Start by marking “Sweet Inspiration (Klaus Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Inspiration (Klaus Brothers, #1)

Sweet Inspiration

(Klaus Brothers #1)

Nicholas Klaus is a master pastry chef, a strict disciplinarian, and the eldest son of the legendary Santa Claus. One look at café owner Lucy Brewster sends him into an unexpected tailspin of lusty desires.
Published December 2nd 2009 by The Wild Rose Press (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Inspiration, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Inspiration

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
RATING 4.5 STARS

Penny Watson:

Sweet Inspiration is book one in the Klaus Brothers series by Penny Watson. I have only read one of Penny’s books previous to this, Apples Should Be Red, and I loved it, so I went in to this one pretty sure I would love it as well and I really did. This is such a sweet Christmas tale with an adult twist as we get to know the oldest of Santa Claus’s sons.

photo Chasing Multicolored Christmas Lights GIF_zpsqps8xrfq.gif

Nicholas Sebastian Klaus is the oldest of the five sons of St. Nick. Nicholas has taken a vacation and is in Eston, New York wh
Kathleen
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was a magical Christmas read that I will never forget.
Pam
3.5 magical stars
“Ich liebe dich von ganzem Herzen. I love you with all my heart.”

Sweet Inspiration is a sweet sexy tale of the eldest son of Santa Claus and how Lucy's sweet treats and unique style drew him in changing the course of his path forever. Nicholas is a Master Baker and Lucy's delectable sugar cookies fired up his tastebuds as well as his lusty desires. Lucy and Nicholas are both dedicated to their work, putting everything into their business. While Lucy is happy with where she i
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
4 'he can kiss all my freckles' stars!

This is such a fun, romantic, steamy take on the legend of Santa Claus and Christmas, and anyone looking for a feel good holiday read need look no further.

Blurb...

What if the legend of Santa Claus is in fact, true? What if Santa has five big strapping sons who help him run his empire? Five single, sexy sons looking for romance... Nicholas Klaus is a master pastry chef, a strict disciplinarian, and the eldest son of the legendary Santa Claus. One look at caf
♡Karlyn P♡
A great romantic holiday fantasy story! This is a magic filled make believe tale of destined lovers getting a little help by Santa's elves. A great combination of both naughty and nice made for an enjoyable holiday read. Can't wait for the rest of the brothers to get their own books, cause I want to party some more with the naughty elves at Dags bar!
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
4 STARS

I quite enjoyed this one! Super sexy, funny with a fantasy twist, I love Penny Watson!
Makes you really wish Santa existed. :)
K.
Nov 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
3.5+*- "Sweet Inspiration" by Penny Watson - Very good showing for a first book. :)

This was a pretty cute Christmas story with a twist on the whole life and legend of Santa Claus. Nicholas Klaus is the oldest son of . . . yup - Santa and Mrs. Klaus. As the oldest of five sons, Nicholas is set to take over the job of Santa upon his retirement. Only problem is, he's more keen on running the fabulous "Glasdorf" (a/k/a North Pole) bakery (more like a factory than a small town shop) than becoming the
Katie(babs)
Dec 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Penny Watson’s Sweet Inspiration is chock full of Christmas cheer. This is an adorable, sexy story that should be wrapped in a big red bow and given to any reader as a present. Penny takes the Santa Claus myth and gives is a nice sexy twist where Santa is jolly, but not with a belly that looks like it’s filled with jelly. Nick Sr. has five strapping sons who would make any woman swoon. The first in what looks to be an annual holiday series showcases Santa’s eldest son, Nicholas, last name Klaus, ...more
Laura (Kyahgirl)
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Skip this. Read Apples Should Be Red by Penny Watson
ALPHAreader
Dec 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
‘Sweet Inspiration’ is the first e-book in a Christmas romance series from Penny Watson. The series is contemporary romance and based around the sons of St. Nicholas. . . Santa! There are five sons in the rambunctious Klaus family, and ‘Inspiration’ is the story of Nicholas Klaus, Jr.

Nicholas is the North Pole’s master baker – he runs a very efficient bakery called Klaus Küche, with the help of his elfin employees. But Nicholas is expected to follow in his father’s footsteps and don the red-suit
kari
Jan 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010
In a word---delicious!
Okay, I really just had to say that and reading this made me hungry!!!
This first installment about Santa's five sexy bearded sons was a treat to read. I really will stop now with the edible words.
The relationship between Nicholas and Lucy takes off from the moment he rescues her gingerbread cookies and takes many turns along the way. Both characters are well-drawn and I hoped they would each get their happily ever after. I liked the twists on the legend of Santa Claus and h
Kate
I don't usually give up on books, but this was just so awful. The writing was bad, the plot was bad, the characters were idiots... need I go on?

I can get over crappy writing if the store is good (Wicked, anyone?), but this only had an interesting summary going for it. I also don't like it when books will make a big reveal to the reader first (IE Santa/North Pole are real), and then make the main character play dumb for half the novel until they realize what is going on (Lucy). It is like, yeah,
Stacie
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was surprisingly good to me. I actually loved it. This is a nice spin on the Santa Clause and North pole legends. This story is about Nicholas, Santa's eldest son and his heir apparent. Only Nicholas isn't all that thrilled with becoming Santa. He is a master chef and loves to cook. He is also extremely disciplined with himself. And even though he's not looking forward to becoming Santa, he knows it is duty to do so. He meets Lucy when he goes to her shop in a small town in New York to try ...more
Keri
I guess every once in awhile you need to read a book that can induce cavities because it is just so darn stick-to-the-roof-of-your mouth sweet and that is this book for me. Nick Jr. is the son of the big man himself, Santa, Nick Sr. Nick Jr. is a master baker and currently dodging his duty to learn his role of becoming Santa. He has heard of a sugar cookies recipe that is to die for in a little town in New York. He finds himself facing the owner, a cute red-head with a big heart. He is convinced ...more
Darcy
I found this one to be an interesting take on the whole "Santa" mythology. I really liked that Lucy and Nick bonded over cooking, especially as their styles were so different. Each learned so much form the other.

Lucy's introduction to Nick's world was great! I liked seeing her wonder at this special place. It's just too bad that some bad apples ruined things for her causing her to run. I loved how Nick's family rallied around him so that he could have what he wanted most in life, Lucy and cooki
Mrs. Missive
Nov 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Okay, this book is a wonderful way to celebrate the holidays. This book is the definition of sweet. (Both in cookies and story) We are given a really cool look at the author's take on the "real" Mr. and Mrs. Klaus.

The eldest Klaus son is a fabu chef. He is traveling the globe to study his craft. He hears of the cookies that are raved about in New York as being the best sugar cookies ever. So he goes to taste the cookies and finds the red-headed chef to be much more appealing than anything she s
LAKristy
Very well written and edited stand-alone story with no cliffhanger.

This is the third book I've read from Penny Watson, and I'm officially a fan. Not many people, maybe no one else, could write about retirees, a lumberjack, and now the future Santa, with such earthy eroticism and make these tales sweet and utterly charming.

This story is filled with magic, fantasy and the spirit of Christmas in a way that's sentimental and respectful, but for me, wasn't cloying or saccharine -- I guess the sweet b
Kate's Corner
Santa Klaus is real. Yeppers I'm not frigging joking he has 5 strapping, huge sons who are all looking for love. Klaus Enterprises is run by the family each have their own job to do. The brothers are Nicholas, Gregor, Sven, Wolfgang and Oscar.

Nicholas loves to bake and it is his passion unfortunately he is to take over for his father, ah not really a good idea has he is a bit of a stickler. He is obsessed with Lucy Anne's cookies. They meet, he whisks her away to Glasdorf and the North Pole and
Barbara
Nov 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
What a great story! I laughed and cried from the sweetness of these characters. I'm a sucker for a good holiday romance and this is it. Nicholas is charming, loyal, sexy and knows his way around a kitchen... the perfect Mr. Right!

I fell in love with the entire Klaus family. I can't wait to read the rest of the series about the Klaus brothers.

"Sweet Inspiration" is a really good holiday read! Highly recommended.
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
I was looking for Christmas story and it's exactly what I got. Weirdly though, it made me uncomfortable, hahahahaha. Just hard to imagine Santa (even though it was his son) and sex together. It was definitely a different type of read for me though. Elves, and the North Pole, and magic. I liked it enough. I don't know, sometimes, I'd be reading a hot scene though and I would think, this is going on in the North Pole? Rofl.....
Heather in FL
Nov 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-i-own-it
This was such a great holiday story. I loved the concept that Santa is real and he has five sons. And I loved the solution everyone came up with. I don't want to give anything away, but there's an HEA and that always makes me very happy. Especially in this case. Such a cute couple. I want them as best friends so they'll cook me whatever I want, lol!
Notorious Book Tease
Sweet Holiday Romance

Santa is real! Lucy gets the shock of her life in the instalove, tooth achingly sweet book. Since I love those things in a romance novel, this was perfect for me. It’s November so I’m ready to get in the Christi spirit and this book helped!
Shanna Matheo
It was alright. Sweet, cute and sometimes even kind of funny. I'm pretty sure I would have rated this with 4 stars had I read it during the holiday season. Tricksy Penny Watsonses...
Charlene
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, sweet and predictable...but a fun Christmas read about the Klaus family. Who knew Santa's son could talk dirty?

4 ★
Christine
Dec 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
This was a cute, quick read. It's just the kind of story of which your enjoyment is highly dependent upon your mood at the time you read it. If you're looking for some light fluff, something sweet and relatively simple, this will fit the bill perfectly. If you're looking for intricate world building with character development that evolves as the story progresses, you should probably look elsewhere.

For what it is, it's pretty well done. Sure, there were moments of eye-roll inducing dialogue and m
Stella
Dec 03, 2010 rated it liked it
From the moment I read the premise I was intrigued. I mean who doesn't want to read about a sporty hunk Santa and his 5 grown up gorgeous sons? I was instantly curious about Penny Watson's original approach to the holiday legend and I can say it was utterly charming. As soon as I started reading the novel the festive athmosphere enveloped me: I could smell baking cinnamon cookies, see the snowy streets lit with Christmas lights and feel the holiday spirit.

I didn't find Lucy a heroine I could un
Gaby
Nov 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Posted at http://oh-my-books.blogspot.com/2010/...

Nicholas Klaus is the eldest son and destined to be the next Santa. But his real love is baking. He's an excellent chef, and while looking for new flavors and recipes, he found Sweet Inspiration bakery.

Lucy is the owner of Sweet Inspiration. She loves and enjoys to bake, and her cookies are the best. She is very sweet and cute, but also lonely. But when she sees Nicholas at her store, it's love at first sight.

Both felt in love instantly, but it w
Maria Rose
What a delightful holiday romp! I was totally enchanted with this sometimes over the top but always fun and flirty Christmas 'What if' story? What if Santa lived in a North Pole town and had some strapping young lumberjack type sons looking for wives? What if one of them happened to be a chef, who becomes entranced with a woman running her own bakery in our world? And What if he rescues her from an accident and has to carry her off to a castle full of magic and elves and Christmas cookies?

I seri
Shannon
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Celebrating Christmas in July, I binged, not purged, on Penny's deliciously hot, yet quirktastically sweet twist on a traditional holiday tale. After reading Sweet Inspiration, I felt inspired. I wanted to bundle up, build a fire and make=eat ALL THE COOKIES. EVER. And decorate. And find my very own Nicholas Klaus.

Oldest brother of five, apparent heir to his father's (SANTA!) throne, culinary genius and bearded hottie, Nicholas is, as all Watson's leading men, a larger-than-life OMEGA hero, not
Taryn Elliott
Dec 05, 2011 added it
Shelves: sweet
I enjoyed this. It was a little on the sugar-sweet end for me to get all the way to 4 stars. I think that's just a matter of personal...well, taste to be completely honest.

The world Mz. Watson created was amazing. The elves and the history of Christmas was well done. Even the descriptions of the magic and the setting really filled me with a sense of wonder. I just wish it had been a bit more on the 'show' end, then telling us everything when it came to the couple.

Lucy swallowed the fantastical

• Jingle All The Way
  • Dating Mr. December
  • The Naughty List
  • Under the Mistletoe
  • A Marine for Christmas (Diamond Dust Trilogy, #1)
  • A Highlander Christmas
  • So This Is Christmas (Includes: The Protectors, #19)
  • The Bite Before Christmas
  • Holly Lane (Destiny, #4)
  • A Very Merry Christmas
  • My Christmas Wish
  • Red Hot Santa
  • Gift-Wrapped Governess: Christmas at Blackhaven Castle / Governess to Christmas Bride / Duchess by Christmas
PENNY WATSON is a dachshund-lover, botanist, and award-winning author of quirky fiction. Titles include THE KLAUS BROTHERS SERIES, LUMBERJACK IN LOVE, APPLES SHOULD BE RED (finalist for the CoRWA Award of Excellence), and A TASTE OF HEAVEN (winner of 2016 National Excellence in Romance Fiction Award).

She lives with her Filipino-American family outside of Boston.

See updates at www.pennyromance.com.

Klaus Brothers (5 books)
  • Sweet Magik (Klaus Brothers, #2)
  • Sweet Adventure (Klaus Brothers, #3)
  • Sweet Cinderella  (The Klaus Brothers, #4)
  • Sweet Destiny (Klaus Brothers #5)