Start by marking “Lemon Curd” as Want to Read:
Lemon Curd

Lemon Curd

Lemon Curd is a love story between the righteous and opinionated Anna Lisa Gibson and her arrogant British officemate, Neil Scott Whittaker. He can have any woman he desires but Anna Lisa's honesty and down to earth personality makes him fall in love with her. Except that he doesn't want to give up his fiance and she doesn't want to have an affair with a soon to be married ...more
Published July 1st 2006 by Linbrook Press

To ask other readers questions about Lemon Curd, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lemon Curd

Katie Hale
Mar 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Lemon Curd introduces you to Anna Lisa Gibson, a powerful marketing executive in Los Angeles with a history of bad relationships and poor self esteem. The first pages bring her head to head with Neil Scott Whittaker her British counterpart who is equally complicated and mostly opinionated.

Although both Anna Lisa and Neil are involved in serious relationships already - it is immediately obvious there is an attraction and tension between the two. Anna Lisa is in a dead end relationship with a no
Sharon Martin
May 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
For years now I have had the same two favourite authors, Mary E Pearce and Margaret Dickinson, I now have three!! After reading the authors book, The Dawn of Saudi I was absolutely blown away and knew I had to read her first book, Lemon Curd. I literally could not wait until it arrived, although when you look forward to something so much you do worry slightly in case it doesn't match your expectations, I needn't have worried. Another fantastic 'unable to put down' read.

The main character, Anna L
Megan Coffie
Mar 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lemon Curd is the story of Anna Lisa, a successful account executive and her coworker, Neil Whittaker. Things don't start off well for these two - Neil's cocky attitude does not sit well with Anna Lisa, a hardworking woman who has no time for drama. After taking a second look, these two start to wonder if maybe they were wrong about each other... maybe there's something more between them than they had thought.

The story isn't just about Neil and Anna Lisa. There's Anna Lisa's boyfriend, who is an
Sandrag Gallegos
Feb 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I started reading this book I found it very difficult to put it down. Finished it in 3 days! First of all, I am feeling homesick to my hometown Los Angeles so having this book take place their made me feel like I was home. Second, I was able to relate to Anna on a personal level. At one point in my life I wanted to be a career woman who had it all with no help from anyone. It made me think that had I chosen that path, that's how I would have ended up being instead of a Stay-At-Home mo ...more
Dianna (SavingsInSeconds blog)
Looking for a lighthearted summer read? Lemon Curd by Homa Pourasgari is a good one to pack for the beach. A gently budding romance between two career-minded Type A individuals is the premise of the story. The obstacles standing in their way border on the predictable, but you won't mind. There is enough humor and cultural drama to keep things going. I finished this book in two days because I just needed to see how the two fared by the end. Sometimes I felt that the actions of the characters conf ...more
Elizabeth
Apr 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lemon Curd is the story of Ana, the average workaholic woman living in United States. She ends up having to work with and even share an office with Neil, a British man that came to the US for a work assignment. However, her and Neil got off to a very rough start. Needless to say, Ana is not happy about the new situation.

Ana and Neil are both in serious relationships when they meet each other, but their attraction to each other is very apparent. Even though they cannot get along and do not like
Rebecca Bryant
Mar 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lemon Curd by Homa Paragarsi was a really good book I was thoroughly captivated by it. A love story that follows two very head strong and independent people Anna Lisa and Neil don’t like each other at first but are forced to work together. Through their working relationship they begin to find common ground and soon realize how much they have in common but sometimes love isn’t easy and when both characters are stubborn and headstrong find ones way to back to the person you love can be a rather di ...more
Kimberley Gaines
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Lemon Curd is all about comic romance, it is also a type of sarcastic romance as the two main characters are very sarcastic to one another. It is very humorous and you really feel as you know the characters. Their are times when you will want to say "Oh what the heck are you thinking" or "come on already", but you will not be disappointed at all with this book. I was sad when it ended and I cannot wait to read more books from Homa POurasgari. She is an amazing writer.
SaraLee
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was happy to get the chance to read another one of Homa Pourasgari's books. I read The Dawn of Saudi: In Search for Freedom book and knew I wanted to read Lemon Curd. I was surprised at how this book was true to my life in the way the main characters interacted with each other. They were sarcastic and funny. I liked how the romance between the characters flowed and was not like any other romance book. I would say this is a good book to read on one of those rainy weekends.
Gina
Mar 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lemon Curd is a lovely romantic story without being a “romance novel”. I really enjoyed the fact that the heroine was a REAL modern day woman. Anna Lisa is very relatable, and feels like someone I might know or call a friend.

I flew through this book in just a couple days, and I can’t wait for the authors next book!
Melissa Lawler
Mar 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I dove right into this book. The characters and story line drew me in and kept me there. I fell in love with Neil and I wish he was real! This is one of those books that is hard to put down so plan on reading until you are finished! Definitely a must read.
Misty
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was an extremely well-written romantic fiction novel. It kept me involved and interested. I love watching the relationship between Anna Lisa and Neil evolve. The characters and happenings are very relatable and also intruiging. I highly reccomend it.
Melz
Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely stunning modern romance novel. The characters draw you in and hold you and the author's ability to write exceptional and witty lines captures your interest. This is the perfect Summer read.
Azarin