Start by marking “Super Sweet 13 (Candy Apple #23)” as Want to Read:
Super Sweet 13 (Candy Apple #23)

Super Sweet 13 (Candy Apple #23)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  607 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
With over a million copies sold, Candy Apple is the most-read middle grade series for girls.

Carly Merrin is determined to make this a birthday to remember. After all, she's finally going to be a teenager! But even a super sweet thirteen can turn sour. Favor mix-ups, feuding friends, and missing guests are only the beginning of Carly's party problems. Her thirteenth birthda
Mass Market Paperback, 176 pages
Published March 1st 2010 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Super Sweet 13, please sign up.

Alejandra 2nd
Apr 25, 2011 rated it liked it
This book was about a girl named Carly and how turning 13 is like one of the most important things in the world for her. So technically the whole book is about her planning her party and all the challenges she has during the process. It was also about how she felt about one boy and how her "ex-best friend" likes him too. I didn't like the book but I didn't hate it either it could have been way better even though the ending was ok I thought it could have been better. I mean it's a pretty weird en ...more
Vlemusvelasquez7
May 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Carly Merrin is a young girl who is about to turn 13. She has planned her sweet 13th birthday party for a long time and she wants everything to be perfect. Since she is going to become a teenager she needs to make sure that everything is going as planned. But planning a party is not that easy. She is in charge of many thing causing her to stress a lot. Then on the day of the party many things don't go as planned. This book is about determination, dedication, and friendship.
Alyssa Dempsey
Dec 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a really good book and you need to read it.It is about a girl named Carly who wants to have the best party ever. But then it turns out to be a big mess. First people who were supposed to come did not. Then her two best friends were fighting. And finally the jelly bean party favor turned into a nut party favor. could anything elsa go wrong? You need to read the book to find out the rest.
Brielle
No 13 year old, unless celebrating a bar/bat mitzvah, needs to be hosting a huge event for their birthday. It was ridiculous. And the story line did not include the same life-lesson/value/redemtive factor that the Candy Apple books usually contain. Disappointing.
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Carly wants the best sweet 13 birthday ever! Everything turns out wrong and Carly ends up sad and upset. Can Carly turn everything around or will she end up remembering the party for the wrong reasons?
Bowoo
Oct 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Emily
Recommended to Bowoo by: the library
this was an awesome book i finished last night, and it's about someone's party going absolutely wrong, but it turns out surprisingly great. Carly's birthday party theme is about candy, and its so awesome!
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Rachel
Mar 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
I liked it, it wasn't one of my favorites, but it was okay. I like the Accidental Cheerleader, Drama Queen, Babysitting Wars and Miss Popularity better.
Abirami
its totally awesome.i love it and it is totally just like a real story nd i loved it ;)
Alyssa Soethout
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was a good book but why do you need to have a sweet 13
Mariella Mercado
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
hee. she good
Meme Perkins
Feb 02, 2015 marked it as to-read
I want to read this book I haven't read it yet so I would love too.
Dec 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
this was BIG chick lit!!! if your a girl and want to read about drama this is your book!!!!!!!!!!!!
Faliyah
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: super-sweet-13
this was awesome lollllllllll yeah woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rose
Aug 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: candy apple lovers
AWESOME!!!!
Sandhiya
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 3
really a good book
like to read
Lay Criss
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
For some reason I enjoy these books. I am a little older and reader much larger books, but I still read them because they are entertaining!!
Greta
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. It was awesome and super sweet!!!1
Sydney Bai
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cute read, still like it after years of reading it. Would recommend
Evelyne
Laylay
Dec 06, 2016
Angela
Nov 17, 2014
  • Snowfall Surprise (Candy Apple #21)
  • Miss Popularity and the Best Friend Disaster (Miss Popularity #3; Candy Apple #28)
  • See You Soon, Samantha (Candy Apple #25)
  • Winner Takes All (Candy Apple #27)
  • Accidentally Fooled (Accidentally, #3; Candy Apple #16)
  • Miss You, Mina (Candy Apple #26)
  • Wish You Were Here, Liza (Candy Apple #24)
  • Star-Crossed (Candy Apple #15)
  • Making Waves (Candy Apple #10)
  • Juicy Gossip (Candy Apple #19)
  • Totally Crushed (Candy Apple #7)

Candy Apple (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • The Accidental Cheerleader (Candy Apple #1)
  • The Boy Next Door (Candy Apple #2)
  • Miss Popularity (Miss Popularity #1; Candy Apple #3)
  • How to Be a Girly Girl in Just Ten Days (Candy Apple #4)
  • Drama Queen (Candy Apple #5)
  • The Babysitting Wars (Candy Apple #6)
  • Totally Crushed (Candy Apple #7)
  • I've Got A Secret (Candy Apple #8)
  • Callie For President (Candy Apple #9)
  • Making Waves (Candy Apple #10)