Start by marking “Paula Deen Celebrates!: Best Dishes and Best Wishes for the Best Times of Your Life” as Want to Read:

Beloved Food Network personality, restaurateur, and author Paula Deen loves a party, and in her latest book, Paula Deen Celebrates!, Paula shares with fans old and new how she celebrates a year's worth of holidays and special occasions.

Now anyone can share in the down-home celebrations Paula, her husband, Michael, their kids, and extended family enjoy at their beautiful
Published October 10th 2006 by Simon Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Paula Deen Celebrates!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paula Deen Celebrates!

Start your review of Paula Deen Celebrates!: Best Dishes and Best Wishes for the Best Times of Your Life
Liz
Oct 06, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommended to Liz by: amazon, those bastards!
Shelves: cookbooks
There is so much nasty stuff in here!! The crab and spinach casserole was disgusting (and expensive). So much of this food is ridiculously impractical, at least for me (oyster-stuffed quail, oxtails), over-the-top-fatty (whipping-cream grits, creamy cabbage with bacon and whipping cream, sausage casserole, peanut butter ice cream, and KRISPY KREME bread pudding!) or gimmicky (a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich to celebrate Elvis's birthday.)

Generally, Paul Deen goes overboard dumping cans
Amy "the book-bat"
May 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking
This cookbook is set up by menu for each celebration. The basics are here, starting with New Year's and including Valentine's Day and Christmas, but there are some a little less typical, such as Elvis's birthday. The recipes seem to be easy to make and most of the dishes sound pretty good. I think this will be a fun book to cook out of. I like how Paula included her "Pearls of Wisdom" for each menu and how there are also decorating tips from her assistant throughout the book.
Melanie
Aug 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
I think it's difficult to accurately rate a cookbook...because I am the pickiest eater in the world, I wouldn't eat many of her recipes, but I am definitely NOT the best judge. Everything she makes on her show looks REALLY good, even if I don't like what's in it. All in all, I think Paula Deen is awesome, and I love her cookbooks.
L.A. Smith
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun to read and all are recipes a Southern girl and her family would enjoy. Ive always tried to mark all the holidays - major and minor - for my kids, and I often do it with food, so this was an ideal book for our family. Plus Paula is kind enough to offer a few shortcuts! ...more
Leeda
May 30, 2009 rated it it was ok
I kind of feel like I am cheating by even marking this read. Basically, I just flipped through it and said to myself, yeah, thats enough time spent on this. I havent made any of these recipes as they are not terribly appealing to me. ...more
Mychael-Ann
Nov 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is the second Paula Deen cookbook I've found - I'm addicted to used book sales! I love her recipes. They aren't the good-for-you recipes to make everyday, but when you want some REAL comfort food, this is your woman.
Angela
May 05, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: cooks
I love cookbooks, and I like Paula Deen, so of course I have to have her cookbooks
Amy
Aug 02, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookingstuff
Haven't used this one as much as my other PD cookbooks... but maybe that will change. Lots of recipes that sound good and fattening... but just no occasion to use most yet...
Gina R
Jun 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: southern cooks
Shelves: cookbooks
Great for planning parties for ANY occasion. Including Elvis' birthday! No kidding!
Vanessa
Jun 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: folks who like to eat and cook
My friend Cassie bought this for my birthday and I LOVE it. Paula Deen looks like my mother-in-law too.
Bridget
May 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
A fun cookbook. This is an autographed copy.
Sherri Wright
I love all these recipes. I have to be careful though, some have lots and lots of butter!
Terrie
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Love looking for ideas for holiday and special occasion meals. Being from Georgia always looking for great southern food.
Gerry
Feb 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
tried a few recipes- like Mardi Gras King Cake, yum- can hear her drawl as I read the recipes
Amy :)
Nov 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great easy to follow recipes. Loved the stories behind all of the celebrations. Made the enchiladas and green chile squares- yummy!
Kymberly
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this book and cannot wait to make more meals with these recipes! Having a barbeque this weekend and going to use a few of these! I love me some Paula Deen!!
Lauren
Not as good as some other chefs.
Rita
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
always a celebration with Paul's. I don't fret about butter or calories when it comes to holidays so this book is perfect!
Shirley
Feb 09, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks, list-2018
Like most cookbooks I found a few recipes that I will make and love. Wishing there had been more for my kind of enjoyment.
Julianne
Mar 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook
I have made several recipes from this one - all good. Only downside is not hardly any pictures.
Yvonna
Jul 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
Deen's recipes are always comforting, and the celebrations concept of this cookbook make it more interesting.
Brandon
May 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Use it all the time.
Robin Hohlweck
Nov 03, 2007 rated it it was amazing
The recipes that I have tried are amazing, especially the shrimp salad and chocolate trifle.
Crystal Pickett
Melanie
Sep 07, 2017
Docshorty9zoominternet.net
Jul 30, 2016

• More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: A Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America's Finest and Funkiest Joints
  • Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill Cookbook: Explosive Flavors from the Southwestern Kitchen
  • Rachael Ray 2, 4, 6, 8: Great Meals for Couples or Crowds
  • Food Network Favorites
  • 30-Minute Meals 2
  • Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: An All-American Road Trip . . . with Recipes!
  • Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book
  • Giada at Home: Family Recipes from Italy and California
  • Barefoot Contessa Family Style: Easy Ideas and Recipes That Make Everyone Feel Like Family
  • The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier
  • A New Way to Age: The Most Cutting-Edge Advances in Antiaging
  • Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Recipes Cookbook: Easy, Fast, Healthy and Delicious Recipes
  • A Pioneer Woman's Memoir
  • The Other Daughter
  • The Witch And Other Tales Re-Told
  • Here's to You, Rachel Robinson
  • Just as Long as We're Together
  • The First Affair
Paula Deen (born Paula Ann Hiers) is an American cook, restaurateur, author, actress and Emmy Award-winning television personality.

Deen resides in Savannah, Georgia, where she owns and operates The Lady & Sons restaurant with her sons, Jamie and Bobby Deen. She has also published five cookbooks. Though married in 2004 to Michael Anthony Groover, she continues to use the surname Deen from her

News & Interviews