Start by marking “Culture Clash (Drama High, #10)” as Want to Read:
Culture Clash (Drama High, #10)

Culture Clash

(Drama High #10)

Ever since she discovered a love for drag racing, it's full speed ahead for Jayd Jackson. . .Fed up with the way her school's handling Cultural Awareness Day, Jayd and her crew decide to form the first African Student Union. Now some notorious haters are out for blood. But that's not the only multicultural activity Jayd's got cooking. On the boy front, Jayd discovers she ...more
Published February 1st 2010 by Dafina (first published January 23rd 2010)

Start your review of Culture Clash (Drama High, #10)
eltamis

Fed up with the way her school's handling Cultural Awareness Day, Jayd and her crew decide to form the first African Student Union. Now some notorious haters are out for blood. But that's not the only multicultural activity Jayd's got cooking. On the boy front, Jayd discovers she loves being behind the wheel of her friends' hot rods, but she can't deny her attraction for Emilio, the new Latino sophomore
CYNTHIA
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this book is about a girl named Jayde.she was really sassy and love to get in a lot of drama.i liked this book because it said a lot of bad words and made it better by being funny.i would recommend this boom to my friend Asia because sh loves all the novels.
Alayna Fontenot
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Crystal  Belle
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Meh. I really wanted to like this series and I think it’s possible that urban students, particularly those in Compton, LA, would very much enjoy and connect with a variety of scenes.

With that said, the plot was all over the place, there were too many disjointed scenes interrupting the flow and pace of the narrative that caused boredom for me.

I really enjoyed some of the well thought out scenes addressing themes of interracial marriage, racism, teen relationships and classism. A young person
Kadija
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Simply amazing, After reading the last book Holidaze, I said it was the best. Now I am saying that Culture Clash is the best in the Drama High Series and I'm sure I'll continue to say this as I keep on reading the following books. This is what makes L. divine such a great writer and her books so enjoyable by its readers. This book would take you on an adventure, have you on the edge of your seat and so drawn into the story. In this book the main character Jayd takes control as usual and forms an ...more
Jose Ortiz
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mercedes
Feb 15, 2013 marked it as to-read
Dear Samantha,

I am reading the book Drama High: Culture Clash by L.Divine which is a work of a novel. This book made me realize that going to a school where their are different ethnic background that stands out in one another, can effect many student in such a veag way.

This book made me realize that african american students that feel the same way as teachers do in debating wise, such as the debation of black history month, can effect other students (hispanics) in a way where they might feel
Lisa
May 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Jayd is back and this time, Rah and her are over, and jeremy is just a little jealous. But its culture day at South Bay, and Jayd is ready to bring it on with the whole, african sprit thing her family does. Having weird dreams about Sandy and going to therapy after slapping Misty.
I can make a text to text connection. In the Fight (first book in the Drama High Series) Jayd gets hit by Treece, who went to a school for anger issued kids. But Jayd isn't that bad so she just has to go to therapy
Jamika
Dec 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who likes drama!
Recommended to Jamika by: Ms.Toth and my amazing reading teacher Ms.Cain
What i've learned from this book is that the main character Jayd Jackson a sassy sixteen year old junoir in high school who lives in Compton,California with her grandmother her she calls mama and her mom(Lynn Marie and she works at her godmother's(Netta)hair salon:Netta's Never Nappy Hair Salon.In this bok Jayd learns more about her culture and that she wants to make a differnce at her ghetto school and teach and learn and start a group that teaches about black and african american history for ...more
Bless
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a very wonderful book, and you learn more about Jayd's culture and how everyone sees it or knows about it. I recommend this book because there is a sense of heat and attraction in between Jayd and three boys and it will make readers thirst for more Drama High books.
Olivia Owens
Oct 13, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was very interesting once it got to the end if you hate books with unnesisary talking this isn't for you but if you are the type of person who can commit to a series this book will be kind of like that i enjoyed it but i am glad i got sidetracked.
Marline
Sep 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was a fast read for me at first I liked Emilio but then afterwards not so much. Each of these book holds a new adventure and takes you everywhere. Jayd is a great character who sometimes slips up but always stands tall!!
Rayzin
Aug 28, 2010 added it
This book was very good and every book she get I will most definitly purchase and has. I love her books because some of the things she wrtes about i can realate cause i have seen it before or heard about it.
Mimi
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As always I loved this book just like the first. L. Divine is one of my favorite authors and Drama High is My favorite series of books. I've enjoyed reading each book thus far.
Taylor
May 23, 2013 added it
Shelves: 1
l
Zaria
Dec 12, 2012 added it
Shelves: contest-shelf
Jayd friend Emilo is flirting with her and one day Jeremy was outside and Emilo kiss Jayd and Jayd got mad and punch Emilo and Jeremy was shock.
Kiko Coyona
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. And it's the first book I read in the series, mostly because this interested me more that they were adding racial views.
Shenikah Ottley
i cannot get to open none fo my books this is so fustrating
Chelle
Mar 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This was the best book i have ever read i look forward
to da next 1.CANT WAIT!
Lupinus Texensis
This book lost a star because of Jeremy.
Sky
Aug 26, 2010 added it
i read all tha drama high series YAY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Destinee
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bibliophile Booklover
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
rah needs to get over himself nuff said
Diamonique
Oct 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
I loved this one. Jayd has a new crush and with this crush comes more drama. And as always Misty is lurking in the background to start some drama. I know you guys get tired of her as much as me.
Tikeija Johnson
I thought the book was inspiring in a different kind of way but i nway i kan understand it.
Abolade
Jul 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Michelle
May 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: drama-high
this was good that school has some background issues for real
Jameeka
Feb 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I really like this book its like the 10th book in the Drama High series
Nyshagriffiths
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was just everything. I loved it from start to finish! it was so good with the twists and turns. I was so addicted, I read this any time I could it was just that good. I highly recommend this book.

• Shortie Like Mine  (Shortie Like Mine #1)
  • Hot Girl
  • So Not The Drama (Del Rio Bay Clique, #1)
  • Like Sisters on the Homefront
  • Kendra
  • The Lying Game (The Lying Game, #1)
  • Never Have I Ever (The Lying Game, #2)
  • Shrink to Fit
  • Dirty Jersey
  • Hip-Hop High School
  • Dreamsleeves
  • Until Tomorrow, Mr. Marsworth
  • Ruby in the Sky
  • The Marble Queen
  • The Creature of the Pines (The Unicorn Rescue Society, #1)
  • Lesson Learned (Keysha, #3)
  • Crown of Feathers (Crown of Feathers, #1)
  • Fast Life
L. Divine is a young female author of the young adult fiction series Drama High. L. Divine is also a priestess who is originally from California, has lived in Jamaica and currently resides with her children in Atlanta. She also holds advanced degrees in African American studies from UCLA.

Drama High (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Fight (Drama High, #1)
  • Second Chance (Drama High, #2)
  • Jayd's Legacy (Drama High, #3)
  • Frenemies (Drama High, #4)
  • Lady J (Drama High, #5)
  • Courtin' Jayd (Drama High,  #6)
  • Hustlin' (Drama High, #7)
  • Keep It Movin' (Drama High, #8)
  • Holidaze (Drama High, #9)
  • Cold as Ice (Drama High, #11)