Start by marking “Union with God: Letters of Spiritual Direction by Blessed Columba Marmion” as Want to Read:
Union with God: Letters of Spiritual Direction by Blessed Columba Marmion

Union with God: Letters of Spiritual Direction by Blessed Columba Marmion

Praise for Union With God   This book is pure gold. I started highlighting parts of the book when I came upon profound spiritual passages, but soon determined I would save time by simply dying the pages of the book yellow. So much of the book truly resounded with me and stayed with me throughout the day as I used this book as spiritual reading in the morning. Marmion is ab ...more
Published November 30th 2006 by Ignatius Press

To ask other readers questions about Union with God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Union with God

♥ Ibrahim ♥
"Be very true with God, and as soon as you let yourself be drawn away to any fault or unfaithfulness (which will happen from time to time) look your Heavenly Father in the face, and show Him your soul in the bare truth." (p. 7).

Yes, there are tidbits of wisdom here and there, but too brief that wished for more elaboration and clarification. I don't like the commentaries of the the editor; this is supposed to be a complete work of Marmion, not what the editor or the translator thinks of what Marm
Hope
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: catholic
This book is exceptional! I can see why it was one of Saint Teresa of Calcutta's favorite companion books. Reading this book felt life changing. It is such a beautiful look at total abandonment to God's will, utter surrender to the Lover of your soul. Jesus longs for us to be His beloved, His spouse, to love Him and be united with Him forever. And this book calls to us to see the extraordinary truth of His longing.
Christian Raab, OSB
JE Viale
Sep 16, 2018
Cacallahan
Oct 29, 2014
Blessed Columba Marmion, OSB, born Joseph Aloysius Marmion a Roman Catholic Benedictine Irish monk and the third Abbot of Maredsous Abbey in Belgium. Beatified by Pope John Paul II on September 3, 2000, Columba was one of the most popular and influential Catholic authors of the 20th Century. His books are considered spiritual classics.