Start by marking “The Fall Festival” as Want to Read:
The Fall Festival

The Fall Festival

(Little Critter Readers)

Fall is an exciting season in Critterville!

Every year, Little Critter® and his family take a trip to one of the most beloved events in Critterville—the Fall Festival. From picking apples and taking hayrides to choosing the perfect pumpkin, no wonder everyone loves this time of year.

The Fall Festival is a simple story—perfect for emergent readers who are eager to join Littl
Published August 4th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Fall Festival, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fall Festival

Melki
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Little Critter and his family have loads of fun at a harvest festival. They buy apples, go on a hayride, and pick out pumpkins for Halloween. So much FALL crammed in so few pages.
You can almost smell the autumn air!
Jessica
Who doesn't love a little critter book :) This book is good for emergent readers. Lots of sight words and an easy to follow story about the little critters going to the fall festival.
Rosa Cline
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a fabulous Little Critter Fall celebration book. Including all things about autumn and family togetherness; happiness and having fun. My adult special needs son and I really enjoyed sharing this book together and will read it again. Illustrations are wonderful as well, so for children who can't read text they would enjoy just looking at the illustrations. Again just a wonderful story book.
Luisa Knight
A festive read for your beginning reader. And of course Mayer's Little Critter illustrations are so fun!

Reading Level: K - 2nd grades

Cleanliness: mentions briefly finding a pumpkin for Halloween.

#fall #autumn
Judy
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
The kids love the pumpkin-throwing machine, and they want to play horseshoes. They thought that was a silly name for a game ... then I figured out that they didn't know that horses wore shoes and theie shoes look different from the ones we wear.
Krehauna Dotzler

The fourth nonfiction book I picked was Apples Make Juices and this book was also not on good reads. This book could be a 2nd-4th-grade book because it has a good amount of information about apples and fruits in it. This is a good read for kids to learn more about healthy fun foods.

I paired it with The Fall Festival, which is the one I posted on good reads. This book is a easy read for 1st-3rd graders that will get them about fall and apple picking. These books go great together because one is
Sara Kay
Little Critter and his family go to the fall festival and have a great time. They pick apples, look for a Halloween pumpkin, and play a game of horseshoes. They get their dad to play the horseshoes and win them some stuffed animals. They then return home, Little Critter with a stomach ache from how many apples he ate.
I liked this book a lot and really enjoy the whole series. I think this would be a good book to use in the fall time and it also talks a lot about apples, so it would go well with a
midnightfaerie
Oct 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Another Mercer Mayer book that all my kids enjoyed. My 5 yr old just adores Mayer and requests her books constantly. I read them at the breakfast or lunch table and even my 3 yr old twins get into them. We love trying to find the mouse and spider that seems to follow the main character around, they’re always doing silly things. Fun engaging themes that any child can relate to, a great addition to any children's library.
Andrea
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alex-books
One thing I don't see enough of is fall themed books. I absolutely love fall and everything that happens during this season; the pumpkin patches, apple cider, fall leaves, falls crafts and even the smell in the air.

In this story Little Critter and his family go to a fall festival and partake in various festival activities including eating many apples. This is a fun story that makes me excited for fall even though I read it the first week of spring. Only six months away.
Cherie Durbin
Jan 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Little Critter and family head to the fall festival. They play games, pick apples and search for the perfect pumpkin. But, Little Critter gets carried away with sampling apples!

Children will love Mercer Mayer's vibrant illustrations. My own "Little Critter" loves to find Mouse and Spider on each page!
Hannah Sheffield
This book would be great to read to students before having a school fall festival.
Amanda
Oct 14, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-s-books
Nice, timely story for us. It will be a good learn-to-read in about a year.
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Children and Parents
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: myself
A great little picture book for ages 0-3 to listen to with the wonderful wording and the awesome illustrations.
Heather Jo
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: meggie-list
Tricia
Sep 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Fall as a season is described well in this first reader starring the adored critters of Critterville.
Alice
Oct 19, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun fall early reader. It makes me want to go on a hayride and drink apple cider. Fun little book!!
Jaymie
May 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Biscuit Meets the Class Pet
  • Mittens
  • From Seed to Pumpkin (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)
  • Apple Trouble!
  • Bear's First Christmas
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • Froggy Goes to Hawaii
  • The Night Before St. Patrick's Day
  • Jamie O'Rourke and the Pooka
  • Splat the Cat: Splat the Cat Sings Flat
  • Have You Seen My Dinosaur? (Beginner Books(R))
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #4)
  • Pinkalicious: Puptastic!
  • Max Found Two Sticks
  • Five Little Penguins Slipping on the Ice
  • The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin (with CD)
  • Chester Raccoon and the Big Bad Bully (Chester the Raccoon (Kissing Hand) #4)
  • Little Dog Lost: The True Story of a Brave Dog Named Baltic
I began illustrating books in 1966. Since that time I have published over 300 books. Most of my books are about things that happened to me when I was a little kid. Now I'm a big kid and I write about things that happen now, especially with my own children. They always remind me of what it was like.

I was born in Arkansas in 1943. Boy, that was a long time ago! It's real fun to be an old kid. Then m

Little Critter Readers (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Adventures of Little Critter