Start by marking “The Everything Grow Your Own Vegetables Book: Your Complete Guide to planting, tending, and harvesting vegetables” as Want to Read:

Vine-ripened tomatoes. Succulent squash. Plump cucumbers.

Growing vegetables is a rewarding and cost-effective way to eat better for less. Yet many don't know where to start. Author and farmer Catherine Abbott answers questions like:
What is the best way to maximize my garden space?
How do I get started growing food to sustain my family?
Can I grow vegetables inside my house?
H
Published February 10th 2010 by Everything (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Everything Grow Your Own Vegetables Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything Grow Your Own Vegetables Book

Yodamom
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Helpful easy to use growing guide
Jared Mainye
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its great
Christy
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so useful, especially if you're just starting to get into gardening. There are lots of detailed explanations for terms that you hear all the time, but may not really understand. For example, I've seen that many plants can be sowed as soon as soil can "be worked," but didn't know until I read this book how to tell when it's actually ready. I originally checked this out from the library, but plan on buying it so I'll always be able to use it as a reference.
Michele
This was full of information about gardening which I found very helpful. It starts at the very beginning with planning, soil, seeds, plants, harvesting and trouble-shooting. There was some repetition of information and the charts were hard to read on the kindle version, but overall, I learned a lot.
GoldenjoyBazyll
Apr 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: how-to
Since I have dcided to upgrade my garden to 3 times its size this year I figured I needed to know more about what I was doing! This book is a very easy description on how to grow your own vegetables. Nicely done and easy to get information out of quickly!
Heather
Aug 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Very general basic information which is good for people just starting out. I have read a lot of books and have been gardening most my life so most of it was stuff I knew already but there was still some useful info I didn't know about.
Lis Ann - The Indigo Quill
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, health
I received this book from NetGalley.com and absolutely love it. My husband is a chef and I've been wanting to begin growing some of our own food. If you're systematic like me, this book will be incredibly helpful because it lays everything out in order. Greatly detailed and helpful. Thanks!
Diana Henderson
Jul 10, 2012 rated it liked it
General overview of gardening is okay.
Patti
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Easy to read. Great advice. I'm not a novice organic gardener and I learned - or re-learned - some stuff.
Crystal
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I couldn't delete this book of my Kindle after I finished it. It is a comprehensive reference from beginning a garden all the way to eating from the garden. Yay for Organic!
Suz
Nov 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, non-fiction, free
Lots of general information on how to grow vegetables and treat your garden. Good enough for this noob.
Hillary
Jun 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good reference book on gardening, especially for those who are learning.
A
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good information on planting a garden.
Peggy
lots of information in this book. a good go-to reference book for gardeners.
carolyn jenkins
Renee
Nov 01, 2015
Aliasger Talib
Apr 07, 2018
  • Etsy 101: Sell Your Crafts on Etsy, the DIY Marketplace for Handmade, Vintage and Crafting Supplies
  • Get Organized! Your Twelve Month Home Clutter Killer
  • Frumpy to Fabulous: Flaunting It. Your Ultimate Guide to Effortless Style
  • Helpful Herbs for Health and Beauty
  • Saving for Retirement Without Living Like a Pauper or Winning the Lottery
  • The Organized Kitchen: Keep Your Kitchen Clean, Organized, And Full Of Good Food and Save Time, Money, (And Your Sanity) Every Day!
  • Prevention Healthy Favorites: Chicken Recipes: 48 Easy and Delicious Meals!
  • Winning the Clutter War
  • Understanding Your Bible in 15 Minutes a Day
  • The Trivia Lover's Guide to the World: Geography for the Lost and Found
  • The Everything Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Book: A Portrait of an American Icon
  • Get A Life! 8 Steps to Create Your Own Life List
  • Slow Cooking Cookbook
  • Out of Sight, Out of Mind - Easy Home Organization Tips and Storage Solutions for Clutter-Free Living
  • The Everything Soup, Stew, and Chili Cookbook