Start by marking “I Heart Hollywood (I Heart, #2)” as Want to Read:
I Heart Hollywood (I Heart, #2)

I Heart Hollywood

(I Heart #2)

Celebs, sunshine and beautiful boys!enough to lead a girl astray? Angela Clark can't believe her luck! she's an English girl living in New York with a dream job at hip magazine The Look and a sexy boyfriend. Her latest assignment takes her to Hollywood to interview hot actor and fellow Brit James Jacobs.Thrown in at the deep end she heads west with best friend Jenny ...more
Published December 1st 2009 by HarperCollins Publishers

Start your review of I Heart Hollywood (I Heart, #2)
Monica (crazy_4_books)
"Angela Clark's adventures on the west coast aren't as fun as her previous NYC ones"
(#2 book read for contemporary-a-thon weekend)
Second book syndrome? Yes, I'd say that since I'm 40 pages into the third book (I heart Paris) and seems more on the level of the first book (I heart NY).
The story line dragged on for a while, otherwise I would have finished in a day. The plot is quiet cheesy, "I heart NY" also had some cheesy segments but it was better. I think the problem here is the lack of
Chelsey
Aug 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Meh...
I am really enjoying this series as a whole, BUT... Angela hated Hollywood, so it is beyond me why the title is called "I Heart Hollywood."
What I liked:
- The blossoming romance between Alex and Angela. We are somewhat in the dark throughout the book about Alex's real feelings for Angela, but they are brought to light in the end. Which is what every girl dreams about!
- The fantasy of a hot, charming Hollywood movie star falling in "love" with you.

What I didn't like:
- I felt as if James
Mridu  aka Storypals
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read the review of this book here -
Elle's Book Blog
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chicklit
Release Date: January 7, 2010
Genre: Chick Lit

I really love this series. It reminds me of the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella as it has the same amount of drama and hijinks. Angela, the heroine, is a girl after my own heart and following her on these adventures to places unknown (to her anyways) is always so much fun. In this one, readers will follow Angela to Hollywood as she has a very important job of interviewing a hot celebrity. Unfortunately for Angela, what should have been a
Myrna
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lighthearted funny read.
Love Fool
Apr 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Angela Clark can't believe her luck - she's an English girl living in New York with a dream job and a sexy boyfriend. Her latest assignment takes her to Hollywood. Will the sun-drenched glamour of Hollywood win her heart?

I want to like these books more but maybe my cold heart is preventing me to. Maybe I lost my Peter Pan never grow up attitude and that's why I don't love these books. I just find part 1 and 2 of this series unrealistic to the point that it's not enjoyable. Part 5 was great and I
Caitlin
Sep 30, 2011 rated it did not like it
I don't get why this book is called I Heart Hollywood when all Angela does is talk about how much better New York is and how much LA sucks.

Also, Angela's just too self-centered and selfish for me to care about at all. She might be a realistic portrayal of some women but certainly not one I want to read about, much less root for. She calls her boyfriend a jerk just because he won't spend every moment with her on the phone. Yet she's romping around, getting drunk, treating her friend like dirt,
Elusive
Dec 25, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: review
In ‘I Heart Hollywood’, Angela goes to Los Angeles to interview a mysterious celebrity, James Jacobs after she is specifically chosen by him. Her friend Jenny tags along and together they drink a lot and have plenty of trouble involving men.

For real.

Once again, everything happens way too easily for Angela and almost the entire book is completely unrealistic. Suspension of disbelief close to a 100% will be required. All Angela does is get drunk repeatedly, waste tons of money on branded goods,
Luise
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's been 167 years since I read "I heart NY" and, as I forgot most of it, I couldn't entirely connect with the story. Especially the Alex-related bits were a bit problematic. In the beginning he's kind of described as the perfect guy. But as the story develops it became harder and harder to get how he's supposed to be "the one" - and how he "won" in the first book :D His different types of personality and behaviour and stuff just didn't feel consistent enough for me. There's a nice twist ...more
Rhian Eleri
Jul 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Angela's life gets more complicated in the second instalment of the I heart series. Her work takes her to hollywood this time where she finds herself in a sticky situation involving a very famous (georgous) movie star! And some dodgy bar men! All the while trying to figure out whats going on in her boyfriends' brain all the way in New York.
I liked this but there was a few niggly things such as cliches' that were a little too much (they kind of worked in I Heart new york) and got a bit much
Lydia Laceby
Originally Reviewed at Novel Escapes

I thought I loved I Heart New York, but I’m pretty sure I loved this sequel even more! I Heart Hollywood was fast paced, equally, if not more hilarious and I couldn’t put this fabulous chick lit down.

This novel takes place in just over a week and it speeds along, including a twist I wasn’t expecting. It was laugh out loud funny and I couldn’t help but giggle frequently at Angela’s antics. She’s disheveled, a bit ditzy, and fully flawed, but completely lovable.
Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
Published: 01/12/2009
Author: Lindsey Kelk
Recommended for: fans of chick lit

I LOVE Lindsey Kelk! The 'I Heart' series is one of the best series that I have read. In this book we follow the main character of the series, Angela Clark to the wonderful land of Hollywood! She is join by her dreamy sexy boyfriend Alex Reid and her crazy funny best friend Jenny Lopez. The characters are amazing they are described so well that it feels like you actually know them, they are the kind of people that would
Kirsty
I didn't enjoy this book as much as I liked the first one. Most of Angela's time was spent complaining about how much she didn't like LA and how she wished she was back in New York with Alex. In the first book Angela developed a lot she began living by herself and really grew as a person but in this book she seemed to have reverted back to relying on other people. She couldn't even manage a week without Alex.

Alex was also really annoying in this book always jumping to conclusions and not
hristina
Aug 19, 2012 rated it did not like it
This book is a part of the series "I heart..." by Lindsey Kelk. I read the first book and I liked it. Way more than this one. It was more realistic and fun. It was fun to read about NYC, Angela's adventure and her struggling to find her way in this city. I think this sequel is bad. It was nice to read about her in the first book, but in this one no. There's this sentence in Caitlin's review which I totally agree with: "Angela's just too self-centered and selfish for me to care about at all. She ...more
Amanda
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was enjoyable and fun. My favorite part was when Alex and Angela were telling each other why they loved each other. Looking forward to the next book in the series.
Gina
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
** 4 NOT-SO-GLAMOROUS STARS! **

"It's really easy to say I love you, it's another altogether to explain why."

***

Even though Angela infuriates me with her being weak af around men and her fucking whack excuse of making poor decision, this is a fun story nonetheless. Jenny and Alex make it all okay.

It really is a fun, light, quick read to sink away in when you're in need of something with which you don't need to think too much.

For the rest I haven't got a lot to say about this!
Steph
Jul 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book.... has not aged well, if I'm being honest. I did not read it when it was originally released, so I'm reading it in the #metoo era of 2019 and some of it is just plain old ROUGH.

Spoilers below?

Honestly, by the end of the book, I found almost all the characters wholly unlikeable, including Angela. All she did was bitch about hating LA, so the title of "I heart Hollywood" is honestly kind of laughable.

Jenny Lopez is just... wow. . Her friendship with Angela is incredibly toxic for both
Bookevin
Nov 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Rating : 5/5

Celebs, sunshine and beautiful boys…enough to lead a girl astray?

Angela Clark can’t believe her luck… she’s an English girl living in New York with a dream job at hip magazine The Look and a sexy boyfriend.
Her latest assignment takes her to Hollywood to interview hot actor and fellow Brit James Jacobs.Thrown in at the deep end she heads west with best friend Jenny dreaming of Rodeo Drive and Malibu beach.
Soon Angela discovers that celebrity life in Hollywood is not all glamour, gloss
Nash Norden
Apr 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, chick-lit
Book Review: I Heart Hollywood @ai-books

I heart Hollywood is the second of three books in Lindsey Kelks I Heart series. I was hooked to read on Angela’s adventure after the first book, I Heart New York. Well, I did read the fourth book first. I guess, that lead me to wanting to read the rest of the series.

I liked James Jacob and his assistant, Blake from the very first start. The conversation between Angela and James was funny most of the time. Although, I have to say that Angela’s
Erin
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love the Angela Clark books, they are so hilarious. Angela is given the opportunity to fly to LA to interview movie star James Jacobs for the magazine The Look. Along the way (view spoiler) ...more
Elaine
Oct 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 3-stars
A quick and easy read. It is funny like I Heart New York but I didn't like it quite as much. A little frustrating at times (especially our heroine and her best friend Jenny). Things seem to just fall in their laps and all they do is complain and get drunk (mostly).The twist concerning James was good, but some of the characters, like Jenny and Angela, were not as likeable as in the first book. They have no freaking idea what they want, Angela doesn't know who she wants, what are they doing. I ...more
Jules
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Meh. This was not near as good as the first one. The first one had a great story that brought you in. This one didn’t have that. It definitely picked up in the middle and had its Lindsey Kelk wit and charm but it’s not my favourite. I really struggle with the idea of the series because I dislike the male main character. I’m rooting for the opposite of what I know is going to happen. I will likely read the next one but I’m not sold on the entire series and I usually love her books so much.
This book was so much fun. Kelk really knows how to put some hysterical drama in her plots. I am looking forward to the rest of the series.
Dalila.
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Its always something going on! Keeps it very interesting! Great read lots of action and fun I would recommend this book
Natallia
Nov 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Initially, I didn't realize that this was the second book in the series. It was just a book I borrowed from my younger sister. It didn't matter that much though that I haven't read the first book, as I got a general gist of what happened from this book.
It took me awhile to get into this book, probably because I didn't have an immediate connection with the characters since I didn't read the first book. As the book progressed I got more into the storyline even if it was predictable. Once I was
Natasha B
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was written 10 years ago and in some ways you can tell. I won’t go into details because it would be unnecessary spoilers for a major plot. A few things just didn’t sit right with me.
It was a fun, easy read (as one would expect from this series) but I didn’t enjoy it as much as the first. I’ll still give the next book in the series a go because these are a bit like a palette cleanse for me!
Emandherbooks
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series and I loved it even more than the first one.

Now that we know Angela better and her friends/boyfriends/editor/mum etc. I feel a much better connection and interest in the storyline.

When you feel invested you know it’s good writing.

It is so fun and easy going to read, like a breath of fresh air.

Would recommend if you typically enjoy this genre!
Kizzy Storr
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
A great read to continue the adventures of Angela, I really like the characters in this series. Anglea is so dippy at time it make you literally laugh out loud. A very easy read that doesn't need much thinking about.
Jana
Jun 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fashion, 2018-reads
I can't even finish this book. The characters and story got worse as it went on. I just wanted to bang all the character's heads together ffs. I'm out.
Tracey Harrison
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The further adventures of Angela & co. So easy to read and pull you in. Always a well written story with plausible events!
Next onto I heart Paris!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Chick Lit Book Club: Series "I Heart" #2: I Heart Hollywood 21 85 Mar 24, 2013 06:43PM

• Johnny Be Good (Johnny Be Good, #1)
  • Wilde Women
  • If You Could Go Anywhere
  • It Started With A Kiss
  • Pictures of Lily
  • My Single Friend
  • The Longest Holiday
  • Wilde About The Girl (Robin Wilde #2)
  • All The Single Ladies
  • Twenties Girl
  • Five Years From Now
  • Lucy in the Sky
  • Chasing Daisy
  • One Perfect Christmas and Other Stories
  • One Perfect Summer (One Perfect #1)
  • Our Stop
  • Thirteen Weddings
  • Welcome to My World
Bestselling British author based in Los Angeles. Lover of books, watcher of wrestling, wearer of lipstick. Karaoke enthusiast and cat wrangler. Lindsey is the author of twelve novels, including the bestselling I Heart series, About a Girl, The Single Girl’s To-Do List and Always the Bridesmaid.

I Heart (8 books)
  • I Heart New York (I Heart, #1)
  • I Heart Paris (I Heart, #3)
  • I Heart Vegas (I Heart, #4)
  • I Heart London (I Heart, #5)
  • I Heart Christmas (I Heart, #6)
  • I Heart Forever (I Heart Series, Book 7)
  • I Heart Hawaii (I Heart Series, Book 8)
“I love you because you always have a T-shirt under your pillow for me, even if you don't know I'm coming to stay. I love you because you know I want sugar in my tea in the morning but not at night and because you always pretend you forgot I wanted a skinny hot chocolate in Starbucks because you know I really prefer full fat but don't like to order it in case the girl behind the counter thinks I'm fat.'
Alex started to smile. So I carried on.”
15 likes
“Why do you love me, Angela?'
Arsehole. Turning my question back on myself. 'Why do I love you?'
'It's really easy to say I love you, it's another altogether to explain why,' he said.”
6 likes