Start by marking “The Man Who Drove with His Eyes Closed” as Want to Read:
The Man Who Drove with His Eyes Closed

The Man Who Drove with His Eyes Closed

2.63  ·  Rating details ·  8 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
This book tells the amazing story of how Stephen Russell became the Barefoot Doctor. He talks of all the great teachers he studied with - including original self-development luminaries including RD Laing, Fritzjof Capra, Ram Dass, Gregory Bateson and Al Huang - and how they helped him to become a great teacher in his own right. Written in the tradition of Gurdjieff's "Meet ...more
Published September 1st 2009 by Hay House (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Man Who Drove with His Eyes Closed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Man Who Drove with His Eyes Closed

Mish
Mar 16, 2012 rated it did not like it
Really appalling - this guy cannot write - he uses a very juvenile style whereby everything is an extreme - he is the most this or that. He also seems to have a need to drop names - perhaps to qualify his own, self determined?, monicker "The Barefoot Doctor".

I only read the book because I got it free at a tree huggers convention. I must have been in-between books because I did actually finish it.

I had to question the validity of some of the things in the book, including the story involving the t
Helen
Jul 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody
Abandoned half way through, which I very rarely do. I found it to be self-indulgent, badly written and very dull. Really started to creep me out and get on my nerves. This man thinks he's wonderful. I googled him and it completely put me off wasting any more time on this book.
Tim Woodward
Aug 10, 2016
David
May 13, 2014
Özge Can
rated it did not like it
Jan 08, 2015