Start by marking “A Year of Living Your Yoga: Daily Practices to Shape Your Life” as Want to Read:
A Year of Living Your Yoga: Daily Practices to Shape Your Life

A Year of Living Your Yoga: Daily Practices to Shape Your Life

Judith Hanson Lasater has been teaching an annual yoga retreat at Feathered Pipe Ranch, in Helena, Montana, for 28 years. When she learned that one of her students was collecting Lasater’s thoughts — which she called “Judith’s aphorisms” — Lasater decided to collect them in this book. Featuring one thought for each day of the year, along with a suggested practice, these br ...more
Published September 25th 2006 by Rodmell Press

To ask other readers questions about A Year of Living Your Yoga, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Year of Living Your Yoga

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I keep this lovely book by my bed as a reminder that my yoga practice is about more than being able to a headstand. Which I can’t do and, frankly, don’t care about doing. So much wisdom inside its cover.
Coleen
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Among the top ten on yoga inspired books to read.
Heather
Nov 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great everyday yoga resource.
Millie Jackson
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yoga-books
I read this every morning.
Sandra
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this book, Judith Lassiter offers daily meditations and thoughts to structure practice in and off the mat. I’ve been working with this book for a few years. I’ve shared the meditations in this book with friends and coworkers as they sometimes are helpful for a situation or inspiring for a birthday or other auspicious times and events. I feel like this is one tool I use to anchor myself and I look forward to the gifts I find within the pages.
Alison
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book wasn't quite what I was expecting, but it was actually really nice, like a 'day' calendar where there's a thought, insight and even an 'action' for every day of the year. No images of people doing asanas or anything, but some really nice insights and thoughts.
Tiffany Mercer
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yogis. Non-yogis. Everyone should have this book in their home to go back to throughout life! Wonderful perspectives and affirmations!
Dusica
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this little book. Returning to it often!
Whitney Pittsenbarger
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is pretty cool. It gives you an intention for the day and it is very mindful. I do believe I will be buying this one and using it throughout many years.
Brindi Michele
LOVE THIS! I must purchase ASAP for the new year :)
Angela Boland
Basically, it’s a yoga devotional book. Every day of the year, Judith Hanson Lasater gives a short, maybe four-sentence meditation for you to ponder during your yoga practice or throughout your day. Since I’m trying to read as many books as I can for my “book fairy” library, I couldn’t take a year to complete it just now, sadly. I would recommend that you do so. Each thought stands well and fully on its own and in a short amount of time will give you so much to ponder. I kind of can’t stop talki ...more
Bonnie
Feb 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a gem that you can refer to on a daily basis. I am a Judith Lasater fan. In July I attended her Restorative Poses teacher training in San Francisco. She is a remarkable yoga teacher and a wonderful, intuitive, wise person. This book has a thought for each day of the year.

Here is the entry for February 12th:

Whatever you do, do it with an open heart.

LIVING YOUR YOGA: Maybe you agreed to do something but now you are wishing you hadn’t. If you do choose to follow through in the end, do so wi
Carrie Ridgeway
Oct 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: yoga
A good book to read a day at a time throughout the year if you are looking for a very short morning read. Personally, I am finding Mark Nepo/s The Book of Awakening: Having the Life You Want by Being Present to the Life You Have a deeper, but longer daily read.
Jul 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yoga-stuff
A wonderful collection of daily reminders to breathe, relax, and appreciate the important things in life. Yoga practitioners will enjoy keeping this one on their nightstands and teachers will enjoy sharing the words of wisdom with their students in class. Lasater truly knows what it means to 'live' yoga.
Em
Dec 30, 2010 rated it liked it
The book provides a yoga-related thought or focus for each day of the year which although a lovely idea, I found there were just too many days where I read the entry but was too busy or preoccupied to consciously apply it throughout the day.
Dawnie
Jul 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'm not quite finished with this yet (as it has a daily devotional), but I am really enjoying it. At least once a day I try to meditate and often I will reflect back on what I read that morning to get me started. Its very uplifting and I really enjoy where its taken me.
Nicolina Miller
Jan 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alwaysreading, own
This is a great daily inspiration book concerning yoga. Already, just using it for the last week, it helped set a meditative tone to my day and give me something to focus on either in my practice or my daily life. I'm looking forward to the rest of the year.
Wendy
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just got this book today and read half already even though its supposed to take a year. It is not so much a yoga book as a life book..how to make each day better by changing our attitude and our response to external factors.
Annie
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lovely little inspirational thoughts for each day. Perfect for even the busiest of mornings.
Sally
Sep 14, 2007 is currently reading it
two sentence daily reads, to uplift your daily experiences
Cherie
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
A A great find in Blossoms Bookstore in Bangalore. A great thing to place on your altar; you have a reflection for every single day to ponder.
DrJenni
Jan 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wonderful quips to keep you going throughout the day/s. One that I will come back to again, I'm sure.
Barbara Ginsberg
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read long ago and picked back up again about two years ago to read again. It's very good. Insightful. Delight to read.
Moira
Apr 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
So far, so awesome. Nice, succinct daily meditations for both on and off the mat. In its second annual rotation...
Charlane Brady
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
A pure gem.
Deborah
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: yoga
an excellent resource that I know I will be returning to years from now....
KP
Dec 28, 2008
Kris
Oct 01, 2014
Dec 03, 2014
  • The Secret Power of Yoga: A Woman's Guide to the Heart and Spirit of the Yoga Sutras
  • Yoga for Depression: A Compassionate Guide to Relieve Suffering Through Yoga
  • Yoga Mind, Body & Spirit: A Return to Wholeness
  • The Language Of Yoga: Complete A To Y Guide To Āsana Names, Sanskrit Terms, And Chants
  • Yoga Body, Buddha Mind
  • Yoga Tradition (REV Ed)
  • Yin Yoga: Outline of a Quiet Practice
  • Anatomy for Vinyasa Flow and Standing Poses
  • Yoga: the Path to Holistic Health
  • Yoga Beyond Belief: Insights to Awaken and Deepen Your Practice
  • The Woman's Book of Yoga and Health: A Lifelong Guide to Wellness
“Integrity is what you do when no one is looking.   LIVING YOUR YOGA: To practice yoga, telling the truth is not enough. We need to practice not lying. Today live with integrity by not lying to yourself about one important thing in your life.” 2 likes