Start by marking “Catwalk (On the Runway, #2)” as Want to Read:
Catwalk (On the Runway, #2)

Catwalk (On the Runway #2)

Book two in the dynamic fashion-themed On the Runway teen novel series by favorite young adult fiction author Melody Carlson. The Forrester sisters take their hit TV show to New York, learning that success in the big city comes with big challenges.
Published May 29th 2010 by Zondervan (first published May 18th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Catwalk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catwalk

Jill Williamson
May 09, 2013 Jill Williamson rated it really liked it
Fashion week is coming and the Forrester sisters are busier than ever with their TV show, On the Runway. While Paige seeks interviews with top designers, Erin wants to support designers who care about the environment.

I really enjoy these books. They're a fun contrast between a high drama girl and her down-to-earth little sister. I like how Erin tries to set a good example for her gig sister, yet every once in a while Paige puts Erin in her place. This book had a slower plot, but an entertaining
Marie Danielle
Really good! In the book Erin expresses interest in green fashion, to me I think Erin knowing what green fashion is and knowing that it helps and effects the world a lot makes a big deal. I think Paige should of cared more about green fashion and show more interest towards it. I don't think it's a bad thing that Paige lives for fashion because it at least makes her happy even though the clothes she wear are made in bad conditions. When Paige got back together with Benjamin I thought to myself "I ...more
Wordy Nerd
A good second book to a series! I think Green fashion is fantastic. I think anything that will help keep the earth healthy is better. I think Paige's opinion of green fashion is a bit shallow. The reason for my opinion is because when it comes to fashion all I can say is so what, it doesn't matter if someone clothes look better, it matters that they are protecting and making the earth a better place. I do not think the fact that Paige lives for fashion is a really good thing. I think it is good ...more
Danielle
Liralen
Sep 09, 2011 Liralen rated it it was ok
I received this as a first reads book, but I think I would have gotten more out of it if I'd read the first book in the series (Premiere). There was no amateur-hour 'let's summarise everything that happened in the last book', but there were numerous comments that I can only presume refer to events that took place in said last book. I never quite figured out some of the basic things, such as how old these characters are or what exactly the point of their TV show is. I assume that these things are ...more
Crystal
Aug 09, 2010 Crystal rated it really liked it
After reading and enjoying Premiere last week, I was anxious to read the next installment in Melody Carlson's new On the Runway series. Catwalk did not disappoint. In fact I think I enjoyed it more than Premiere. Erin and Paige are now on the roll with their new show, but that doesn't mean that Erin is completely comfortable being in front of the camera yet. Catwalk leads the girls to fashion week in New York and lots of fun and surprises await them there.

I enjoyed reading the various shows and
Terry
Sep 03, 2011 Terry rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This book was an enjoyable and quick, easy read. A nice, fun story but a bit soap-operish for my tastes. Could be because it deals with fashion, which is one of my least favorite things to read about. Plus, with mom being a news broadcast director, and both girls coming in to their own in the entertainment industry, their family lifestyle wasn't one I could easily relate to.
I liked the fact that the characters' lives weren't all perfect. I would have liked to seen more character development, but
Christy Lockstein
Jul 06, 2010 Christy Lockstein rated it it was amazing
Catwalk by Melody Carlson is the second book in the On the Runway series. Paige and Erin Forrester are on their way to film New York Fashion week for their reality television show On the Runway, but first they both need to walk in a show for a "green" designer, then Erin needs to deal with her best friend Mollie's seeming abandoning her for boyfriend Tony, plus the girls' mother's relationship with Jon is becoming serious. I love this series about two sisters trying to stay true to themselves in ...more
Gail
Mar 24, 2012 Gail rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This is the second in a series of books, aimed at young adults/girls. I wouldn't have bought it but got it for free on amazon. And only read it this time because it was something easy I could try using the text to speech thing on my kindle while I was driving Elizabeth to Alabama! I think I decided I can do audio books easier than the text to speech thing...it was a stilted/automated voice that had no inflection to it! There was really no pause in between sentences/paragraphs so for me it would ...more
April
Sep 11, 2011 April rated it it was ok
Michelle
I actually enjoyed this book even more than the first one. I didn't think I would after reading the teaser at the end of the first book, but it ended up being an entertaining read after all. I liked how the author tied in an entirely separate series into this one, too. The Carter House girls make an appearance in this book, which makes me want to go back and finish that series. Anyway, I am looking forward to digging into book three in this series, Rendezvous. So far this series is a YA winner, ...more
Kristen Morris
Sep 10, 2011 Kristen Morris rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I enjoyed this book a bit more than I expected to, since I didn't read the first in the series. My main issue was that I couldn't figure out exactly how old they were either, my guess is early 20s since they could legally drink? Sometimes they seemed younger.

Anyhow, very enjoyable book especially if you enjoy reading about fashion, I really liked all the descriptions of clothing.

Another item that may have been better set up in the 1st book is the religious aspects, but to me just seemed sort of
Michele Minor
Oct 24, 2012 Michele Minor rated it really liked it
In the second book in her On The Runway series we see both Paige and Erin Forrester go to New York City for fashion week. Before they leave for New York they interview local designers, including a green designer. She also includes some of the girls from her Carter House series in this book where fans from that series can check in to see what those characters are doing. This book still has the Christian message in it, which keeps the series from being superficial which shows up in young adult boo ...more
Beth Harper
Feb 02, 2016 Beth Harper rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fashion
Loved the portrayal of the fashion and designers. It will be dated soon, but I felt like the writer really paid attention to what's going on in fashion now. It's Christian young adult fiction, but the religion stuff wasn't super heavy handed. Actually, I thought if the author wanted to include religion, it could've been applied more thoughtfully. It was kind of "oh, you have some problems? I'll pray for you; you should pray too. The personal issues of the people around the main characters were t ...more
Kyrsten
Sep 04, 2011 Kyrsten rated it liked it
This book did better than I was expecting it to. I feel like it would have been better if I had read the first one, but I'm a college kid short on money, aren't we all. Anyway I thought the book was a fast read and really not that bad at all. I think that maybe there was just too much drama, but it is a book about fashion, TV, and young people so I suppose that is to be expected.

**I won this book in a First-Reads Giveaway. My review is a reflection of my honest opinion and is not influenced by t
Karen
May 25, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing
I really like this series. It is cute. Had a similar experience in LAX, not tackled but put in a small room for an hour because I was pulled aside for having an insulin pump for my diabetes. They tested my hands and it alerted them that I was positive for explosive materials. Talk about freaking out. My husband and. Kids were pushed to the side and I was escorted to a room. So I definitely could relate to poor Paige. (after an hour I was allowed to put all my things back and able to leave) I am ...more
Amber
Sep 05, 2011 Amber rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Won this in a drawing, this is the first teen christian book I read. It had nice messages about not being selfish, praying, and facing obstacles. Erin, the camera girl was the main character who I really liked, it's just that reading it there wasn't really a clear story on what was going on, no specific instance or conflict that you were waiting to get resolved...then at the very end a few traumatic things happen, it gets dealt with properly and then it's the end.

It's an okay book, and has a goo
Gina Hott
Apr 27, 2014 Gina Hott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Catwalk was a change of pace for me. Completely different from anything else I’ve read. It’s a YA novel, but first person and not romance or mystery. Just a novel about a Christian teen trying to make it in a world of fashion that she’s in by default. She’s not into fashion just trying to be a supportive and helpful sister. It’s kind of similar to chick lit but not as silly and with more substance.
Alsie
Jun 17, 2012 Alsie added it
Shelves: 2012
Im not reading these books in order at all. This is my second On the Runaway book (I read the third book, Rendezvous first)

I didn't find this as interesting as Rendezvous, but it was still a pretty good book to read. But since I'd read Rendezvous already, I kinda already knew what would happen in some of the scenes. It didn't ruin the book completely though.
So yeah, I guess that's all I gotta say.
Anne
Jan 21, 2014 Anne rated it liked it
The second in the cute, uncomplicated On the Runway series. The Forrester sisters surprise TV hit Thames them to New York for fashion week where there score many interviews, fashion shows, and clothes. The girls run into problems w/friends and boyfriends, they must adjust to changes with their mom, and Erin balances questions of where God wants her.

A quick easy read...and yet I am interested in finding out what happens with the sisters and their TV fame.
Alana
Mar 10, 2011 Alana rated it liked it
Shelves: fashion
I wasn't... disappointed with this book per say, I mean, I loved it, but I thought the summary for it was WAY off. On the back of the book it said that it was about Paige and Erin's struggles with Erin wanting to feature more eco-friendly designers, but it wasn't. There were like 2 chapters devoted to that. If anything, it was about New York fashion week and how Erin discovers that fashion isn't that bad.
$hanel
Oct 28, 2010 $hanel rated it it was amazing
Catwalk is the sequence to Premiere. In the second book Paige and Erin are facing more DRAMA. This time the girls are off to New York for fashion week and Paige is the primma donna once again. Erin is going as the camera girl like always. But, in Catwalk can the two girls grow MORE closer or not? or will fashion week in New York be a big wreck?
Misty
Apr 06, 2014 Misty rated it really liked it
I have to admit I'm starting to get into this fashion thing. I mean I've always enjoyed fashion especially because I'm a girl, but this book, I would say, was better than Premiere in the fact that Paige is less catty and that she's starting to come to Christianity and realizing she doesn't need Benjamin. It's pretty fun reading about their Fashion Week as well.
Lisa Paterson
Jan 23, 2011 Lisa Paterson rated it it was ok
Free Kindle book.

This is more young adult / teen fiction. I read another free book buy this author and it wasn't bad, but this one has a much more blatant Christian preaching tone that the other. If they pulled that out, it would be a more entertaining series.

I don't think I'll read anything else by this author.
Eleonore
Feb 08, 2015 Eleonore rated it really liked it
Amber
Sep 02, 2011 Amber rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: christian ya fans, people who like fashion
Shelves: first-reads, ya
I received this book for free as a goodreads first reads book. I thought it was a nice story. The characters were pretty likable. It would have been easy to make the characters shallow, but they weren't. The characters were also Christians, but weren't preachy about it. I thought that was nicely done. One sister was following her dream, the other remained true to herself.
Wendy
Oct 10, 2011 Wendy rated it did not like it
This book was terribly boring. I have absolutely no interest in fashion and that was all this book was about. There was no exciting character development or conflict; nothing to entice the reader. I had a difficult time finishing this book, but I felt an obligation to because I won it in a giveaway. Maybe if I had some interest in fashion I would have liked it better..
Jun 03, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it
I just pick up on this series again after reading the first book a long time ago. The second book is a lot better then the first book. There was some boring things in this book, but still a good book that people should read.
Kathi Olsen
Nov 05, 2015 Kathi Olsen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
An interesting look at some aspects of the fashion world and how hard it is to maintain good values, Christian in particular. No mystery just a story that progresses through Fashion Week and a little beyond with the characters
Cassandra
I loved the second novel very good had me tearing at parts and frustrated at other's but all in all very good, I've know I said this before but love this little new series I've picked up going buy it soon!
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • Katy's New World (Katy Lambright Series, #1)
  • My Beautiful Disaster (The Pathway Collection, #2)
  • Voices in the Dark (The Last Descendants, #2)
  • Samurai (Simon St George #2)
  • Cross Your Heart, Connie Pickles
  • Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #1)
  • Love Will Keep Us Together (Miracle Girls, #4)
  • Always Watching (The Rayne Tour, #1)
  • Shadows in the Twilight
  • Alis
  • Milrose Munce and the Den of Professional Help
  • Cool Beans (Maya Davis, #1)
  • City of Time (The Navigator Trilogy, #2)
  • The Witch of Agnesi (Bonnie Pinkwater Mystery, #1)
  • Chosen Ones (Aedyn Chronicles #1)
  • The Big Five-OH!
  • Naomi and Her Daughters: A Novel
Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of over two hundred books, several of them Christmas novellas from Revell, including her much-loved and bestselling book, The Christmas Bus.

She also writes many teen books, including the Diary of a Teenage Girl series, the TrueColors series, and the Carter House Girls series.

Melody was nominated for a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award in the inspi
More about Melody Carlson...

On the Runway (6 books)
  • Premiere (On the Runway, #1)
  • Rendezvous (On the Runway, #3)
  • Spotlight (On the Runway, #4)
  • Glamour (On the Runway, #5)
  • Ciao (On the Runway, #6)