Start by marking “Quick and Easy Thai: 70 Everyday Recipes” as Want to Read:
Quick and Easy Thai: 70 Everyday Recipes

Quick and Easy Thai: 70 Everyday Recipes

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  224 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Now busy home cooks can bring the fantastic flavors of Thai cuisine into the kitchen with a simple trip to the grocery store. Nancie McDermott, experienced cook, teacher, and author of the best-selling cookbook Real Thai, presents this collection of 70 delicious recipes that focus on easy-to-find ingredients and quick cooking methods to whip up traditional Thai. With recip ...more
Published December 1st 2003 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Quick and Easy Thai, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quick and Easy Thai

Mary Diesen
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have never really learned to cook, but love Thai food so got this book. It is wonderful! What I especially love about this book is she uses ingredients that are available in my grocery store. I don't have an Asian store anywhere close so this is especially important. I find the recipes easy to follow and very tasty. Last night I made 5 different recipes for a dinner I gave and everyone loved the food.
Gina
Apr 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
Didn't find one thing I wanted to make without buying a bunch of special ingredients.
Jenna (Falling Letters)
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food, 2015, thai-cuisine
Review originally posted 3 May 2015 on Falling Letters.

Whoo, my first cookbook review! It’s been awhile since I read one straight through. The last time must have been in high school, when we were traveling through South Dakota and I purchased a fall recipes book. I remember making some delicious, comforting foods from it... I should go back to it!

Anyway. I chose this cookbook because I love Thai food and I really want to make it accessible in my home. I think it’ll be best for me to start smal
brendan
Feb 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
The biggest selling point here is that these recipes are simplified (or already simple) versions of Thai food, for those of us who don't feel like tackling something that calls for a table's worth of ingredients, an hour of prep work, and a trip to the Asian market.

Most recipes are easy enough to veganize - in some cases the exact type of protein is even said to be wildly interchangeable. The author's white North Carolina PTA-mom roots occasionally shine through in her suggestions for serving b
Rikelle
Nov 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I know that this not completely authentic but it is a great introduction to Thai flavors. I love Thai food and one of the hardest things in making authentic Thai is the huge amounts of ingredients and many of them hard to find. McDermott takes classic Thai recipes and streamlines them and then list authentic ingredients you can use but also great subsitutions if you don't have or can't find the original. The recipes are yummy and easy. One of my family's favorite is Hidden Chicken. It's quick to ...more
Judy
Jul 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food-cookbooks
The title is correct - except that not only are these dishes quick and easy (relatively speaking - I'm not a fact cook/prep person), they are delicious! One short cut that she recommends is to buy curry paste, rather than making it from scratch - although she does include a recipe for making it. I have experimented with different curry pastes from H-Mart (an Asian grocery store near me), and found the brand I really like. She includes a list of sources for ingredients, which is helpful. I'm look ...more
Jennifer James
Jun 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: recipes
I only tried two recipes from this cookbook (masaman curry and a sweet potato-coconut milk custard) but they were both delicious. I will be trying more recipes in the future. I was somewhat distressed to learn that the characteristic flavor in Thai food is fish sauce, which means that some of the Thai food in restaurants that I've eaten and thought was vegetarian may not have been.
Bianca
Aug 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes to cook and eat!
Recommended to Bianca by: Received as a gift from Jal
This cookbook is awesome. The recipes are legitimate, authentic Thai food but it's so "quick and easy" to make it seems like it will never taste as good as it does. I love this cookbook. It is regularly used in my kitchen.
Jess Miller
Jun 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lazy food nerds
Shelves: cookbooks
Really good-everything is simple, and easily adaptable. Great for someone beginning to cook Thai, or just beginning to cook. Or for people like me, who learned to cook from books, and hence is very bad at weeknight, just-get-it-over-with cooking.
Margo
Jan 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow! I got this for Christmas and have made several delicious recipes already. With a few different ingredients such as fish sauce, curry paste, and coconut milk, it's great to have the restaurant come to you. Lots of pictures.
Julie Davis
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
McDermott really does take the pain and fussiness out of producing authentic tasting ethnic foods, in this case Thai cuisine. Leafing through this I discovered that I had already read it once because her grilled chicken with garlic recipe is a staple of my kitchen.
Beka
Feb 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
This had lots of wonderful ideas and yummy pictures. I've definitely got some new recipes to try.
Allison
Feb 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
C
Apr 08, 2010 rated it liked it

Good for an overview of Thai cooking in an American home, but I really feel her "Quick & Easy Chinese" is the better book, thus far.

Tatiana
Dec 22, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
good book to whip up food after work. not entirely authentic, but does in a pinch. accessible to those who don't have palm sugar handy in their pantry.
Sally
Jun 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Every recipie I've tried has been excellent. You can easily cook Thai food that's as good as most restaurants.
Sara
May 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recipes, non-fiction
This book has wonderful recipes, some that I've copied out. Need to track down what I did with them.
Eileen Hughes
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite cookbooks!
Sara
Apr 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
This is my favorite Thai cookbook so far. Used it and loved it several years ago and am excited to have found it again.
oriole
Apr 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Thai Street Food
  • Culinaria: Germany
  • Cradle of Flavor: Home Cooking from the Spice Islands of Indonesia, Singapore, and Malaysia
  • Madhur Jaffrey's Quick & Easy Indian Cooking
  • Indian Home Cooking: A Fresh Introduction to Indian Food, with More Than 150 Recipes
  • Italian Grill
  • How to Break an Egg: 1,453 Kitchen Tips, Food Fixes, Emergency Substitutions, and Handy Techniques
  • Beyond the Great Wall: Recipes and Travels in the Other China
  • Perfect Recipes for Having People Over
  • The Steamy Kitchen Cookbook: 101 Asian Recipes Simple Enough for Tonight's Dinner
  • The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern: Knockout Dishes with Down-Home Flavor

$10.74 $2.99
    $13.99 $1.99
    $5.99 $1.99
    $8.24 $1.99
  • How to Travel with a Salmon & Other Essays (A Harvest Book)
    $14.99 $1.99