Start by marking “CompTIA A+ Certification All-In-One Exam Guide: (Exams 220-701 & 220-702) [With CDROM]” as Want to Read:

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  195 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Get complete coverage of the latest release of the CompTIA A+ exams inside this fully revised and updated resource. Written by the leading authority on CompTIA A+ certification and training, this expert guide covers CompTIA A+ exams 220-701 and 220-702. You'll find learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter, exam tips, practice exam questions, in-depth explanatio ...more
Published February 1st 2010 by McGraw-Hill/Osborne Media (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about CompTIA A+ Certification All-In-One Exam Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about CompTIA A+ Certification All-In-One Exam Guide

Paul DeBusschere
Jul 16, 2012 rated it liked it
It took me 1.5 months to plod through the 1200-odd pages of the 7th edition. Overall, not bad as far as technical books go (try reading a J2EE book sometime - ugh!), but one thing did drive me crazy: some of the questions are either phrased or answered wrongly. Nothing makes me second guess a text's authority more than when the review questions aren't written or answered properly - especially for a certification test. Perhaps Mr. Meyers could use a better proof reader or editor!

I was also disap
Jenn
Jun 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A good primer for computer tech newbs. Covers all things computer in detail and discusses some of the history that led up to our modern computer uses, to help contextualize. Not everything in this book is covered on the A+ exams, but Meyers points out when something isn't; and not everything on the exams is covered in this book, according to several people I've talked to, though much of it is.

One thing I wish author Mike Meyers had done is included parenthetical pronounciation guides after intro
Oliver Blankenship
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: technical
This book contains far more information than is necessary to pass the certification exam, but this is a great read for anyone who wants to know ALL of the basics. A lot of this information is not really useful in the modern enterprise environment, but personally the information is invaluable.
Ethan
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Mike Meyers really lays it all out on the line - I mean he writes an entire dissertation on CPUs! If you can stand the depth he goes into, this is a good book for understanding the work that goes into being a CompTIA A+ certified technician.
Adrian
This is the book you need if your studying for your COMPTIA A+ Certification. It covers all of the exam objectives and helped me to pass both the exams(220-801/220-802) first time.
P.s this is the review for the 220-801/220-802 All-In-One Exam Guide.
Becca
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: wgu
Only read about half of the book, but read enough that I'm going to call it read.

And I passed the test, so that's what really matters!
Raymon
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Marshal Mdeza
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The best teacher I have ever come across!
Nicholas zamir
Sep 26, 2017
Eddie Romero Jr.
rated it it was ok
Jun 27, 2015
  • Comptia A+ Certification All-In-One Exam Guide: Exams 220-801 & 220-802
  • Comptia Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: Sy0-301 Study Guide
  • Upgrading and Repairing PCs
  • The Complete World Encyclopedia of Guns: Pistols, Rifles, Revolvers, Machine and Submachine Guns Through History in 1100 Photographs
  • Battle at Sea: 3,000 Years of Naval Warfare
  • Cambridge Grammar of English: A Comprehensive Guide: Spoken and Written English Grammar and Usage [With CDROM]
  • Alamo in the Ardennes: The Untold Story of the American Soldiers Who Made the Defense of Bastogne Possible
  • Think Like a Programmer: An Introduction to Creative Problem Solving
  • Think Python
  • Operation Fortitude
  • The Complete Book of Drawing Techniques: A Complete Guide for the Artist
  • Trafalgar: The Nelson Touch
  • The Rise and Fall of British Naval Mastery
  • 50 Battles That Changed the World: The Conflicts That Most Influenced the Course of History
  • Total War: From Stalingrad to Berlin
  • World History Atlas
  • Wittgenstein
  • Practical C++ Programming

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »