Start by marking “Perfect Fit” as Want to Read:

(The Perfect Series #2)

When Sage discovers her fiance has depleted her bank accounts, she is reeling with disappointment. She accepts a job promotion that involves relocating to Alaska in the hope of getting her life back on track. But she hasn't counted on meeting Gabriel, a man who will challenge everything she thought she knew about love."
Published April 1st 2006 by Kensington (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Fit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Fit

Start your review of Perfect Fit
SassyMama
Sep 10, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Fit is a Pefect Read

Sage Dunbar is at the top of her marketing career and is engaged to her college sweetheart, she is living the life most women dream about. But what a difference a day makes. In blink of an eye, her world is shattered when her fiance depletes her bank accounts and turns her dream into a nightmare.~~~~~~~Gabriel Blackwell is handsome, single and successful. As co-owner of a top architectural firm he is a hot commodity in and out of the boardroom. Gabe wants to find a go
Patrice Hoffman
Apr 07, 2012 rated it liked it
I usually don't read romance novels because they are usually so predictable and sappy. Of course this one fits the bill as being just as sappy and predictable. Damaged girl meets damaged boy and then let the love begin. The beauty of romance novels are that they can sometimes be a great escape from my usual suspense or crime thriller. I enjoyed escaping into this one. The characters were flawed and the premise was predictable but the writer still managed to get me to continue turning the page.

I
Aisha Oaktree
Originally Reviewed on The Bewitching Bibliophile

I picked this one up pretty quickly after reading Perfect Timing. Since I originally started with this book I was able to dive right in with some background on the main character telling the story. I dived into this having glimpsed the character from the previous book and having formed an idea of who he was due to his actions and the advice he gave in book one.

Now Brenda writes characters that are amazingly relatable. They are successful, come fro
Tasha Williams
Apr 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Excellent, Excellent! Highly recommend if you're interested in reading romance novels that focus on the relationships of black men and women.
Briana
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked how it was a bit difficult for the two main characters, Gabe and Sage, to be together. I feel it resembles real life, especially since the difficulty was both of the characters having 'baggage'. They both weren't so trusting at first because of past relationships. They even hurt each other in the process. But what I love most about romance novels is that love wins in the end, somehow, someway. I was also going through a similar situation at the time I was reading this novel, so I loved i ...more
Twana
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm glad Sage finally found the man that would make her happy. She should have not let her daddy and ex-fiance get in the way of her happiness. Plus, Gabe also has some distrust in his ex-girlfriend, which just like Sage clouded his judgement when it came to the matters of the heart. Just because someone cheats, and steal something that is valuable to you. It doesn't mean the next person will do the same. Heartache doesn't last forever, it mends overtime and with faith.
Valencia Harvey
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

I love everything you have written. Starting with The Westmoreland Series and everything else by you. I have the hardest time putting the book down and always reading into the early morning. Keep up the good work. Waiting for the next book.
Cynthia Patterson
Buttercup

I love the author, I enjoy reading any books she writes, this book was an especially excellent one. Loved both main characters. Loved how she developed the story.I look forward to reading her next book.☺
Sada
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read as usual from this author

Ms Jackson knows how to tell a story that keeps you interested. Gabe and Sage, couple of the year. Loved them both. I understand how Sage felt about trusting men after what her father and Erol did. Gabe restored her faith. Loved this story.
Pbkreader
Feb 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Found myself skipping a lot of pages especially in the 3rd part of the book. Wasn't expecting or enjoying the sermon Jackson felt was necessary to explain Sage's moms forgiveness of her dads affair. Too religious for my taste.
Cescile
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great read by Mrs. Jackson, I've always been a fan of your work and I will continue to support you!!
Aliya Steele
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read!

I would recommend this to adults. It's nice to read about black love for a change. I don't want to give anything away!
Jenn
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story!

This has everything in a story i love 💘 I didn't want to put it down. Staying up until 2am when I had to be up at 6 tells you!
Mariann
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the very first ones I found. Been hooked ever since.
Brenda Pursley
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

I love this author..I think I have read everything she has written. Looking forward to the next adventure and love story.
Dahlia Vertreese
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
So cute.
Kaja Manuel
Jul 31, 2020 rated it did not like it
This isn’t a RomCom as much as a Christian romance ugh
Not sure how a women that had a formerly committed relationship has never been on top before.
Boring classic formula that I won’t be reading another
Hurt main character, close friend/ parent faces betrayal/ infidelity, main character/ romance interest get together, heal almost all, get hung up on something, find each other again and commit in a religious way

Sex is too tame and dances around the main points. Who wants to hear ‘I want/ need to
Deb
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!! Talk about a very well written book. I picked this book to read as something different for me. The times I have read romance novels by black woman it was very racy with no plot. When I picked up the Perfect Fit at my local Wal-mart, I was very intrigued. I was reading another romance novel when I purchased this one and it wasn't holding my attention. I started "The Perfect Fit" and couldn't put it down. After recently going through a break up myself, I identified with both Gabe and Sage. ...more
Brianna
In Perfect Fit by Brenda Jackson is the story of about a woman named Sage who betrayed by her fiance but soon finds love in the cold and beautiful Alaska. Sage Dunbar was living a perfect life until she found of about the two most important men in her life; her father and fiance. First she finds out that her fiance emptied out her bank accounts for a bet but also that her father was having an affair on her mother. Filled with disappointment and betrayal she takes a job promotion that is located ...more
Tammy Benton
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved Brenda Jackson book Perfect Fit. This book is about Sage Dunbar and Gabriel Blackwell (aka) Gabe. Sage Dunbar was career oriented women who had it all until her fiancee Erol Carlson betrayal by withdrawing all her money out of their joint account and her inheritance money from her grandmother. Erol didn't get why she broke-up with him and called off their engagement wedding because he betrayed her trust. Also she found out her father had affair on her mother of 30 years marriage. She end ...more
Karen
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
What a wonderful story about true love, trust, loyalty, and betrayal. Sage and Gabe both had to learn how to trust and truly get over previous relationships, betrayal, and disappointments and learn how to trust before their storybook romance could take place. Both had to deal with baggage before admitting what was evident between them "TRUE LOVE"! The story was detailed and well written...a must read!!!!!

I read Gabe's and Sage's love story for a second time, and I must admit that I enjoyed it th
Rhapsody Phoenix
Jan 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Though i enjoyed the valuable lessons each character had to deal with in terms of releasing baggage i.e. pass hurts, learning about forgiveness and acceptance I didn't enjoy the amount of internal dialog the author had her characters doing. I found that irritating and felt it took me away from really loving the characters interaction with each other. While I am all for self-reflection I don't necessarily want to drown in it.
Judith
Feb 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
A very nice and readable novel that features the whole issue of trust in relationships. Not earthshaking in its import as literature but a novel that is a pleasant use of a reader's time and energy. Also enjoy stories that feature African-American characters and give readers a look-see into their thoughts, relationships, family circles, and the way that faith factors into their life experience.
Veronica
Mar 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed how the author made the characters successful. I also liked how she made the men committed to their relationships. This is a positive spin on African American men and their relationships. The bible refererences gave the book a personal touch. This was a quick and easy read and I will read her books again. I read this book over a rainy weekend.
reneeNaDaBomb
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gp, urban-fiction
Perfect Fit

This book was a pleasure to read because of the great storyline and character development between Gabe Blackwell & Sage Dunbar as their relationship blossoms. This love story is steamy & hot, yet the sex compliments their attraction. Sexual chemistry as Gabe would say.

I will read more works by this author. I give this novel 4****.
Toniette
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like the twist

I'm so used to the guy being the one w/o commitment phobia. It was a nice twist having it being the girl for once. I can't wait to read Perfect Moments to find out about this business deal between Rose and Parnell....
Monique
Oct 21, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone
Good book. I guess opposites do attract.
Loujean
To me it was a litle slow taking off but once I got futher along I really enjoyed.
Ikaika
Nov 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Great book. I loved the story. Probably one of my fastest reads yet.
Shonnie
Feb 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
I thought it was okay. I had to much sympathy for Erol so it was hard to root for the heroine.

• Promising Forever (Falling for a Rose Book 11)
  • She Said Yes (Falling For A Rose Book 6)
  • Tempted By You (Falling For A Rose Book 9)
  • Playing with Temptation (Pleasure Cove, #2)
  • Model Attraction
  • Seasoned
  • All You'll Ever Need (Jenkins Family #2)
  • The Bridal Suite (The Innkeepers, #4)
  • Enough (Falling For A Rose Book 2)
  • Only If You Dare (Falling For A Rose #3)
  • Safe With Me (Falling For A Rose Book 1)
  • Tender Secrets (The Warner Family, #1)
  • Two Grooms And A Wedding
  • His Marriage Demand (The Stewart Heirs Book 2)
  • Sinful Temptation (Twins of Sin, #2)
  • This Christmas Rivalry
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • Only Hers
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom

The Perfect Series (2 books)
  • Perfect Timing