Start by marking “The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse: A Breakthrough Program for Connecting with Your Soul's Deepest Purpose” as Want to Read:

In The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse, Debbie Ford delivers her most practical and prescriptive book yet —a 21–day, life-changing program for spiritual renewal, emotional transformation, and reconnection with the soul’s deepest purpose. Ford, the New York Times bestselling author of Why Good People Do Bad Things, offers a unique program designed to clear our minds and hearts from the negative t ...more
Published September 15th 2009 by HarperOne (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse

Gail
Apr 22, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the idea of this book - the idea of a detox of one's mind. As I started reading it, however, I wasn't so sure - there was a lot of meaningless new-age type jargon, and it was very repetitive. I kept reading, though, because I wanted to actually see what the 21-day cleanse entailed. There was a lot of jargon-y psychobabble to wade through first - the cleanse didn't start until 37% of the way through the book.

I had mixed feelings about the instructions in the 21-day-clea
Latiffany
Jan 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
I promised myself that I would stay away from self help books in 2012. I read about a half dozen in 2011 and after awhile they all began to sound the same. I read the 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse because I thought it would be a great way to start the year. It wasn't. I was incredibly bored with the first 84 pages or so. Finally, Ford started with the cleanse. The exercises didn't appeal to me. I will admit that I am not in a space in my life where I want to look back. I've made my peace with the ...more
Isabella Ellis
Dec 07, 2012 rated it did not like it
Good Lord. I was 50% into the book (according to my kindle app) before the cleanse even started. If a person needs that much "prep" before even starting to read the actual cleanse, they probably aren't ready for a cleanse. Isn't the point clearing your mind, not adding a bunch of drivel to it? I'm very much a cut the fat kind of person, so this book was like an incredibly cheap cut of meat. I returned it.
Laurie
Jul 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book had some great exercises that really helped me focus on what is important to me and how I want to live my life. My favorite day was a ritual that Debbie shared for letting go of the past and forgiving myself.

It was a little bit too long for me. I did fine until about Day 17. Still I would highly recommend it.
Gracie Keeling
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
The majority of this book is about god. There's even one entire chapter on the author's son's bar mitzvah. The book had some neat concepts on the ego and a cute short story about a crab but then it got repeatitive and religious.
Andrea
Oct 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
A step-by-step approach to ridding yourself of negative and toxic thoughts, patterns, actions, beliefs, and whatever else is holding you back from being your most complete, with the help of what I call your Source and what Debbie calls God.

Her take on cleansing your consciousness of negativity is clear and meaningful, but her style may turn off some readers. For instance, heavy use of the language of addiction and recovery, taken from AA and such. Also, many formal prayers using "thou" and "thy
Janet
Oct 01, 2009 rated it it was ok
We all have a choice as to the level of consciousness we tune into each day that determines our experience of the world. This book attempts to assist with accessing deeper levels and accepting responsibility for yourself and your "happiness." Having already gone through the processes described (many times it feels like!), this was nothing new for me, but it was an excellent reminder to stay present and alive with love, joy and appreciation. The cleansing rituals were especially insightful, altho ...more
Reeny
Mar 23, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: health-weight
I didn't like this book. I began reading with a clear head, ready for the wisdom and guidance. This book was written by someone who has conquered addiction. I am very happy for her, but I think the the book was a little too religious. We all worship differently, and I don't appreciate being told how to do so. I felt the message she was conveying was that you could not succeed without all your faith in God. I think faith in yourself is enough.
Noelle
Jan 24, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As a psychotherapist I give this one a thumbs down. This book is great if you have a month of doing nothing but sitting around with no distractions and no life and would like to work on some deep rooted issues.
Shannon Duskie
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I like how the 21 days is broken up into 3 parts. The past, the present & the future. I loved the concept of the book and do feel that it served its purpose - to live at a higher level of consciousness!
Andrea
Mar 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual

Debbie Ford writes another brilliant plan for a spiritual cleansing. It is time to live our lives to our fullest potential. The 21 day cleanse will help clear out all the emotional and psychological clutter that we have accumulated in our lives up until this point. Now that I have read this entire program I am ready to buy the book and follow through on the plans. I have followed and experienced great benefits from one of Debbie's previous books; "
The Dark Side of the Light Chasers" The Dark Side of the Light Chasers by Debbie Ford so I am ready to take another step in order to live from my highest potential. What a wonderful revelation! If we were all doing this an amazing change would take place in the world. I really believe in this. This is not about a religion, it is a way of living that sets you free.
Pranada Comtois
May 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Ms. Ford has genuine gems in places throughout the book with lots of tips and suggestions, but I don't see how an individual can tackle everything she proposes in 21 days. The first six chapters set the stage for a practice she suggests. Debbie calls this cleanse a "game." I suppose word usage can help trick the mind.

The first six chapters

Preparing for the Game
The Promise
The Process
The Preparation
The Practice
The Tools

Once this groundwork then book is broken into The Past, The Present, The Future over 21 days. So you're applying her ideas to times in your life.

I didn't do the 2
Dave Zebian
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is a deep voyage within our deepest essence, to experience, navigate and explore, every little detail facilitating the process of working out in a really practical way, making a profound makeup, an intimate maintenance to connect with our higher self, giving much emphasis to the spiritual side that remains and transcend any material, temporary physical stage, nothing substitute the need to have our own experience, no one can evolve for us and that death doesn't change anyone..
You only
Spaka Eon
I followed the cleaning up to day 8. I like questions in the exercises that made me think about the past. I picked up the book because I thought it’s great to detox your mind and find why some bad behaviors that I like to walk away from as an adult keep coming back. Then book turned very cultish, but out of curiosity I kept reading it without following the exercises. Up until day 8 I kept taking words about God and divine in the way that it’s within each person and there no need to look further ...more
Chrissy Connor
Personally I'm surprised I made it through the 47% prep. I did the book through Day 4. I have been on a spiritual journey since joining a 12 step program 8 years ago. Perhaps if I would have picked the book up 6-8 years ago it may have been more useful to me. It concerned me that day 2 you were jumping into an inventory of your life. When I joined my fellowship there were steps that proceeded my inventory that were vital to my survival! I also read the closing. There are very good points and tip ...more
Ella Roberts
I read this book a few days after turning 25 and I can definitely say that it contributed to a 180 degree shift in perspective over a 90 day period, I would definitely recommend it especially because the author shares her inspiring experiences. I will also credit this book with introducing me to the serenity prayer, which has been the source of my sanity on many an occasion.
Genevra
not sure if i will tackle this in my self help binge, it seems awfully dense for 21 days especially for someone with a 4 year old and a full time job, i 'm waiting for her book on spiritual divorce to come from the library
Yvonne
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed-scanned
Exercises for examining your life. I learned a lot from Debbie Ford's book, THE DARK SIDE OF THE LIGHT CHASERS. But this one doesn't call me, so I don't need another such book right now or I don't need this one.
Lisanigro
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love me some Debbie Ford! This was a great read and a great practice. Try it out!
Carol
Sep 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
Another book to explore my inner soul ... a journey of reflection with daily reading and exercises. Part of my spiritual and creative journey
Claudine Beeson
Feb 24, 2010 rated it it was ok
Eh, so book started out really good. Unless you plan on doing the daily work with this, not such a great read. Good concepts to take away but only the beginning and the book resonated with me.
Lesley
Jul 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Starting today... sounds a little cheesy, but I'm goingto try it!
Janice
Oct 12, 2009 is currently reading it
Starting this today, it looks really good! The preperation is the first 76 Pages, so that will take me a day or 2 to get through. I will let you know how it went at the end of 21-23 days!!
Zoeniete Vega
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is inspirational and informative. This was one of the first books I read before my walk with God began. I encourage those that are new to their walk with God to read this book.
Feb 26, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great idea but I didn't resonate with all if the practices in it. Definitely worth a shot though if you feel your life and brain are messy, like I did when I started this.
Doan
Sep 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
I wanted to like it but i didn't.
Ana Maria
Dec 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Currently on Day 17 and I absolutely LOVE it.
Brenda Grizzle
Oct 03, 2009 is currently reading it
Love Debbie Ford's books. Very helpful.
Chandra Caldwell
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow.
Debbie Welsh
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Still working on this one....great process book.

• The Healer's Manual: A Beginner's Guide to Energy Healing for Yourself and Others
  • Soul Coaching: 28 Days to Discover Your Authentic Self
  • The Power of Rest: Why Sleep Alone Is Not Enough. A 30-Day Plan to Reset Your Body
  • Your Heart's Desire: Instructions for Creating the Life You Really Want
  • Power Thoughts
  • Being In Balance: 9 Principles for Creating Habits to Match Your Desires
  • The Art of Extreme Self-Care: Transform Your Life One Month at a Time
  • Happier Than God: Turn Ordinary Life into an Extraordinary Experience
  • Energy Addict: 101 Physical, Mental, and Spiritual Ways to Energize Your Life
  • Meditation Secrets for Women: Discovering Your Passion, Pleasure, and Inner Peace
  • The Translucent Revolution: How People Just Like You Are Waking Up and Changing the World
  • The Body Sacred
  • How Then, Shall We Live?: Four Simple Questions That Reveal the Beauty and Meaning of Our Lives
  • Who Would You Be Without Your Story?: Dialogues with Byron Katie
  • A Course In Weight Loss: 21 Spiritual Lessons for Surrendering Your Weight Forever
  • Sacred Woman: A Guide to Healing the Feminine Body, Mind, and Spirit
  • Losing Control, Finding Serenity
  • Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation
Debbie Ford was an American author of self-help books. Her first book, "The Dark Side Of The Light Chasers", spawned eight more books in the genre and dealt with confronting one's "dark side" rather than ignoring it. Ford also hosted television and radio shows related to her books.

She passed away due to complications from cancer in 2013.
“You are designed to reinvent and re-create yourself, over and over again. And, you are here—whether you want to acknowledge it or not; whether you even know it or not—for the evolution of your own soul.” 8 likes
“By nature, your soul is soft, gentle, loving and kind. It is forgiving, peaceful, and humble. Confident and comforting in times of despair, your soul is strong, focused, and determined in the mission called life.” 6 likes