most?
Published January 1st 2010 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Out with the In Crowd, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out with the In Crowd

Michelle
Out with the In Crowd was excellent. I liked it even better than the first book, and I definitely recommend reading them in order to get the full effect. I may not have liked Skylar had I started with the second book. However, I understood her well by the time I read this second novel in the series so it worked for me. The plotting, inner dialog, and characterization were incredibly realistic and totally reminded me of my highschool days with the on and off relationships and the worries teens ha ...more
Carman
Mar 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
Skylar is going through a lot right now. Her parents can’t seem to decide if they are together or not, her fifteen-year-old sister is pregnant (and not dealing with anything), her boyfriend seems just a little too friendly with his ex (not to mention that she is also Skylar’s ex-best-friend), and on top of all that she can’t seem to decide what she wants to do with her life. Wouldn’t you be stressed?

This is a great book and I love that this series is an ongoing story. Each storyline blends into
R. G. Nairam
Hovering between 2 and 3 here. I am conflicted.

Same deal as the last one. Some deep stuff sprinkled through lots of teen drama. I found it both compelling and annoying. The underlying story with her parents and her sister and her family in general is I think at the heart of it, and the heart I do like. I just don't know about all the off again on again jealousy and stupid decisions. It's realistic, I guess, but it doesn't make it any less annoying to read.

I felt like the bombshell with her dad
Torrin
Just exciting enough while still being completely, utterly real. Enough fiction and enough realism. It takes a skilled writer to create this. I love, love, love these books.
Favour Nwuba
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
J.C.
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
While reading this series I neglected to review out each one as I finished, and now having finished, all three books have meshed together in my mind and it would be nearly impossible to try to distuinguish them again for the point of three separate reviews. So instead I have decided to review all three in one review of the whole series. * MINOR SPOILERS.*

Book One. It drew me in, so it gets points for that, if for nothing else. The opener was inciting and the characters immediately intriguing.
Books and Literature for Teens
Skylar is back and ready to tackle the school halls but is she truly ready for the trials ahead? In Me, Just Different, the first book in the Reinventions of Skylar Hoyt series, Sky decides she no longer wants to be known as the school's party-harty girl. Instead, Sky slips from the "it" crowd and makes changes in her life. Meanwhile, her younger sister is about to go through some changes all her own. In this book, Sky is faced not only with her sister's pregnancy, the constant reminders of her ...more
Kaylea
Jun 02, 2010 rated it liked it

I liked Morrill's writing style. The book was easy to read and full of interesting characters.

I liked how she portrayed Skylar's struggles in a realistic manner - how she deals with her parents' pending divorce, a younger sister's pregnancy, her boyfriend and her past and former friends.

I'll admit, I was a bit lost at times, not having read the first novel. It was kind of like jumping into a mini-series in mid stream. However, I think this complete series would be one I could safely pass along t
Carly
Feb 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book really made me think about a lot of different things, much more so than many books do. I like a book that makes me think and brings out emotion in me. My first thought was the similarity between Skylar’s transformation and my own, although I was in my mid-twenties when I decided it was time to reinvent myself and get my life on track. I was a hardcore party-girl and I could relate to Skylar’s experiences with all the life changes that take place when you turn your life over to Christ. ...more
Crystal
Feb 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
From what I read in the beginning of this book, it takes up pretty much where book #1 leaves off. Sklar is returning to school after Christmas break facing her last semester of high school with her wonderful boyfriend and without the in crowd of friends she has hung out with for the last four years.

Skylar's uncertainty seems very true of high school girls or anyone who goes back into a situation with friends who aren't friends any more. Nothing is glossed over and Skylar's emotions and uncertain
Rachelle Cobb
Dec 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I just put down the last book in The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt series. For the second time.

I can only remember one other contemporary YA series of novels that I have ever read. The Diary of A Teenage Girl series by Melody Carlson, the Caitlin O'Conner books. I read that series twice, too, but not within a few months of each other. In fact, I can't remember when was the last time I read an entire series (or even one book, for that matter) twice in half a year. My To-Read List is just that long
Cindy
2010
Revell
Fiction/YA

Reveiwed by Cindy Loven

Stephanie Morrill totally gets teenage drama!! I thought as I read this book, she so understands the drama teenagers go through and cause. Out with the In Crowd is Book Two in a series, but it totally stands alone, in fact I didnt even realize it was a series book until I reached the end of the book, and saw the page announcing book three, and advertising book one.

Skylar Hoyt, has given up her wild
Sofia Marie
Typical Skylar: "I don’t know what they told you at the retreat, but it doesn’t fix everything overnight. Just like me. I thought accepting God’s plan for my life would make it easier. Most of the time, it’s only made it harder."

With her dad and mom back together and an always-caring Connor beside her, Skylar seems to have everything going for her. Until Connor starts spending time with Jodi and mom declares her plans to move to Hawaii. And since Abbie is intent on ignoring baby preparations, Sk
Rosie
Apr 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Stephanie Morrill does a fantastic job of keeping my hands clutched to the book. Out with the In Crowd is the sequel to Me, Just Different. I found myself relating to Skylar once again in this installment. It isn't easy to handle everything that was placed on her shoulders. But she did, and for that she should be commended.

A past life, former friends, and an ex-boyfriend continue to haunt Skylar on her quest to become a better person. The more she wants a change in her life the more she feels s
Jill Williamson
Jun 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Review by Jill Williamson

Skylar is back for her final semester of high school and things are awkward. She'd thought that committing her life to God would make life easier, but everything is so much harder. For one, is she really supposed to be nice to her ex-friends? Especially the one who is clearly trying to steal her boyfriend? And how can she make time for that boyfriend when she has to take care of her pregnant little sister? You'd think her parents would help, but they are in the middle of
Apr 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Summary: Skylar is juggling too many things: parents on the verge of divorce, a sister who will soon be a teen mom, a boyfriend who wants more time. To top it off, she can no longer count on her old friends, who don't seem to understand why she doesn't want to party any more. When her past comes back to haunt her, will she be able to keep it all together?

My Thoughts: What I liked most about this book was the authentic portrayal of Skylar's struggle between her past and what she wants her future
Roseanna White
Jan 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Skylar's story continues in a novel that drags you deep into her heart and life. Morrill writes with emotional depth that not only takes me back to that part of my life, but makes me want to sit down and really examine myself. Beautifully written, this one is even better than the first and will stay with you forever.
Mickey
Jun 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Almost as good as the first book except for one thing. Connor and Skylar should NEVER have been broken up. It made the plot line plummet and become boring and predictable and I almost knew exactly what was going to happen next because of it. Definitely a negative to the book. Other than that, it was amazing.
Alexa
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant installment in the series! I absolutely love Skylar right now. I relate to her inner struggles about God's plan for her life so much she's like my best friend. The story feels so real and honest, that its hard to believe its not real.
Mary
Apr 18, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-i-regret
Just as bad as the first. Unrealistic characters, a whiny heroine and no decent plot yet again. I like almost every book i've read so I hate having to be harsh but this series just fails! Maybe the third will redeem itself!
Cookielover
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow.
The sequel is even better?
Wow.
So um, being a good girl is hard-especially if bad is calling your name...and he's this REALLY cute guy.
Um, I hate and love Conner and I totally gave up on trying to get Eli, but hey, stop reading this review and read the book....please?
Mutende J
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
i thought it was fantastic. i found it inspiriaring and i can't wait to read the next book in this same series
Morgan Lemke
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
one of skylar hoyt's adventures of boyfriends. she is mixed between Lance and Connor.
Kaity-Jane Culbertson
Aug 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt series was just as good as the first, though by the end I was very annoyed with a few certain characters(as expected)! ;)
Kelli
Jan 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Loved it...even more than the first one! It was hard to put the book down, and I can't wait to read the final book in the series!
Kyra (Blog of a Bookaholic)
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed it! Highly recommend this trilogy :)
Debbie
Oct 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A great read - at any age!
Morgan Johnson
Jul 29, 2013
N.A.
Dec 15, 2015
❄️Dari❄️
Oct 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Romancing Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #3)
  • Perfectly Invisible (Universally Misunderstood, #2)
  • The Big Picture (Katie Parker Productions, #3)
  • The Ruby Notebook (Notebook, #2)
  • The Trouble with Half a Moon
  • Mexico (Notes from a Spinning Planet, #3)
  • Rematch (Lauren Holbrook, #2)
  • At Face Value
  • It's Not About Him (Second Glances, #2)
  • The Accidental Genius of Weasel High
  • No Moon
  • Pressing Hard (Perry Skky Jr., #2)
  • Interrupted: Life Beyond Words
  • Blessings in Disguise (Good Girlz, #2)
  • Isle of Fire (Isle of Swords, #2)
Stephanie Morrill is the author of several young adult novels, including the 1920's mystery, The Lost Girl of Astor Street). Despite loving cloche hats and drop-waist dresses, Stephanie would have been a terrible flapper because she can’t do the Charleston and looks awful with bobbed hair. She and her near-constant ponytail live in Kansas City with her husband and three kids. You can learn more ab ...more

The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt (3 books)
  • Me, Just Different (The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt, #1)
  • So Over It (The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt, #3)