Start by marking “La píldora del mal amor” as Want to Read:
La píldora del mal amor

La píldora del mal amor

¿Es realmente necesario sufrir por amor? Imagina tu vida si tuvieras en algún lugar de tu cuerpo una píldora, palanca o botoncito que controlara tu corazón. Ya no sufrirías por Jacinto, Carlos o Gumersindo. Tendrías tu versión personal de "santo que no me quiere con no rezarle tengo" y cuando al hombre al que amas con toda tu alma te dijera "hasta aquí", podrías reacciona
Published August 4th 2009 by Atria Books (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about La píldora del mal amor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La píldora del mal amor

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Steph for TeensReadToo.com

Erika Luna is happy -- she has a successful job, a comfortable home, and a loving husband. All this comes crashing down when Erika finds out that her husband, Martin, is cheating on her with another woman. Fighting ensues that leads to a quick divorce. Now it's up to Erika -- along with her father, his partner, and a few friends -- to get her life back on track.

Steph
Jun 29, 2008 Steph rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Along this road of self-discovery, Erika stumbles upon a brilliant idea: why not find a pill that one can take to cure
heartbreak? Bein
Bonnie
May 09, 2008 Bonnie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book surprised me with its depth and I read straight through to the end in a single afternoon. I had expected a contrived and shallow story with the typical stereotypes and storylines about sex and chocolate repairing a broken heart, but "The Hearbreak Pill" transcended the chick-lit mediocrity trap (even though it contained both sex and chocolate in small amounts).

I am grateful for having read this book, because even though I'm not currently heartbroken, I know that I have capacity to be,
Jacqueline
Apr 06, 2014 Jacqueline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Una novela totalmente entretenida y un placer total como lectura. La protagonist y narradora Erika Luna es una mujer joven que vive en Miami y parece tener una vida perfecta hasta que descubre que su marido tiene una amante por la que él deja a Erika. Frustrada y desesperada, ella, una química profesional, decide estudiar todo lo que pueda con tal de crear algún remedio para el sufrimiento de un desamor. Usándose a sí misma como conejillo de Indias, pruebe diferentes fórmulas, mientras tiene var ...more
Vivienne Strauss
A truly enjoyable read, made me laugh out loud many times. Also a perfect escape from the frigid New Hampshire winter and gave me license to dream of Miami though I haven't been there in more than 10 years. An accurate portrayal of how we turn ourselves inside out over love , felt myself cringing thinking about all the self help books mentioned since I'd read more than half of them at different times.
Patricia
Jun 22, 2009 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It is about a woman that is left by her husband after 7 years of marriage, and how she copes with it. It is funny, but at the same time you'll see women are stronger than you think, and we can get over anything!
Lisa Eckstein
May 23, 2014 Lisa Eckstein rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
Erika is heartbroken after her husband suddenly files for divorce. She's also a research chemist at a pharmaceutical company. After reading a paper about the brain chemistry of love, Erika wonders if it would be possible to create a drug that switches off feelings of love and cures heartbreak. To distract herself from the increasingly ugly divorce proceedings, she sets off to invent the heartbreak pill.

I liked the idea of finding a heartbreak pill, but this was a small and underdeveloped part of
Jen
Jun 21, 2008 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too bad this wasn't a true story lol....but then we would never learn to appreciate the good things!
Livin' la  Vida Latina
Reviewed by: Donna Del Oro, Author of "Operation Familia" and "Hasta la Vista, Baby"
Member of Livin' la vida Latina

Review: THE HEARTBREAK PILL is a romantic comedy that won First Place in the Latino Books into Movies Awards contest; my novel, OPERATION FAMILIA, won Second Place in the same category, so I was curious to read the novel that won over mine. I wasn't disappointed! From page one, my attention was riveted to Erika Luna's story and I read the book in two days.

Erika Luna, a research c
Sergio Vermont
Feb 03, 2014 Sergio Vermont rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una novela divertida, llena de matices, con la que te identificarás en alguna parte de tu vida. Y sí bien no existe una píldora del mal de amor, que ayude a disipar el dolor que has sentido o sentirás por un amor no correspondido, lo cierto es que nadie se muere de un mal amor, y que sin duda el tiempo lo cura todo, y lo comenzará a hacer, en la medida de que entiendas que toda relación, buena o mala, es un regalo, y aprendes de ella.
M.
Apr 01, 2016 M. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
una historia diferente a lo que estaba acostumbrada a leer, me gusto pero nada más, me entretuvo y al final te deja algo interesante.
Nidia
Oct 23, 2009 Nidia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I wanted to like this book. I could relate to the language being that I'm Latina, but I feel the author, the editor, or both needed to work a little further on tightening the story a bit. There were just too many random, unnecessary moments in the story. Too many things happened to arrive to such a simplistic conclusion. I feel that if the author would've kept the # of characters and plot a bit simpler and cleaner, the book would've been excellent.
The book promises to make you laugh out loud, c
Christian
Feb 16, 2014 Christian rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disposed-of
I wanted to like it...but it just didn't work for me.
Maritza
Nov 02, 2014 Maritza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Maritza by: michell xool
Libro que nos narra la etapa de la vida que una nunca desea vivir. La infidelidad en el matrimonio. Erika Luna el personaje principal se encuentra en la situación muy complicada, pero apesar de sentirse mal por el engaño de su esposo ella hara lo nunca imaginado. Creer una pastilla para el mal amor y la ayuda a salir de este terrible momento.

Libro lleno de picardia, ingenio y de muchos consejos.
Lucie
Jan 03, 2009 Lucie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
oh this one had sooooo much promise!

but then it got stuck in silly romance/drama land instead of the scientific stuff...um...the main character is supposed to be a pharmaceutical scientist, creating new drugs but that gets tossed to the wayside pretty quickly...

readers looking for more substance should turn to helen fisher instead!
Sharon
Feb 06, 2010 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, latina
This book was slightly heftier than your typical chick-lit. The protagonist's marriage ends after 7 years, and she sets out to develop a pill that will cancel out the heartache. The family relationships were well-drawn and I thought it was a new perspective on an old theme, although there are only so many conclusions she can reach.
Pau Hernandez
Feb 16, 2013 Pau Hernandez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Es un libro que en realidad lo compre porque me gusto la portada, pero cuando lo leí me gusto mucho, cita a varios autores y creo que eso es lo interesante del libro, la historia poco a poco me fue atrapando, sin duda se convirtió en uno de mis libros favoritos.
Irish Kay Racoma
Mar 28, 2012 Irish Kay Racoma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Irish Kay by: Ronianne
Shelves: favorites
How I wish the pill was really made into reality.
I like it when the lead character made her escape out of that heartbreak she had. People around us and making ourselves busy about something could really help us out of it. That's what she did.
Kaycee Laurel
Jul 29, 2012 Kaycee Laurel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Anjanette captured all the ridiculous ideas of a heartbroken woman... But i think she ended the experiment part in a rushed... I recommend this for people who is at the cant-move-on phase who doesnt want to read self-help books..
Elisa
Aug 17, 2009 Elisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great weekend read. Loved the different quotes inserted from the various Self-Help books the protaganist is forced to read. Witty, fast paced and a great example of chic-lit. Enjoyable!
Cassi
Jan 30, 2009 Cassi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good quality chick-lit. And like any chick-lit, the ending was a bit silly, but overall I really enjoyed this one.
amy
Jun 28, 2012 amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
just okay. scientific jargon plus random spanish phrases make the book not quite what i was expecting.
Michelle Alban
Jul 07, 2008 Michelle Alban rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is such a great book. It reminds all women that we can become the woman we always wanted to be.
Bellavida
Jul 25, 2009 Bellavida rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a nice sentimental good read.
Gina Estrada
Nov 25, 2011 Gina Estrada rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i sooo love Erica!!! :)))
Maggy
Maggy marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Caro Martinez
Caro Martinez marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Paulina Gaytan
Paulina Gaytan rated it it was ok
Sep 19, 2016
Bibiurri
Bibiurri marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Jamila
Jamila marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Friday Night Chicas: Sexy Stories from La Noche
  • The Three Kings: A Christmas Dating Story
  • Chiquita
  • Isle of Passion
  • Boricuas: Influential Puerto Rican Writings - An Anthology
  • El libro de las emociones: son de la razón sin corazón
  • Our Lady of the Night: A Novel
  • A Capital Holiday
  • Manstealing for Fat Girls
  • Lo que está en mi corazón
  • Waking Up in the Land of Glitter: A Crafty Chica Novel
  • La guaracha del Macho Camacho
  • El país de las mujeres
  • La vida imaginaria
  • The Island of Eternal Love
  • Felices días, Tío Sergio
  • La Carreta
  • El penúltimo sueño
Anjanette Delgado began her career as a journalist, working for outlets such as NBC, CNN, Univisión and Telemundo, covering presidential coups, elections, Olympics, the 9/11 terrorist attacks, both Iraq wars, which she executive produced, and winning an Emmy in 1994 for her human-interest series “Madres en la lejanía,” about the plight of Latino mothers who leave their own children behind and come ...more
More about Anjanette Delgado...