Start by marking “Joy Ride” as Want to Read:
Joy Ride

Read Book

Joy Ride

3.23  ·  Rating details ·  399 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Mack puts up with Brad’s flirtatious banter because he doesn’t think there’s anything serious about it. But when Brad goads him into a race, Mack takes the opportunity to find out just how far the younger biker will go when they’re finally alone.

NOTE: This story appears in my collection, SHORTS.
Published August 11th 2009 by JMS Books LLC (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Joy Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Joy Ride

Jan 13, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommended to Lily by: Free story from JM Snyder's site
This is another free short story, although the PDF shows 28 pages the story itself is only 17 pages, offered by J.M. Snyder. It's the story of a sexy afternoon encounter between Mack and Brad. They are seemingly very different, Mack is close to 15 years older, a big leather wearing Harley rider and Brad is a cute flirt who rides a Kawasaki instead of a real motorcycle.

When Brad's usual flirting and teasing turn into a challenge that Mack can't turn down the guys head off on a ride that ends in a
Aug 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my book so I won't review it.
Mar 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Free short story (28 pages) centred around a flirtation between a cute boy on a Kawasaki and an older biker on a Harley. The younger man flirts, the older man eventually takes the bait, a bit of a bike 'chase' then ending with some sex-on-the-harley. Not bad for a really quick read.
Sep 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Very short, but hot and the characters were vividly drawn and stayed with me.
lesley dawn wallace
Joy ride

Joy ride is a really great read it's fun an really playful it's a must read it maybe short but it's great
Jan 23, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
This is a freebie you can get at All Romance Ebooks. Free is always good. Mack drives a Harley, typical biker dude but young Brad drives a Japanese bike and has been teasing Mack for weeks with suggestive comments. Finally he goads Mack into a "race" where Mack decides to see if Brad is ready to put his money where his mouth is. There is a some fun on a Harley in the country and then the question is was Brad just after a one-off or could there be more. So just a little short about teasing and fl ...more
Brad, a younger guy on a Kawasaki, and Mack, an older guy in leather on a Harley. Brad keeps flirting with Mack, and trying to goad him into a race. Mack is attracted to him, but is not sure if Brad is serious with his flirtations.

Brad finally succeeds in goading Mack into a race, which ends with (view spoiler).
Not sure what this was supposed to be. I thought it was going to be an erotic short. But the sex wasn't very explicit or raunchy or graphic. Basically it didn't have what you would expect from an erotic short.
It was ok but I wish the sex was better.

And who the Heck wear shiny red tight bicycle shorts on a motorcycle? Especially if that person is a guy?!
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gay, gay-erotica
This is a little erotic short story among bikers which focuses much more on the foreplay than on the actual sex scene.
Other reviewers are disappointed by this, I am not.
That said, to make this story more deep and interesting, a little more attention to psychological transitions would have been needed. As it it the story is no more than nice.
Fun ride, hot, funny, cute gay romance.

Visit me at Sweet Vernal Zephyr for my LONG reviews, and eye candy too! :D
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Mar 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, freebies, ebook
This was a sexy little quickie about a Harley biker guy and a younger crotch rocket rider. The flirting and teasing is fun and the sex is hot. I had a hard time picturing Brad riding in bicycle shorts, but I enjoyed the rest of the story just fine.
Sep 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Joy Ride was, well, a joy ride and joy to read. I am a huge JMS fan. Her dialogue flows so naturally between the characters that there is never a moment where I have felt it sounds contrived or not true to that specific person. I have read a lot of her books and have yet to be let down.
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
I expected something a little...grittier(?) from this; it could be the biker thing. It was just Meh for me, honestly. I didn't even really connect with the characters which isn't usually an issue for me, even with short reads. I dont see myself reading this again.
Sep 25, 2011 rated it liked it
This was an interesting short story about a young man who is interested in a rough biker. There really wasn't a developed plot, just the young boy courting the older biker. It didn't take much for the biker to concede.
The UHQ Nasanta
2.5 - 3 stars

Not a huge motorcycle fan and the race felt a little too long for me. It was a cute, well-written short story. Brad was a cute, flirty young man, and Mack was fairly well-drawn as well.
Agent 99
Jul 08, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, m-m
This is a free e-book. Very quick read (18 pages) involving a hot m/m encounter on a harley.
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-challenge
Short and dirty little book. Loved it lol.
Oct 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-story, e-book, glbt
I am new to this genre, but this was exciting, fun and hot to read. I like this sample (mini short story).
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Just too damn short!
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
Apr 17, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
I give this 3 1/2 stars.

A hot little story. Two motocycle dudes, some teasing and a romp on a bike. A quick little enjoyable read that left you wanting more. hehehe
Really cute, sexy free short story about a young and older biker hooking up for some hot and wild sex on the bike. For a quickie this was really good, and the couple made me smile. 3.5 stars
Dakota Storm
Oct 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Very short...not usually into m/m but it was very sexy, sex on a Harley very hot ! Mack alpha sexy male Brad flirty and cute, great combo.
Shay Kassa
Sep 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
Short 'n' sexy; my kinda story.
A very short, fun, hot story involving hot men and motorbikes. What's not to like?

4,5 stars on the short story scale
3 in general
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
sexy, funny and short.... perfect!
Dec 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-rom-erotica, free
Great story, tension, characters and banter. The sex though...where the hell was the rest of that scene after the build-up? I liked this read, nonetheless.
Terry Wylis
Aug 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A racy romp with a great plot line and characters I could visualize. Already a re-read!
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
The banter was interesting, but this was essentially PWP.
A Short Story: A kind of boring, (for me at least) short story. The real fun is at the end of the bike race, were both motorcyclists come up winning on a Harley Davidson.
  • Bourbon Affair (Pentacles of Magick #2.5)
  • Caffeine for a Marine
  • Test of Faith
  • On Fire (On Fire, #1)
  • You and a Billion Blue Tiles
  • Copping a Sweetest Day Feel
  • Gregori's Ghost
  • Saving Noah
  • Deliberately Bound (Bound, #3.5)
  • Rough Draft
  • Man Candy (Candy, #1)
  • The Good Doctor
  • Stealing West
  • Finding Chandler (Solitary Knights of Pelham Bay, #1)
  • Nineteen
  • Lions and Tigers and Snares
  • Alec's Reward
  • The Santa Mug
An author of gay erotic/romantic fiction, J.M. Snyder began in self-publishing and worked with Amber Allure, Aspen Mountain, eXcessica, and Torquere Presses.

Snyder's highly erotic short gay fiction has been published online at Amazon Shorts, Eros Monthly, Ruthie's Club, and Tit-Elation, as well as in anthologies by Alyson Books, Aspen Mountain, Cleis Press, eXcessica Publishing, Lethe Press, and R
More about J.M. Snyder...

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Judgment (Cassidy & Spenser, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Breathless
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Happened One Midnight (Pennyroyal Green, #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)