Start by marking “See Jack Die” as Want to Read:
See Jack Die

Read Book

See Jack Die (See Jack Die #1)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  116 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
See Jack Die (part 1 of 5)
by Nicholas Black

Jack Pagan might as well be 4 months old. He awoke in a hospital after suffering a head injury that left him dead for over 67 minutes. All of his long-term memories were destroyed. Now he has to start his life again. But his accidental flirt with death left him a special gift. In those few minutes as he fades off to sleep each nig
Published December 1st 2008 by Nicholas Black (first published 2008)

Ia Novelozo
it was okay, although it seemed pretty similar to Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas series. jack pagan and odd thomas are pretty much seeing the same things, especially the black shadow-like creatures. though of course odd thomas didn't have amnesia or a junkie friend. anyway, looking forward to the See Jack Hunt ^-^
Gatha G
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The rating says it all....It was okay.Nothing more,nothing less.
Greg
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this unique tale, and can't wait to get the follow-up book See Jack Hunt. The author's use of the first person--usually a hindrance in my humble opinion--works very well. Having lived in the Dallas area for more than 25 years, it was nice to have the story set in that city. Although I haven't been back in almost a decade, it was like traveling familiar stomping grounds. I also thoroughly enjoyed the author's, and main characters, sense of humor.
Ally
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I loved this book, I could not stop reading it, I recommend reading it.
Books! Books! Books!
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was so different, I couldn't put it down! I can't wait it see what comes next for Jack/John! Sorta reminds me of Supernatural.
April
Aug 16, 2012 rated it liked it

It was ok. A little drug out, but the ending picked back up again and it turned out pretty good.
Katherine
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book easily had the best written I've ever seen, hands down. To take such heavy subjects, that sometimes become a hassle to read and make them so fresh is no easy task. This book had the perfect amount of jokes to lighten the mood, but also some great quotes to live and learn by. The ending was also great, not a painful cliffhanger, but a great to be continued. I usually don't read books with this subject matter, and stopped often, but once I committed I saw the genius of it all.
Jarome
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked the concept, though as others have pointed out, it is derivative of another series. That's not a major issue in my view. The main problem for me was the style. The excessive (and often failed) attempts at humor overshadowed everything else and ruined the suspense for me.
Eddie
Aug 30, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meh. I really need a book to grab me by the throat. It's been a while since I've encountered that. Gimme one now, please!
Kade
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent series.
Sherri
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story. Author doesn't know difference between your and you're. Kiiiiind of important for an author to know. Track changes visible throughout kindle edition which was distracting.
Trish Cordero
Sammi
May 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Changing a cover? 6 162 Aug 21, 2012 08:29PM
Goodreads Librari...: PLEASE ERASE EVERY THING...goodreads is failing! 8 272 Aug 15, 2012 10:30PM
  • Trainland
  • The Night Girl: The Complete Series (All 8 Books)
  • The Hunting Tree Trilogy (Books 1-3)
  • Vodník
  • The Moon Rises (Gigi Monroe, #1)
  • Where Darkness Dwells
  • Bay's End
  • Eaters: The Beginning
  • Eloah's Amulet (Book 1 of 4)
  • The Living And The Dead
  • Redemption (Hearts of Stone, #1)
  • WISH (Shudderville Episodes 1 - 8)
  • Broken Faith (Spiritual Discord, #1)
  • Crawlspace
  • Hallowed Ground
  • Vivid (The Vivid Trilogy Book 1)
  • Dark Grace (Grace, #3)
  • Spirits of New Orleans: Voodoo Curses, Vampire Legends and Cities of the Dead
Controversial novelist Nicholas Black is the author of several fiction and non-fiction works including:

Soul's Harbor: True Adventures of Medic-13
Chasing Daylight
Burning Heaven
The Messenger
How to Write a Fiction Novel in 30 Days or Le
More about Nicholas Black...

See Jack Die (2 books)
  • See Jack Hunt (See Jack Die, #2)