Start by marking “Black Bird, Vol. 4” as Want to Read:
Black Bird, Vol. 4

Black Bird, Vol. 4

(Black Bird #4)

He loves her blood, but does her love her?!

R to L (Japanese Style). He loves her blood, but does her love her?!

There is a world of myth and magic that intersects ours, and only a special few can see it. Misao Harada is one such person, and she wants nothing to do with magical realms. She just wants to have a normal high school life and maybe get a boyfriend. All that chan
Published June 4th 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published February 26th 2008)

Start your review of Black Bird, Vol. 4
Victoria ♡
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-manga
keep forgetting to mark things off when i actually read them!! ahh!!
Zoe Tribley
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-a-n-g-a
This review will be the same for all of them-- excluding book seventeen and eighteen-- as I'm going to briefly review books 1-16

I've wanted to read this manga for quite some time, and once I started reading it like a few weeks ago. I couldn't stop. Despite what anyone says, I love this manga. I love the artwork. I love the main character's romance. I love the plot line. And I love all of the characters that make up this manga. There's a lot of people who've said that Hime-sama, the main charact
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dear Reader,

After finishing four books in the Black Bird series, I’ve come to understand something about Kanoko Sakurakouji: She’s a damn sadist. She loves those horrible cliffhangers that make a reader want to face plant a desk. And yet I can’t get enough!

I really can’t.

I just sjdsfhdsfdldhfg *sob* I’m so addicted it’s painful.

I need to learn her secrets.
❥ ❥ ❥
*breathes deeply* I will try to finish this review without spontaneously combusting.

Some things you should know about the fourth volume
Conina
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
I am frustrated by our main heroine - she's childish, stupid, naive, etc. Yet I want to see where is all this going to end.

Introducing Ren was my favourite part, she's gorgeous and - THANK GOD - mature. I'm too old for this kind of manga, it seems. But it has a lot of blood and killing and some sex-like-moments that confuses me. Let's see what happens.

Luna
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bookfandom1001
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: demons, manga
I hope that Kyo and misco get married soon even if he's really bossy but you have to admit Edward was bossy in twilight and we didn't complain why should we now.
DonutKnow
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kitaplarvesozleri
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
❤️
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it

I’m really enjoying how much closer Kyo and Misao are getting. She’s starting to care for him deeply and he’s starting to let his feelings show instead talking about sex all the time. Speaking of sex, I’m really not sure what’s going on there. It seems like they keep running into this brick wall. Aside from Misao not being ready, there are all these prophecies that say they can have sex or they can’t. It’s weird. If this ends like Chobit
Bry
Jan 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a great installment in this series. It was emotional, tense, and full of action. From the beginning both characters are their emotional extreme and that pace never really lets us as the plot unfolds. And the plot that unfolds is one of friendship and sacrifice.

Misao really impressed me in this book because so many heroines are 'save me, save me'! Misao doesn't want to always be saved though. she wants to be an equal partner who Kyo. That made me really respect her. I am also pretty impr
Cori Reed
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Gather round, children! This wasn't quite as bad as the previous volume!

Full disclosure: I lived in Japan for a year as a teenager and the only manga I've ever read is Cardcaptor Sakura. In Japanese.

This is not a good second opinion.

What do you recommend as a good manga? I've watched some anime in the past and enjoyed it, and understand Japanese culture well.

Michael (Mai)
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another violent shoujo manga. I love it! It was nice this time to see Misao be able to stand up for Kyo a bit. She's a pretty weak heroine but I still root for her especially in volumes like this one.
Isabella
Leila Anani
The saga continues - Having killed Shuehei last volume to protect Misao, Kyo must now face the new leader of the Kitsune clan - Tadanobu. Only problem is the pair are close friends and neither want to fight to the death. Tadanobu is even in love with another human girl, but knows that his clan will force him to go after Misao. On top of that are of course all the added fears about what will happen if Misao does finally sleep with Kyo... will a child from their union kill her? Only the Senka Roku ...more
Nancy Foster
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After the decisive battle between Kyou and Shuuhei, the fox clan is in disarray. Tadanobu, the mild mannered older brother of Shuuhei has been elected as the new leader of the clan, and the pressure for him to steal Misao is crushing him.

The thing is, Tadanobu and Kyou are actually very close friends, which is very unusual in youkai society, and to top things off, Tadanobu has a serious human girlfriend named Renko and wants to marry her.

Knowing that a battle for Misao is inevitable, the two for
Ryan Eggersdorf
The best volume yet benefits greatly from a lack of any sexualized violence or threatened assault, and a total break from the first three volumes' well-trodden formula. The introduction of two new characters is wholly welcomed, and as usual, this plot keeps moving ahead like a damn train. The art is consistently gorgeous, the world-building is well-developed, and the increasing emotional and verbal honesty between our two main characters is superb. It is truly thrilling that this supernatural se ...more
Vintagebooklvr
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
It is nice to see the emotional aspect of Kyo and Misao continues to build even if it creates some very fundamental moral challenges for Misao. It is also interesting to see another human/demon relationship. It is not an easy relationship if you have a grand destiny or not.

Misao may seems weak to some people, but she doesn't have the skill or the supernatural power to fight the demons. However, she is willing to risk herself to stand up for what she believes is right. That does take a particular
Hannah (Sakurahan or ForeverBooks18)
A good volume! It had serious moments as well as a few funny moments for the characters. I love how this manga brings out every emotion in me.

I read this for a couple of readathons:

Reading Rivalry: A book featuring flight because there are bird creatures in this series!

Cardcaptor-a-thon - The Silent - Read a Graphic Novel because the Silent card capture takes place in an art museum.
rads
Apr 23, 2020 rated it liked it
see, my problem is with the world building and the explanation of the lore.
so kyo's friend has to give up on his human love and fight for misao...why?? when in the end it seems that marrying his girlfriend is possible. i dont get it. other than that, the plot of this series is so intruiging, I'm sailing through it.
Rosibel Matta
May 08, 2020 rated it liked it
"Sensei, did you know that Misao has a boyfriend?
I don't want to hear! I don't want to hear!
How ever, because she wants it that way, I'm definitely going to accept it.
So, you'll accept it? No matter what kind of man he is? Even if the one she claims to love... Is not human? Is it still fine?"
Nadina
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This was another good volume, honestly, I find it hard to review after the first few volumes without including spoilers, at least until the end of the series.
I like the pace and how the story is progressing, and I can't wait for the next volume.
Melissa
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Fantastic! I really enjoyed the characters of Tadanobu and Renko because they add so much depth to both Kyo and Misao. More than anything, I loved seeing Misao’s character development in this one. She’s becoming her own person.
Kaitlynn N
Jul 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Charley zuzgo
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing mix of romance and action ####
Jessica Duet
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tables turning again. Lots of action going on. What’s next?
Eden Rose
Grace
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely getting strange, and the one “mystery” feels like it’s dragging without enough hints or clues to make it engaging.
Heather Culley
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Here we go round the mulberry bush
Kathryn Chiety
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourite
I love this manga
Illy
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just want them to be fully together - no one bothering them just happy with their adoptive children (because that is what they are let’s be honest the brothers are too cute).
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 (Vampire Knight, #1)
  • 電撃デイジー5
  • Beast Master, Vol. 2 (Beast Master, #2)
  • ヴァンパイア騎士 8 (Vampire Knight, #8)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 01 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #1)
  • Stepping on Roses, Vol. 1 (Stepping on Roses, #1)
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 02 (Midnight Secretary, #2)
  • Stepping on Roses, Vol. 4 (Stepping on Roses, #4)
  • Happy Marriage ?!, tome 2 (Happy Marriage, #2)
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 11
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 3 (Ouran High School Host Club, #3)
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 02 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #2)
  • Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 1 (Dengeki Daisy, #1)
  • キスよりも早く1 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 1] (Faster than a Kiss #1)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 02 (Maid-sama! #2)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 9 (Vampire Knight, #9)
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 01 (Midnight Secretary, #1)
  • Happy Marriage ?!, tome 8 (Happy Marriage, #8)
Given name: かのこ
Family name: 桜小路

Kanoko Sakurakoji (桜小路 かのこ, Sakurakōji Kanoko)

Zodiac: Leo

Blood Type: AB

Black Bird (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 1