Start by marking “The Losses of Our Lives: The Sacred Gifts of Renewal in Everyday Loss” as Want to Read:
The Losses of Our Lives: The Sacred Gifts of Renewal in Everyday Loss

The Losses of Our Lives: The Sacred Gifts of Renewal in Everyday Loss

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  9 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Most books on loss focus on the "big" losses (death, illness, divorce) or on specific losses (relationships, jobs, pets, memory loss, financial loss). Going beyond loss as a problem to be resolved, a grief to be worked through, Dr. Copeland-Payton reframes loss from the perspective that our everyday losses help us learn what we need to handle the major losses.

Weaving in sp
Published October 1st 2009 by Skylight Paths Publishing (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Losses of Our Lives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Losses of Our Lives

Mycala
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Book has a Christian slant but the writer is open-minded enough to investigate other beliefs. Unfortunately, this book did not apply to me. I don't have children, so there isn't the loss of having them grow up and leave the house. I'm not looking for some deity. The examples given just didn't speak to me. I kept thinking sooner or later there would be something I could take from the book, but for me it was basically an autobiography of the writer. It was interesting in that respect but as far as ...more
Kathy
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very different than what I expected. Was good at explaining how there are gifts mixed in with our loses, though harder to see in the tragic loses. But we have losses when we are born (giving up that nice, safe place), move away from home, etc. And all of these things have gifts in the losses. Well worth the read.
Irene Adams
Attended a retreat lead by this author several months ago. Wished I had finished the book prior to the retreat so I could dwell more deeply into some areas of loss.
Kellie