Start by marking “Divine By Blood (Partholon, #3)” as Want to Read:
Divine By Blood (Partholon, #3)

Divine By Blood

(Partholon #3)

Morrigan Christine Parker finds that turning 18 carries a heavy weight when you're the only daughter of Rhiannon MacCallan, disgraced high priestess to the goddess Epona, in Cast's down-home follow-up to 2006's Divine by Choice. After Rhiannon betrayed Epona, the goddess bestowed her favor on Rhiannon's look-alike, Shannon Parker. Rhiannon promised her allegiance to the ev ...more
Published August 28th 2007 by Luna Books

To ask other readers questions about Divine By Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divine By Blood

Anastasia シ
Oct 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommended to Anastasia by: Ana Carter
Shelves: 2012, favorites, own, authors-c
kinda slow

Edit: June 18, 2013
The first 2 novels in the series where more entertaining ....
Amanda Bien Aime
Nov 02, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
The good:
• Even though there were several sections in the middle where I almost gave up on Divine by Blood, I eventually managed to finish this book.
• The last few pages were cute and made me smile, though I must admit that the miracle didn’t exactly mesh with the pervious mythology explored in the series.

The bad:
• Morrigan, Divine by Blood’s main character, is extremely annoying and spoiled, especially after she arrives in Partholon. I can only read about a pampered priestess for so many page
Lori Whitwam
Jan 14, 2008 rated it it was ok
The third in the Partholon series by P.C. Cast. I gave the first one a four, the second a three, and this one a two. In this one, the "two Rhiannons," one in Partholon, one in Oklahoma, have both had daughters (on the same day, naturally). Morrigan grows up in Oklahoma, raised by Shannon's parents. At age 18, they tell her her heritage, and that it was the "real" Rhiannon, not Shannon, who had been her mother. Rhiannon had renounced the dark powers as she died giving birth to Morrigan, but the g ...more
Cindy
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love Shannon and ClanFintan but we hardly got to see them in this book. Morrigan was a bratty teenager who was hard to connect with. Not the best of the series by far.
Darcy
This time around we find that even with Clint's sacrifice Rhiannon managed to survive. With the help of the evil spirit that has been chasing her she breaks free and finds herself about ready to give birth. At the last minute Rhiannon finally does the right thing and rejects the evil to save her daughter at the expense of herself. With her dying words she asks the Native American men to take her daughter to Richard Parker her pseudo father. Back in the Partholon Shannon is giving birth to her ow ...more
Traci
This book is okay. It was decent enough that I could get through it by reading in my free time, but not good enough for me to watn to recommend it to a friend, either.

I'm not sure if it's because I read a lot of this author's stuff, but I'm finding that the protagonists are all the same. I know that's not something specific to this book, but after a while, I'd like to read something a little different. It was the same white, middle-class, I-love-lavender Oklahoma girl who "just feels different"
Gina
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads-2016
A wonderful continuation of this wonderful and unique story!!!! I thoroughly enjoyed the ride with all these fascinated charterers that I got so invested in and loved. I didn't know where the ending was going, but was pleasantly surprised!!! Great series!!!
Char
For my full review please visit my blog: From the Shadows I Review

This book isn't as bad as the previous effort in the series, although I'm not sure it's actually possible for a book to be that bad. Saying that though this book was screaming "edit me!" the whole time I was reading it. There are some pretty simple spelling and grammar issues (I think you mean 'very pleased' not 'well pleased'.) unless of course P.C. Cast wanted to come across as a chav (I'm not sure if there are chavs anywhere b
Emily
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
18 years after the events of Divine by Choice, Morrigan and Myrna have grown into lovely young ladies. Shannon is displeased that Myrna shows no signs of being the new goddess incarnate, Epona's Chosen. Morrigan, however, living with Shannon's parents in Oklahoma, and having no knowledge that her mother was Rhiannon instead of Shannon, finds that she can talk to stones. They call her the Light Bringer and want her to come harness her destiny in Parholon. Unfortunately, the Dark God Pryderi also ...more
Adriana
Jul 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The third entry into Partholon takes the story away from Shannon and focuses on Rihannon’s daughter, Morrigan. It’s time for the Oklahoma raised Chosen to head over to Partholon and embrace her destiny.
Morrigan is an excellent heir to Shannnon’s story. Though at times melodramatic, even for a teenager, her story is full of what any reader wants: intrigue, action, redemption, love, and a world that gets more real as the story progresses.
Old characters are back and given a chance to shine, while
Kimchi
May 18, 2008 rated it it was ok
I Love to be taken away to a place where the life breathes into you through its characters but this book did not do it for me. In the first book the goddess incarnate Shannon parker had three sons and a daughter who was special. In this book Her only child for twenty years not who i thought she would be and i was upset that the author took all the important character out of her book.

Also It kinda makes the wonderful books that came before this one seem tainted like she couldnt remember what she
ღஐღCielito Lindo
May 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
Beautiful book! It's a tragic thing that this series has come to an end, but it was beautiful from the beginning to end.

With this book in particular, however, I can say that there were only two things that I missed or didn't particularly like.

One: I can't say much without spoilers, but I will say there was too much of a certain thing for me and the fact that it happened in the span of about three chapters hurt just a little more.

Two: I missed the initial perspective of the first two books. Fo
Criss
Feb 15, 2010 rated it it was ok
This book, to me was not as good as the first two. It was still enjobable and the authors writing style stayed the same so it was fairly fast paced but I guess I got addicted to Shannon/Rhea and ClanFinten and there was not nearly enough of them in it for me. As far as the story goes it was interesting and well written, but if you buy this book thinking you are going to read more into the lives of Shannon and ClanFinten you are going to be disappointed.
Brookanne
Dec 22, 2009 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this series, but I was disappointed with this book because it focuses more on the daughters than on the characters I really wanted to read about. I would have liked to read one more book about Shannon and Rhiannon and I think the stories of their daughters could have been a sequel series or some other sort of extension. That being said, Shannon is one of the funniest fantasy characters I have ever read about!
Lisa
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was by far the best of the three books. I couldn't put it down!
A page turner from start to finish. A very emotional book, I laughed,
I cried. I didn't want this book to end.

I think there could be so much more to be told. I hope one day P.C. Cast
will come back and revisit the characters and tell us what happens with
Rhea and ClanFintan, with Keagan and Morrigan.

Fantastic series, I highly recommend it.
Savanna Stevenson
The book was intersting but i love when the book went back and forth between the two worlds...but after a while I wanted to know more about what Shannon was going through when she lost her daughter to childbirth...even though i know the book wasn't all about shannon and it was about morrigan it would have been interesting to know more about what was going on.
Brittany
I had decided to reread some of my favorite series from P.C. Cast. In this book we get Morrigan's story. She is the daughter of Rhiannon the disgraced Chosen. I enjoyed the glimpse of Shannon's life now. I enjoyed it a great deal.
Andrena
Feb 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I liked this series alot... The first and second Divine books were much better then this one im not exactly sure but i think i just missed shannon in this one..
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
(This review may contain spoilers).

While I did enjoy this book and found it read better than the second in this series, I did find it somewhat harder to read at times due to a constant switching between first person POV and third.

I found it easy to care about Morrigan and how she felt like she didn't fit in, even though those kinds of feelings are a common trope in young adult books. I did enjoy seeing her relationship with her grandparents and even though she had a mother who made some really b
Jess F. (From Me to You ... Book Reviews)
"3.5 out of 5 stars. It could be because this is the first book out of this series that I’ve read, even though Ms. Cast has stated that she’s made each novel from this series able to stand alone if need-be, but if I hadn’t liked the House of Night series so much I would have probably stopped this book without finishing it. I say that since the book is divided into parts and the prologue and the first part/section I had to force myself through it was so slow. But thankfully..."

Read more of my rev
Georgie
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
An emotion filled series that you can’t put down! I first read this series when I was in senior school, now rereading them as an adult I still have much love for them. Being able to fully connect with a character in a fictional world is a fantastic feeling, especially when the story line goes so far as to having mythical creatures in it. Writing a wonderful fictional novel series about a belief and/ or religion is one thing, but to put it in an unworldly Greek inspired fantasy is another! You ca ...more
Amy
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Did not like this much. I felt that the story should have ended after the second one and this story did not need to be told. I did not connect to Morrigan at all and i only felt for the character in the last few chapters but aside from that, I did not like her. I felt that the Shannon side of the story was dropped for too long, I would have liked to know about how the tragedy affected her and Clanfintan before the end of the book. The book didn't really sink in for me and I don't remember much o ...more
Ana
Jun 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Unfortunately, the main character is a spoiled "princess" who was told she was special since she was a kid and this spoiled any enjoyment I could have drawn from this light read. I'm also a bit appaled at the ease these people change partners in the different worlds just because. I do understand that they are basically different versions of the same men and women, but ultimately they ARE different people that live in different worlds. Really hard to believe in any depth of emotion.
At least I pu
Shirley Bigham
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it
While the third book was not quite as good as the first two it did tie up a lot of loose ends and it’s definitely worth the read. PC cast is again entertaining with her wordage. For anyone who likes a little bit of supernatural I would definitely recommend this three book series
Andrea
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked the story but I had a hard time with the 18yr old brat.
It also took many months and many books in between to get back to it because I’d lost interest in the book early on. Glad I did finish it though.
Natasha
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
I love this series. This book did seem to drag quite a bit before any climatic moments happened, which was pretty much towards the end. The world of Patholon pulls you in and it's hard to have to say goodbye to such beloved characters.
Joyce
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
***SPOILER***

Morrigan was annoying. She would do something totally bitchy and then just apologize for it like that justified her actions. Yes, I know she was being haunted by darkness but her grandparents already told her about said darkness. They gave her a heads up about and when it came she still acted clueless like she never knew about it. When someone tried to tell her that it was starting to consume her, she left the room and didn't perform a ritual. Later on she felt bad about it and I fe
Tulika Singh
Oct 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Although this one was part of a series it made for an okay stand alone read. I was longing for a fantasy read and this one worked fine for me. The end, however, left me disappointed. It was hurried and contrived and didn't make much sense at all.
Aurora
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not as good as the previous books in this series, however all lose ends have been tied and therefore I am satisfied.
Tan
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Meh
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• In Stone's Clasp (Final Dance, #2)
  • High Stakes & Hunted (Vampire Beach, #5-6)
  • The Destined Queen (Umbria, #2)
  • House of Night #3 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)
  • Sorceress of Faith (The Summoning #2)
  • The Fire Opal (Lost Continent, #4)
  • Heart of Valor (Wildworld, #2)
  • Blacklisted (Young Adult Alien Huntress, #2)
  • Silver's Bane (Shadowlands #2)
  • Seized (The Pipe Woman Chronicles #1)
  • Red Demon (Gods of Midnight, #3)
  • Divine One (Sisters of Isis, #2)
  • For Camelot's Honor (The Paths to Camelot, #2)
PC was born in the Midwest, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school, she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. After her tour in the USAF, she taught high school for 15 years before retiring to write full time. PC is a #1 ...more

Partholon (5 books)
  • Divine By Mistake (Partholon, #1)
  • Divine By Choice (Partholon, #2)
  • Elphame's Choice (Partholon, #4)
  • Brighid's Quest (Partholon, #5)
“Over Kyle's shoulder she could see grandpa, looking like a cross between a grizzly bear and a giant pissed-off blowfish.” 11 likes
“Morrigan "Don't worry I'm following my instincts."
Birkita "Perhaps you could find a way to prudently follow your instincts"
Morrigan "I'm eighteen, nothing I do is prudent”
11 likes