Start by marking “Wicked Craving (Savannah Reid Mystery, #15)” as Want to Read:
Wicked Craving (Savannah Reid Mystery, #15)

Wicked Craving

(A Savannah Reid Mystery #15)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  857 Ratings  ·  75 Reviews
Savannah Reid may have a few extra curves on her full-figured body, but that hasn't stopped her from becoming one of the most successful private investigators in California. Her latest case puts her hot on the trail of a shady weight lose therapist who has made a killing treating - and cheating - his overweight patients.
Published February 1st 2010 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Craving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Craving

Betty
I have always enjoyed the Savannah Reid adventures. The characters are fleshed out and the southern charm is evident. The comments about food and diet are often funny but true. In the 15th book of this series, Savannah is helping Detective Sergeant Dirk Coulter solved the murder of the wife of a well-known wellness doctor. Granny is visiting from Georgia. Dirk is acting unusual and Savannah is wondering if he has a girlfriend. The Doctor has several secrets that will change the direction of the ...more
Feb 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
I committed a dreaded reading sin when I started this book. I have never read any of the other books in the series - *gasp*!

Luckily, it wasn't hard to figure out what was going on. Savannah is a detective who solves crimes. (Duh!) It was an easy book to read with witty dialogue and memorable characters. Savannah was fun and feisty -- Dirk was quite appealing as well. I was surprised by 'whodunit' at the end -- always a sign of a good mystery.

Also, Savannah is a plump heroine, which was always s
Amanda
Sep 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Savannah Reid Rocks!
She is everything I want to be when I am all grown up.

I am so glad that Granny Reid has the time and energy to visit Savannah so often, Granny is such a great character.

I know that it may be unlikely but I hope that Gus decides to give Savannah a reward for solving his ex-wife's murder and ensuring that justice prevailed.

I hope that Lydia manages to break the cycle of violence in her life, and that she manages to stay in touch with Savannah (even if it is only a card at Chris
Sheri
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a new series for me and I liked the main character Savannah Reid and her Gran visiting and she and Dirk investigating a case of a woman who fell off a cliff and died and her husband who was a weight loss doctor. All that is debunked and they come to a good ending. Not a lot of violence but some and twists and turns with the mystery of who-dun-it. I will explore this series of books and find some earlier books to read next.
Pamela Sepulvado
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I started with book #15 something i never do but am thrilled I did. Savannah and Dirk are a perfect crime solving team. This witty duo has to solve the murder case of Maria, Dr. Wellmen's wife after finding her dead body on the beach at the bottom of a clift. And find her missing jewels
This mystery will draw you in from page 1.
Dolina Millar
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: tcpl, mystery
Savannah Reid, private investigator, and her policeman beau track down the murderers of shady weight loss therapist and his wife. The zaftig Reid has much to say with humor on the subject of food.
This is a quick, cozy read.
Cathy
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
good book. Savanna and Dirk have quite the time finding the murderer. ..kept me guessing all the way through the book!
Jody Hamilton
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do enjoy the Savannah Reid books in the series, but I wish there were less plots dealing with weight-loss doctors, clinics, etc.
Mary Lee Ashford
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love all the Savannah Reid books so it's difficult to pick a just one book but Wicked Craving is one of my favs.
Kris Hynes
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Somewhat predictable but fun summer book to read. I feel like this whole series is like a grown up Nancy Drew.
Michelle Rafalski
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good popcorn mystery. This was my first Savannah Reid mystery and I would definitely read more.
Annie
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
The slow burn aspect of this series is driving me crazy, but I love it nonetheless.
ChrisGA
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: w-read-2017
Good solid mystery, interesting characters, enjoyed the interactions within the created family
Katharine Coggeshall
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I read in her series and it totally hooked me! Excellent cover to draw in new readers, easy read that's engaging and fun. I read this series out of order and it didn't matter, you can read each book as an individual and still greatly enjoy it.
Sassee Bearden
love these books good story lines
Barbara
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-cozy
This is a fun cozy series that hasn't dissolved into ridiculousness. I guess it helps that the heroine, Savannah Reid, is an ex-cop and now a private investigator. Therefore, she is a professional and not some overconfident amateur. She has experience and a reason to be involved in the murder investigations.

She is supported and often pulled into investigations by her ex-partner, Sgt. Dirk Coulter, still on the San Carmelita, CA police force. She also has an extended family that are part of her
Denise McDonald
Jun 18, 2012 rated it liked it
This was my first book to read in the series--and I doubt I will read another. It was okay, and a quick read, but it felt like popping in in the middle of the series didn't give me enough background between the characters and there are a lot of characters who must repeat in these books. There was *some* sexual tension between Savannah and Dirk, but I wasn't even sure if it was from a past history of actual intimacy or a couple still sniffing around each other that can't quit or commit.

I did enjo

May 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
judy
Feb 24, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
You can't not love Savannah Reid. She's a curvy Size 14 and eats without guilt. As for her Moonlight Magnolia detective agency, this wasn't one of their better cases. I think we should be worried about the author--not because of the book--but because there were absolutely no recipes for wonderful high-calorie Southern dishes given. Should we take this as a sign of depression? I may have to make that incredible fudge recipe she has on her website to keep my spirits up. I hope she gets back in the ...more
Kori
Mar 22, 2010 rated it liked it
[Savannah Reid Mysteries #15:]
This was my first encounter with Savannah Reid and the Moonlight Magnolia Detective Agency. I found it to be folksy and charming, with just enough humor to keep me interested in the not-so-riveting mystery. I don’t like a lot of recipes breaking up the plot of a book, so I was happy to discover this mystery had none. I was left wondering two things: 1) Are Savannah and Dirk a couple or what? 2) How many mystery authors are going to feature wacky grandmothers? Why no
~jessie~
Mar 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Another fun read from Ms McKevett- If you love chicken n dumplins you will love the Savannah Reid series. Pick up anyone of them where you can find them (you won't need to go in order each book helps you get acquainted with the characters), but don't hold your breath that they will be on the shelves at any discount bookstore (no body wants to part with their beloved southern comfort mysteries!) A great read for a rose scented bubble bath or curled up in your favorite chair with some black forres ...more
Kk
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
Found book rather boring. It is about Samantha and Dirk who investigate a murder of the wife of a wealthy doctor who sells cd's with music to help people lose weight. The story and plot take some interesting turns. However, nothing in the story ever captures or holds the readers interest. Author tries to keep the reader guessing as to whether there is any romance or love interest between Samantha and Dirk. There is alot of discussions around eating food and with there interesting family and frie ...more
Melodie
Jan 30, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2010
I always love this series and this another good story, but there was just something wrong with it. It's almost like the book was written by someone else. It just didn't seem to have the same "voice" as other books in the series. Maybe it's just me, but it was just off. Also, I was extremely irritated with the word "yep" or "yup", depending on the part of the country you're from, being spelled "yeap". I have NEVER seen it spelled like that before and it was distracting!
Marcia
Mar 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love this series! Usually, the stories are light and generously sprinkled with long dinners and delicious desserts. I gain weight just reading them. This one, however, deals with more than just murders. Emotional and physical abuse occur with two victims. Dirk & Savannah make short work of both abusers. At then end, Dirk's clandestine actions are explained with hints of possible romance with Savannah in the future.
Kme_17
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
I forgot how much fun this series is to read. It is about a curvy ex cop turned P.I Savannah Reid. She has a rag tag group that help her solve crimes including Detective Dirk Coulter her flirting partner. In this one they look into a sham doctor that specialized in weight loss. Just a great read and so much fun!! I love Savannah kick butt personality. I also like all the supporting characters. Great series.
Philip
Jul 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Savannah reid is a wonderful character, one anyone would love to be friends with, and even more, to be invited to her house for Southern cuisine. All of the characters in the books are wonderfully written and people that you feel as if you've known for life. I look forward to the next book in the series.
Judy
Apr 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read by this author. It was a fun read and I didn't guess "whodunnit" until the very end of the book. The characters were likeable the story was well-developed. Some of the issues that the side characters had to deal with were troubling, but unfortunately all too real in today's society. But some good thoughts and alternatives were mentioned.
Dorothy Timm
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I like the series about Savannah Reid at al, and this was no exception. But this wasn't my favorite book of the series. It had a little less of her eccentric grandmother in it. Also, for the first time I actually guessed "who dun nit" so maybe that means the story was a little more predictable. Enjoyable, though.
Clare
Jul 10, 2010 rated it did not like it
Maybe it's because I didn't start at the beginning, but I just couldn't get into this series.

I found the Southern dialect and colloquialisms annoying and cliche and didn't really like the misanthropic cop and the bitchy private detective.

Maybe after my kids dump me in a nursing home and I hate everybody,maybe then I'll give this series another try.
  • Stay At Home Dead (Stay At Home Dad Mystery #1)
  • Twice As Dead (An Odelia Grey Mystery, #6)
  • Yankee Doodle Dead (Death on Demand, #10)
  • Bone Appetit (Sarah Booth Delaney, #10)
  • Dial Emmy for Murder (Soap Opera Mystery, #2)
  • Closet Confidential (A Charlotte Adams Mystery #4)
  • Basil Instinct (Italian Restaurant Mystery, #2)
  • Southern Ghost (Death on Demand, #8)
  • Eggsecutive Orders (A White House Chef Mystery, #3)
  • The Proof is in the Pudding (A Della Cooks Mystery #3)
  • Do or Diner (A Comfort Food Mystery, #1)
  • A Dangerous Affair (Liberty Lane, #2)
  • Mama Gets Hitched (A Mace Bauer Mystery, #3)
  • Murder of a Wedding Belle (A Scumble River Mystery, #12)
  • Devil's Garden
Since publication of her first novel in 1986, Sonja Massie has authored over fifty published works, including the highly popular and critically acclaimed SAVANNAH REID MYSTERIES under the pseudonym G. A. McKevett.

Sonja's novels range from Irish historicals to contemporary thrillers. Her earthy humor and fast-paced plots delight her fans, while critics applaud her offbeat characterizations and inci

A Savannah Reid Mystery (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Just Desserts (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #1)
  • Bitter Sweets (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #2)
  • Killer Calories (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #3)
  • Cooked Goose (Savannah Reid, #4)
  • Sugar and Spite (Savannah Reid, #5)
  • Sour Grapes (Savannah Reid, #6)
  • Peaches and Screams (Savannah Reid, #7)
  • Death by Chocolate (Savannah Reid, #8)
  • Cereal Killer (Savannah Reid, #9)
  • Murder à la Mode (Savannah Reid, #10)