Start by marking “The Dragon in the Driveway (Dragon Keepers, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dragon in the Driveway (Dragon Keepers, #2)

The Dragon in the Driveway (Dragon Keepers #2)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  782 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
The Dragon Keepers have a new mission!

It's been raining for days, and dragon keepers Jesse and Daisy have been stuck inside with their dragon, Emmy. As soon as the rain stops, they are out of the house in a flash. First on their list of things to do? To find out what the villainous Dr. St. George—a dragon slayer in disguise—is up to.

But Dr. St. George isn’t in his o
Published September 22nd 2009 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Dragon in the Driveway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dragon in the Driveway

Shala Howell
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The 6YO told me I should give this book a six stars out of five. I did my best.
Anna Nesterovich
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
This second book was a lesser success in our family. Even my 6-year-old thinks that there is something wrong with the plot. The heroes didn't get what's going on, have been manipulated all book without even questioning it, and won everything at the end. I hope the next one is better.
Conan Tigard
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
In The Dragon in the Driveway, St. George is back, although he really doesn't make an appearance until the end of the book. You know that he is out there performing horrible deed, you just don't get to see him right away. He is a nasty piece of work, but that is what makes him a magnificent villain. Being a tree hugger, I was quite upset with him when he was bulldozing down all the trees in the forest. That, in my opinion, is just wrong.

Emmy is now a month old and a lot bigger than she was in th
Dolly
Apr 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read longer chapter books
This is the second book in the Dragon Keepers series by Kate Klimo and John Shroades. We discovered this series by chance during a library visit and my oldest is enthralled. She read the first two book almost nonstop until she finished them and we've quickly put the next books in the series on hold at our local library. She really hopes that more will be published soon!

I found the book to be a quick, entertaining read. It's a great series to introduce children into the sci-fi/fantasy genre and h
Silvara Wilde
May 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Check out my other reviews, discussions and link ups at Fantasy of the Silver Dragon.

In this book we get to meet dryads and hobgoblins, as well as old friends and enemies. I loved how Daisy and Jesse went from thinking the hobgoblins must be evil because they were so ugly, to being friends and finding them kind of cute.

Emmy is larger now, and just as adorable. She's speaking in full sentences, but with her own twists and flair. She's also learning new magics, especially if they help her get her
Bridget R. Wilson
Sep 27, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
Jesse, Daisy, and their dragon Emmy mare back in this new book in the Dragon Keepers series. Emmy has a hard time remembering to be an English sheepdog. A disguise is necessary to protect her from the evil St. George. Speaking of, he's keeping a low profile. Jesse and Daisy haven't seen him in days. They decided to check up on him. He's apparently abandoned his ruse as a college professor. Discovering what St. George is up to leads the Dragon Keepers and their dragon on an adventure. They meet d ...more
Dustin Crazy little brown owl
I sure hope this series continues and by the way this second book ended - it looks like it will :-) I like this book even better than the first (Dragon in the Sock Drawer). Elements of the first story which seemed unimportant were focal to the story in Dragon in the Driveway. In my opinion, this book is written better than the Secrets of Droon and better than most of the Magic Tree House books (the Merlin Missions are very good :-) There is more substance and more room in the pages for a better ...more
Lil Akili
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
The Dragon In The Driveway
The Dragon in the Driveway by Kate Klimo is part of the dragon keepers series. Jesse and Daisy are the protagonists in this series. In this book, it is a rainy day and Jesse and Daisy are inside with their dragon, Emmy. When the rain stops, the run out of the house and are on a Journey. They are on their way to find their enemy, Dr. St George-a dragon slayer in disguise. They quickly go to the college he “ works “ at and can’t find him in his office. Plus to add insult
Darla
Dec 31, 2010 rated it liked it
(Genre:Children's Fiction/Fantasy) The sequel to "The Dragon in the Sock Drawer", this one was not quite as good as the first (for an adult....my 10 year old hasn't read it yet and given me his opinion. He will probably like it just fine). There was one particular action sequence that just didn't make a lot of sense to my husband and I, but maybe that is because we are adults. In this adventure, the evil St. George has disappeared from his office/lab at the college and something strange is happe ...more
Lillian
Brilliant! I fell in love with the first book of the Dragon Keepers series, and I loved the second one too! Like the first book, I couldn't stop reading this one, and it had me laughing through every chapter.

This book caught me a little bit off guard, only because it was a LOT heavier on the fantasy side of things compared to the first book. But that's fine! Just in comparison to the first book, it was a lot different in that way.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this series, and I'd recommend it to any c
Marcia Towey
Feb 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The second installment of the Dragon keepers series does not disappoint. The stakes are higher for the kids as they try to protect their growing dragon from the evil Sir George. Lots of adventures with a fantastic trip underground to meet the goblins. (I love goblins - see also The Princess and the Goblin and the world's funniest goblin (or dwarf come to think of it) in the Artemis Fowl books).

I can't wait to read the next one!
Rayshunj
Sep 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book about two kids who gave there, dog a posion and it turned him him into a dragon.Daisy and Jesse went to find the person who made the posion before there parents come home from 2days vacation.

I have a connection to this book because i had to do something before my parents came home also find something my also went on vacation before.

I recommend this book cause it has a lot of aventure
Jonah
Nov 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
I read this book and found it to be much better them the first one, but I'm not saying that I did not like the first one, I loved the first one. And this book really opened the background, the author really had you thinking about gold mine town. Jesse & Daisy were not staying in one place, no they where running every were, from dell to miss Alodie then to there house. This book really made you think, & that is one of the reasons I loved it.
Beth A.
Cute story about a dragon and the two kids who are assigned to be its "Dragon Keepers." My daughter Loves, Loves, Loves this series. This one features Dryads and Hobgoblins, along with Jesse, Daisy, and the evil St. George.

I thought this one was a little less believable, but my daughter didn't notice.
Little Miss and the Legomeister

I thought this one was a little less believable, but Little Miss didn't notice.
Brittany Perry
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really love this series ans in this one it really turned up the fantastical referances with the hob goblins and tree spirits. The villain is so evil so perfect for a children's book. While adults like an evil villain we always hope there is a reason why he is evil and that he has some good but for children who like things in clear good/evil categories, this is a perfect book.
Lindsay
May 03, 2012 rated it liked it
I read this book out loud to my 5 year old. I'm pretty sure it's geared towards a slightly older child, but Carson picked up most of it. I think it would be a super fun 8 year old to read alone... cute story for a child, but I found myself a little bored.
Jfn
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! Can not wait to read the next one.
Debbie
Feb 02, 2012 rated it liked it
The second book in the Dragonkeepers Series. The further adventures of Jesse and his cousin Daisy and their dragon.
Justece
Mar 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Funny and very well written! It was equally if not better than the first! Kate Klimo is very talented!
Bill Tillman
A really fun book aimed at 3rd & 4th graders. I don't mind looking in and enjoyed the trip with two ten year olds. BTW I checked out book 1 from my library just to see what I missed.
Yanfriends
Jun 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A little bit scarier than the first but still fun to read!
Lkowalczyk
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: borrowed
The series continues with another delightful tale. My 10 year old grandson loves these and so do I.
Christine
Such a cute series :)
Tiffiny
My 10-year-old son read this.
QuickSilver
gooooooooooood!
Joy
May 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable and easy read! Love YA books!
Hillvan
750L
Melinda Lopez
Jesse and Daisy continue thier care of Emmy. They also learn more about St. George and some of their neighbors. If you liked Dragon in the Sock Drawer you'll need to keep reading.
  • The Basilisk’s Lair (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist, #2)
  • Winter Door (The Gateway Trilogy, #2)
  • Jeff Corwin: A Wild Life: The Authorized Biography
  • Mostly Sunny with a Chance of Storms
  • The Wind in the Willows
  • Samurai (Simon St George #2)
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • City of Time (The Navigator Trilogy, #2)
  • The Last Enchanter  (Celestine Chronicles #2)
  • Gruffen (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent, #1)
  • The Dragon of Lonely Island
  • Venom of the Serpent's Cunning (Andy Smithson, #2)
  • Mason McQueen and the Gargoyle's Curse (book 1)
  • Shadows in the Twilight
  • A Nest for Celeste: A Story About Art, Inspiration, and the Meaning of Home
  • Nightborn (Thrones & Bones, #2)
  • Guardian's Rise (The Sons of Masguard, #2)
  • Fiendish Deeds (Joy of Spooking, #1)

Dragon Keepers (6 books)
  • The Dragon in the Sock Drawer (Dragon Keepers, #1)
  • The Dragon in the Library (Dragon Keepers, #3)
  • The Dragon in the Volcano (Dragon Keepers #4)
  • The Dragon in the Sea (Dragon Keepers #5)
  • The Dragon at the North Pole (Dragon Keepers #6)