Start by marking “Ghost Ride” as Want to Read:
Ghost Ride

Ghost Ride

Fourteen-year-old Sam McLean is less than thrilled with the prospect of moving to a collection of old mansions on the northern fringe of a small town called Ringwood. A nobody at his old school, Sam is desperate to be accepted by the cool kids and latches on to Cody Barns, aka Maniac. Codys claim to fame is performing wild stunts the crazier the better and posting them on ...more
Published October 19th 2009 by Dundurn (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ghost Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost Ride

Kori
Sep 06, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: misc, school, paranormal
This was such a horrible, predictable book. The entire thing was weak: dialogue, characters, plot, pace. The only good thing about it is that it's so short (I read it in under an hour), like getting a kick in the face. It's super painful all at once, then you go back to normal.
Peter Lam
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is about a 14 year old boy named Sam McLean; he isn't thrilled to be moving to a new home located in Ringwood. Sam is desperate to fit in, as he was a nobody at his old school, so Sam latches on to Cody Barns. Cody Barns is known for performing crazy stunts. One day Sam, Cody and another student name Javon, went to practice some stunts at night, but something goes terribly wrong and Cody convinces Sam to flee the scene leaving Javon for dead. Days after Mysterious messages and notes ar ...more
Canadian Children's Book Centre
Reviewed by Rachel Seigel

Fourteen-year-old Sam McLean is none too happy about moving to an old mansion on the fringe of his dad’s old hometown. Desperate to be accepted by the cool kids, he latches on to Cody Barns, who’s known for performing wild stunts and then posting them on his blog. When Sam reluctantly participates in one of Cody’s ghost riding stunts, something goes terribly wrong. Soon after the accident, mysterious messages start appearing on Cody’s blog, and Sam is faced with a terrif
Briana
Apr 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
Excerpt from my review below. You can read my full, original review here: http://thebookpixie.blogspot.com/2010...

"Haunting. Spine-chilling. Genius. These are the words I would use to describe Marina Cohen's imaginatively suspense filled YA novel, Ghost Ride...........In the end, Ghost Ride was an intensely creepy, thrilling, and enthralling read that I just could not put down. Cohen truly did a wonderful job writing this book and I can't wait to read more of her work. It is a new personal favor
Erika (Rickie) Savage
Dec 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: december
Sam McLean move's to a new "city" and he doesn't like the move. When he arrived he saw strange things happen and wants to find out whats happening.

I picked this book because Marina Cohen visited our school last year and her book sounded really cool.

I finiished this book because I wanted to know how the situatiob was going to be handled and I wanted to know what was going to happen.

I think that Calvin might want to read it because at the moment he is reading another Marina Cohen book. So if he li
Barbra
Nov 16, 2013 rated it liked it
An interesting book that should appeal to boys, this eerie mystery is about fourteen-year-old Sam who reluctantly moves to his father’s hometown. Desperate to fit in he hooks up with a boy called Maniac. Not only is he haunted by his wrong decisions, he has strange hallucinations and his perfect dad begins acting weird. Easy read for ages 12 and up.
Linda
Feb 05, 2011 rated it did not like it
I do not think the author did a good job pacing the story. Also I think it was way too obvious at some parts. Also I think the whole idea of "Moving to a new house, going to a new school, not fitting in, doing stupid things to fit in" is kinda getting old.
I did not like it. Also I did not think the story was scary. AT ALL
Dylan Dao
Dec 17, 2012 rated it liked it
A great short novel. There are so many twists in the plot that add to the "mystery" effect of the novel. At the same time, that's why I can't give it 5 stars. At times, it was hard to distinguish the main idea. I guess that can either be good or bad, but that uncertainty is quite enough. Nonetheless, a great novel that I would definitely recommend.
Deborah Kerbel
Nov 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Deliciously creepy! I found this to be a perfectly paced YA mystery (I honestly couldn't turn off the light until after I read the last page). With it's spooky subject matter, spot-on dialogue, and realistic characters, Ghost Ride is a guaranteed teen pleaser!

Claudia Osmond
Nov 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: torkidlit
Wow. Picked this one up yesterday, early afternoon, and couldn't put it down. Finished it in the evening. Marina Cohen's done a creeptastic job of putting a modern spin on the Legend of Sleepy Hollow and the Headless Horseman.
Canadian Reader
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
Well liked by the reluctant middle school boy readers I know.
L
Sep 13, 2014 rated it liked it
I liked this book, but seeing as I get scared easily I kinda freaked out at times.
Andre
Mar 20, 2013 is currently reading it
8uibh
Stacy
Jan 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010
Solid YA boys book, great recommendation for reluctant readers.
Lara
Mar 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Just finished reading the book. It was really good, But now I feel like my teacher is creeping me at the things that I'm doing... strange...
Eviero
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good book about trying to fit in and peer pressure. Also great spooky story!
Rebecca Upjohn