Start by marking “Anti-Christ: A Satirical End of Days” as Want to Read:
Anti-Christ: A Satirical End of Days

Anti-Christ: A Satirical End of Days

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
For the past two millennia, there has been a Cold War between Heaven and Hell. In that time, Earth has served as the neutral zone between the two powers with humanity the pawns in a conflict whose origins remain shrouded in legend. Tonight...that all changes as one mortal disturbs that fragile balance.

Matthew Ford is a common man, struggling through college while attemptin
Published April 5th 2011 by Matthew Moses (first published January 4th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Anti-Christ, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anti-Christ

Inferus
Jul 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: the open minded.
As told in "Anti Christ: A Satirical End of Days", the world is in chaos – proving reality infuses fiction. Russia is eliminating democracy, returning to an authoritarian government. The US is fighting government corruption charges as a possible war between Pakistan and India formulates. Now China wants to rule Taiwan…the global issues never end.

On a civilian scale, Matthew Ford is an average college guy, suffering the usual issues. After waiting three hours, his internet date is a no show, the
Tim
May 13, 2009 rated it it was ok
Satire is a dangerous vehicle. There is a fine line between farce and simply being absurd, between making a point and clobbering the reader over the head with it. At times, those lines, particularly the latter, blur for Matthew Moses in his Anti-Christ: A Satirical End of Days . Yet there are probably many in its intended audience who will view it all as a reflection of the renowned mantra from Network, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this any more!"[return][return]oses is mad about ...more
Geoffrey
Jan 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: apocalyptic, humor, satire
Jesus as the corporate head of Heaven. Sneaking into Heaven with a truck-full of Mexicans. Bored Aryan angels. A completely self-centered, whiny hero. This book is made up of some good stuff.

This satire I can sink my teeth into. The book is paced well. It's funny. It's cheeky. It's a nice little romp through the apocaplypse with some pretty unexpected turns and a great Armegeddon to finish it off.

I would have given this 5 stars, but the kindle version had some issues with random carriage returns
Lori Whitwam
Apr 01, 2010 rated it it was ok
Borrrrrring. It was a good concept, and didn't fail entirely, but there were long, rambling trivial passages, and the shifting motivational focuses were confusing and annoying. The hero, Matthew, was okay, and the explanation for life on earth and the nature of heaven and the ongoing struggle was pretty good, but overall it didn't hold my interest.
Elizabeth
Aug 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Satire lovers
I love satire so this book was perfect from the first words. I liked the main character and laughed out loud at some of the situations Matthew put him into. The ending was a great take on the whole "apocalypse and revelation" bible story; I did not see the whole ending coming - and I loved that!
Chris
Jul 27, 2012 rated it liked it
A lot of potential, but kind of fell short to me.
Gpig