Start by marking “Insurrection (Nevermore, #1)” as Want to Read:
Insurrection (Nevermore, #1)

Insurrection (Nevermore #1)

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  455 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
The virus ran swiftly on the hot summer breeze. Unseen. Unheard. Unknown. It swept through the entire earth in a matter of months, having mercy on no one. Young-old-it didn't matter. Now, magic and chaos reign. The fight for planet earth and survival is on.
Paperback, 1st Edition
Published November 14th 2017 by Nemesis Publications

To ask other readers questions about Insurrection, please sign up.
Alex Zeeman Hi :) here's a quote from the Sherrilyn Kenyon Facebook page that will answer your question:

"I know a lot of you have been asking about Insurrection.…more

"I know a lot of you have been asking about Insurrection. It is to be our launch title for the new Book Magus site, which we were hoping to launch tomorrow. But due to unforseen delays and the holiday, we’re not going to be able to get the site up this week. To make this up, Sherri is going to start releasing free chapters of the book every two weeks on the regular site until we get the new site fully operational. So at midnight tonight, on the CryNevermore.com site, we will post chapter 1 for free. And if we don’t have the site up in two more weeks, you’ll get another free chapter. Worse case scenario, you'll get the entire book for free if we don't get the site done soon. Think of it as the literary version of a TV show, and this is the summer season. You can see the episodes or wait for the season at the end."

(less)

Gary
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm sorry to say I'm only giving the book a 2 star rating and that's a shame for me peronally as I'm a mega sherrilyn kenyon fan but the characters are lacking in any depth the story line is so Bare as to be a joke it not up to her personal best that I know she is capable of doing
Megzy
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I am being generous in my rating. Sherrilyn Kenyon books are on automatic buy for me but this book is nowhere near what I know she is capable of writing. The book in general is too short and the characters are not developed well. To top it off, the story line is lacking.
Betty Morgan
It’s just the first six chapters of a novel so that’s the first thing you should know. I read everything SK writes and love 99% of it. But Insurrection heads into inappropriate sexual attraction really really fast. And it’s predictable. Nothing like what I expect from SK’s books. I won’t be reading the rest.
Staci (stacisbookishprobs)
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
We all know I’m absolute trash for anything Sherrilyn Kenyon writes.

So of course I loved this! This is so different from anything I’ve ever read by her (and I’ve read a lot of her stuff) this very apocalyptic/fantasy world was so new and fun to be in! I really hope a sequel comes out soon because ya girl needs answers!

The only problem I had was it was WAY to short! This book comes in at only 118 pages and I could’ve gone for a couple more hundred pages of this badass book.
 B.E.Love
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm almost 100% positive I have been waiting for this book for around 5 years. I remember when I first heard about it on Sherrilyn Kenyon's web sight and couldn't wait for this book. I decided to pick this up because honestly I needed something different. This was just what I was looking for. I love the world that she created and it was so interesting and engaging. I loved the story and was into this book from page one. However this book is too short I really wish this book had been longer. The ...more
Amal
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sherrilyn Kenyon is a solid writer, of that there is no doubt at all. Her new series of Insurrection seems to be replacing the series the Chronicles of Nick which has now merged with the Dark Hunters.

This is the first book in the series and I quite enjoyed it though I felt like more backstory on the drabs would have been great. Perhaps we will get that later on.

Waiting for the next installment before I decide if this is a must read or not.
Kris
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Much shorter than I had been expecting, so a bit of a let down as to how much new material I got to enjoy. Due to the shorter format, what was given was smashed in very quickly.

But, it was still good, true Kenyon work and I want the rest of the series.
Taylor Breedlove
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I can't wait for the next one!
Lady S
Jan 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
Normally I love books by SK no matter how long or short the book is, but this one left me cold and turned me off. Maybe it was the storyline or just all the plain vitriol being spewed by Crow. For me, I have read brand new writers come up with better plots than this one has. Just maybe SK should stick with her Dark and her Were Hunters. JMO
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Perfect start to new apocalyptic series.

Perfect start to new apocalyptic series. I’m super excited for more of this series. Kudos to Kenyon.
Review to follow soon.
Suzette Banick
Apr 19, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
This was a hard one to score. It was especially painful because Kenyon is my favorite author. But this book is just not up to her normal writings. Not only is it a lot shorter, a good forth of the size is made up of previews, a couple of full-page illustrations, and large margins, but there were typos, distracting and disjointed internal monologues, and not enough world building. It felt more like what I would expect for a first or second draft. Maybe one or two more rewrites would have been hel ...more
Karen Victoria
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can Mankind's Will To Survive Be Enough?

Kenyon has built another fascinating world version.
Our introduction to post-invasion earth has painted a perilous future for humans. They are all in hiding as the alien invaders have decided that people are no more than scraps, or vermin, who don't deserve to live on their planet. All humans are nothing more than tissue donars, slaves, and don't deserve to exist.
The Nevermore characters are compelling and have evolved, over a 100 year invasion, into much
Erin
Feb 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
I’ve enjoyed every one of SK’s Dark Hunter and League books so I didn’t even think about looking into this one before automatically purchasing it. This was a huge let down. It’s way too short to be its own book because everything was too rushed. A climactic moment occurs so quickly that I didn’t have time to be invested in caring how the characters are affected by it.

The editing was terrible as well. At first I thought it was part of the idea that humans forgot how to talk correctly or that the
Jennifer Roach
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm a big fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon's books but wasn't sure how this new series was going to strike me. Written decades ago, she worked to get this published for years and now has the name and staying power to get it done. While this is just a novella it introduces us to a world where humans are being exterminated or used by the Drabs, an alien race that came to Earth and took over. Humans under age 25 survived though, with new abilities. Other humans became Remnants, or flesh-eaters, but being su ...more
Sherily
This is a really hard one to rate. I love Sherrilyn Kenyon and every single novel and short she has released. This one is a short novella type, young adult series about an apocalyptic future. I do love the concept and where she may be leading us. There is excitement and suspense for sure. I do look forward to the next installment as I want to see how this progresses.
I rate 3 stars mainly because it was way too short. You don't really get to enjoy the characters and you don't get to learn much a
Ainoa
Feb 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm super confused. This book hasn't come out, but the first 6 chapters are available. The premise is interesting, although not so quite original (still, it left me wanting to read more). However, the characters seem...meh. And don't get me started on the instalove. What. You're telling me you have this male character whose family got murdered by an alien invasion and suddenly he got the hots for the main female alien of the story. COME ON, KENYON. I've read far too many of your books to know th ...more
Aimee
Jan 30, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK
I bought this book for $6.56 (AUD) and I LOVED IT right up until the end of chapter 6 when I realised it wasn't a full book and paid for the sample chapters. REALLY mad that this isn't even a finished book. What the heck even?! I really loved the concept and the story and the beginning but really I feel like I paid for sample chapters and I'm severely disappointed by this. Bloody better get sent an ebook update when the full book is finished. Will Kenyon even finish this one?
ClockworkBookworm
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own, own-ebook, finished
2.5 ~ I normally love Sherrilyn Kenyon's writings. Unfortunately, I have several issues with this one. It is listed by SK as a Novella, not a full length book, but reads more like a sample of 2 stories.

1. Insurrection
Nevermore #1 - 6 chapters

Interesting premise but the possible romantic connection/interest was awkward and not believable if we are to believe the first chapters.

2. The Witch of Endor
The Black Swan Society - 2 chapters

I will watch for the next installment and reviews before purch
Lexi
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good start!

Lost a star for being so short that it's a tease.

We got a group of scrappy humans trying to wrest control of Earth back from aliens who've claimed and colonized the planet, a group of highly intelligent non-zombie zombies trying to get their humanity back, and then there's the aliens themselves.

The book seems to be just an introduction to a new Kenyon world, as little happens til the last few chapters, but it's looking like it's gonna be a fun one to revisit when the next book
Samantha Westall
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Angie H
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a short Novella to give us a taste of what the Nevermore series will be like. I loved it. Sherrilyn Kenyon is pretty much the only YA author I’ll read and this book hit it on the head. It had action, plot, and feeling. Not only that but there’s. Short story the end that is really good for only being like 10 pages or so. If your looking for your next YA series, look no further. I can’t wait for the next book!
Diana Gagliardi
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Walking Dead meets Aliens....

Scary. This book is quick moving and ingenious in is concept. Aliens covet Earth for its beauty and unleashed a plague to exterminate humans. But nature always finds a way. Determined to free earth, The Crow is waging war. Can mutated humans succeed? Will betrayal doom us? Read and see.
Michele Moore
Jan 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
This is so short. It is only 65 pages and isn’t really a stand alone story as the preview of a series to come. I think it could have been the first few chapters of a book, but never should have been sold as its own book.

That being said the story wasn’t awesome either. Placing the rest of this series as wait and see.
Stephanie
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Back when PNR was my favorite genre, Kenyon was one of the first authors that fueled my obsession. I can not state how much I enjoy this lady's writing however i was not really feeling this book. I dont know what turned me off, be it the aliens or the characters i just didnt love it. Eh maybe I'm in one of my moods, I'll try the 2nd book later on if it changes.
Anita Watson
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: sherrilyn
Cant wait for the next book! This is not what I have come to expect from SK. The underlying sexual tension is still there, along with some intrigue. And the bonus of another short story at the end of the book makes it all the more worthwhile. Cant wait to see how this series will develop
Louisa
Mar 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great story, and an intro to this world! Lots of fascinating characters, and I only wish it was longer! Since it was 87 pages, it's more of 0.5 book then a 1 book. Ah, well! Can't wait for more!
Kim Lamar
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is different from anything I have read so far

I believe it is a unique take on apocalyptic life. I can’t figure out what is going on with the secondary characters. I love everything to date that Kenyon has written. So I am looking forward to getting the rest of the story
Rachel
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More please!

Sherrilyn always does an amazing job. I love her character devlopment. This is a new world she has created and I want more. I love the old stuff but I am excited that she is starting this.
Gail Onasch
Intresting story

Very interesting story lines. This book was a bit shorter than I expected so I was a little bummed about that. The ground work has been laid for an interesting series. I am eager to continue with it!!
It has a new title Insurrection 1 35 Apr 06, 2017 08:48AM
  • Monsters
  • Seduce Me in Shadows (Three Worlds, #3)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Consequences
  • The Sharp Bite of Ritual (Spellcrackers.com, #6)
  • Awaken the Damned (League of Guardians, #3)
  • Prophecy of Oz (Prophecy of Oz, #1)
  • Unholy Luck (Downside Ghosts, #6)
  • Baby
  • Chrysalis (Soul Jumper, #1)
  • Pale Blue Flames (The Maker's Song, #6)
  • Faerie Land
  • The Celtic Warrior Princess
  • Demons at the Gates (Phoenix Chronicles, #5)
  • Fury (Menagerie #3)
  • Untitled (Annex, #3)
  • The Fiercest Joy (The Sweetest Dark #3)
  • Unseen
Official Black Hat Society site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Meny

Nevermore (4 books)
  • Omega Rising (Nevermore, #2)
  • Crimson Dawn (Nevermore #3)
  • Midnight’s Last Gleaming (Nevermore #4)

Young Adult Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Night Divided
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
  • The Lotterys Plus One
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chemistry Lessons
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • My Best Friend's Exorcism
  • Liars, Inc.
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Royal Ranger (Ranger's Apprentice, #12)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • I Hate Everyone But You
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
  • The Cruelty
    $7.80 $2.99
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Renegades (Renegades, #1)
“Never cry for a person who cares nothing for the value of your tears.” 1 likes