Start by marking “As You Are (The Jonquil Brothers #3)” as Want to Read:
As You Are (The Jonquil Brothers #3)

As You Are (The Jonquil Brothers #3)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  4,702 Ratings  ·  600 Reviews
A horse breeder by trade, Corbin Jonquil is more at home in the stables than in the ballroom of his sprawling estate. Corbin is the quietest of the Jonquil brothers and has always faded into the background, contentedly unnoticed. When a mysterious young widow, Mrs. Clara Bentford, moves into the neighborhood, however, Corbin quickly comes to realize that being noticed has ...more
Published 2008 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about As You Are, please sign up.
Sukzar Because Edmund, when he started helping at Havenworth, mentioned Fanny to her... "Jim said Johnny was playing with Fanny’s heart". She didn't know of…moreBecause Edmund, when he started helping at Havenworth, mentioned Fanny to her... "Jim said Johnny was playing with Fanny’s heart". She didn't know of course who Fanny was back then.(less)

Kathy * Bookworm Nation
June 2015: I think this is only my second time reading this one. It's not my favorite of the series, but I still really enjoyed it. I think I loved just seeing the Jonquin family come together. I liked Corbin, he's not your typical hero. He's extremely shy and quiet. He has a good heart and is caring and kind. He's a good fit for Clara. I liked Clara. She has a really rough life. Which made the book a little more serious.

January 2014:
This is one of my favorite series. I love the Jonquin brother
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Corbin is my favorite of the Jonquil brothers and I just loved his story! His quiet confidence is so appealing, and his uncertainty around women and Clara in particular is endearing. I love how protective he is of her and the way he helps her son through his horses. Loved the tension between Corbin and Clara and the sweet romance.
Kathy Jo
The Jonquil brothers just keep getting better and better! I really liked As You Are. :)

Saying Corbin is extremely shy is kind of an understatement. He not only has a hard time talking and expressing himself with his peers but also his family... which, in my opinion, is really sad. Poor Clara has been put through the wringer WAY too many times throughout her life. She doesn't trust men at all... which is totally understandable considering her past. Corbin and Clara were perfect for each other. Th
Anne Osterlund
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Corbin is in love with his new neighbor. He fell in love with her at first sight and is willing to do almost anything to court the beautiful young widow. Problem is . . . he can’t talk to her. Has never really been good at talking to anyone; and with Clara, the process is utterly impossible.

Clara is afraid of men, with good reason. Every man she has ever known—her father, her husband, her husband’s brother—has treated her with disrespect. And violence. She has no interest in being courted, espec
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I can't help it. I love Sarah Eden's books. They just fill up that favorite historical clean romance place that I love. The male lead, Corbin, isn't your usual "type" of lead but he is a gentleman in every sense of the word and I loved that. Painfully shy, can't string together two sentences let alone one most of the time but gentle and full of love and loyalty. Love Corbin, love his family, love this series.
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Corbin Jonquil is a man who has a hard time expressing himself. He becomes awkward and speaks in broken sentences. His condition is amplifies when a lovely widow moves in to the residence closest to his home. She immediately catches his attention and his interest.

Mrs. Clara Bentford is fleeing her past. She wants to begin a new life away from the memories and the presence of a man who wants to hurt her, her daughter, and her nephew. She hopes that this town will provide the shelter and peace tha
1.5 stars.

I adore a good, clean read and actually prefer no smut, but that can't be all a book offers me. While I appreciate the author's attempt to offer a story that's very wholesome and sweet, the MCs were woefully underdeveloped. When I feel I can adequately describe either MC with one word, it's not a good thing. For most of the story, the H was awkward and the h was scared. He stuttered and stammered a lot; she had to constantly remind herself not to be scared. I had hopes that this would
Tori
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-and-re-read
April 2014: I love Sarah Eden. She hasn't disappointed with any of her books. I loved Corbin Jonquil and his poor shy, socially awkward self. He was just a sweetheart. I cheered for him the whole book. <3

Re-read Dec. 2014... 5 stars... Love it.

Re-read March 2017: 1 of my all time favorite books! Corbin, you are my favorite Jonquil brother. Absolutely perfect, just as you are! (See what I did there? ;)
herdys
All I can say is that I have fallen in love with this family and this author. I really need the rest of the brothers to have books NOW lol.

Sarah M. Eden continues to break my heart with little kids, perfect shy hero and though she still persists with the little missunderstandings, a heroine who went throug hellish times but doesn't let it define her. Plus we get horses! ;)
Tito
Once again Sarah Eden has written an amazing novel that's perfect for when you're looking for a cute fun and light read. The main characters were as lovable as always, and I'm enjoying this series very much. Plus, this books holds a special place in my heart because of a special guest appearance :)
Kelly
Corbin is just like me! I loved his journey! I loved how he found his happily ever after!

This book brought a few tears while reading it too!!
Heidi
Oh how I love Sarah Eden's books. In fact this very well could be my favorite. I don't know whether that's because it's the one I just recently read or because I just adored it. First of all...Corbin quickly became one of my favorite heroes ever. I loved everything about his character. He honestly reminded me soooo much of my own husband and hero(minus the blonde hair blue eyes of course....but I went ahead and changed that.lol :) maybe that's why he was so endearing. Then on to our heroine Clar ...more
Jane
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.75 stars - pg/mild pg13

I loved it! (Surprise! Surprise!) Sweet story, except.... I was holding my breath throughout, just waiting for the villain to finally show up around the next corner page. Love this author! Love this large fictional family of well-raised, true gentlemen who can always be counted on to support each other and to show respect to the women around them, starting with their mother! I rarely re-read books; Sarah Eden's books are one of the exceptions (along with Georgette Heyer)
Kristina Brownell
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Definitely my favorite sarah eden book. It had me hooked right from the dedication page. So sweet. I really loved that the guy is not at all a typical romantic hero. It was refreshing. Glad I bought it.
Linda Hart
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
just ok...lacks depth. found myself wanting to get to the end so I could move on to something else.
Lauren
Bless these freaking books I love them. This book introduced the love interest in the second sentence because it is not messing around and it knows what the people want.
Yeah. The man main character is shy, and stutters through basic sentences, but has no problems whipping out snazzy one-liners when there is a threat. Okay. Sure. That's how being anxious works, but you know what whatever, it was hot and it made her feel safe and protected. And they are both hopelessly in love and yet can't see t
Ranee Clark
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Audience: Adult (Clean)
Genre: Regency Romance
Length: 193 pgs

Rating: *****+ (Loved, Loved, LOVED this book)

Review: I never believed Phillip Jonquil would be usurped in his position as my favorite of Sarah's heroes. And...I don't know, maybe he hasn't been, but Corbin. Oh, Corbin. *swooning sigh* You know that strong, silent type that's oooh-la-la. That. So, what I'm saying is, excellent hero. I also love how real Corbin is, how much of his silence is a struggle. All the characters of this one are
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
OK. I think I am done reading Ms. Eden's books. These are just light, clean romances and sometimes that is exactly the kind of diversion one wants. However...At the risk of doing exactly what Ms. Eden does that makes me so infuriated, she just keeps repeating herself over and over again: this character is so afraid of men; she's terrified of men; she's so afraid that she can never trust a man - did I mention that men scare her? Aaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhh! I just can't take it anymore. I've never felt ...more
Miss Clark
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Megan
Although a different type of feel than the first book in the series I still loved it to pieces. It was sweet and endearing and even though the conversations weren’t vast between Corbin and Clara the feelings between the two that leaped from the page made me not stop reading until I had finished.

It was a bit quicker than book one and although I tried book 2(Friends and Foes) and didn’t care for the first 20%, I decided to skip book 3(Drops of Gold)completely. Tremendously happy I did.

There was
Julie Daines
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun and engaging retelling of Anne Brontë's novel "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall," which is one of my all-time favorite novels, so of course I enjoyed this one too.

Although, "As You Are" is set earlier than "Wildfell Hall," so does that still qualify as a retelling? . . . Pretelling?
Hannah
I love these stories about the Jonquil family! It's always pleasant to encounter examples of such coherent and happy family relationships as these young men and their mother have. And the lovely Clara in this book is a pleasant and spunky heroine.
Jen
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just realized this was the third in a series. I found it easily understood having not read the other two yet.

A sweet story of two people who felt perhaps love was not to be for them. Each with baggage and issues to work through. The author did a good job of portraying in writing the speech issues Corbin had, while not belaboring the issue. I enjoyed the banter and interaction between the brothers a nice additional layer to the story.

My only complaint might have been the perhaps just one too m
Melissa
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book and I think getting to know Corbin was the main reason. I totally understood how he felt when he had a hard time speaking. I'm the opposite, I talk too much when I'm nervous. Maybe I'll give his method a try. I liked how patient and sweet and kind he was. The author did a great job describing how a family is, both the Jonquil family and Clara's family. Both are totally different families but Eden seemed to understand.
Chrissy
Can I just say how awesome it is when the Jonquil Brothers kicked all those weasels tormenting Clara to the curb? Bonus points for an appearance by the Duke of Kielder. I adore him so much :)

Probably my favorite of this series thus far. The stakes were high, but that just made the resolution that much more satisfying.
To Catch A Falling Star
I'll say it again, Sarah Eden, your beautiful writing has won my heart forever.
Lauren Naylor
Once again, Sarah Eden produces another heart warming and tender regency romance. Another great read in this series!
Sarah Bowe
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book! I am loving this Jonquil family. Corbin is sweet and shy. I love how attached he became to Edmund and never acted awkward around him. Alice was a little cutie and quickly worked her way into Corbin's heart. Clara has a horrible past and Corbin became really protective of her after he found out. I think he's probably my second favorite Jonquil so far.
I was laughing out loud at the (brief) appearance of Adam, the Duke of Kielder. He is just the best!
Ali~may
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. 4 1/2 Stars! Corbin is not your typical romantic hero. He is shy and gets really nervous around others, especially Clara, his new neighbor. I loved the interaction with Corbin and the children. And I love how the Jonquil brothers come together to take care of Clara.
Julie
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is another installment of the Jonquil brothers and even gives me an update on my favorite couple, Lord and Lady Cavratt. Sigh. Still love them.

Anyway, this book is about Corbin Jonquil who has been admiring the new widow in the neighborhood from afar. Well, the closest he's gotten is sitting behind her in church. He thinks of all the things that he might say to her, but when it comes right down to it, he's so incredibly shy he can't speak to her beyond a sentence or two. This character trai
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 27, 2014 02:12PM
  • Lady Emma's Campaign
  • Summer Campaign
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: European Collection
  • Lord Fenton's Folly
  • Saving Grace (Hearthfire Romance, #1)
  • Whisper Hollow
  • My Fair Gentleman
  • Eleanor and the Iron King
  • Twitterpated
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Love Letter Collection
  • The Knight of Redmond

The Jonquil Brothers (6 books)
  • The Kiss of a Stranger (The Jonquil Brothers #0)
  • Friends and Foes (The Jonquil Brothers, #1)
  • Drops of Gold (The Jonquil Brothers #2)
  • A Fine Gentleman (The Jonquil Brothers #4)
  • For Love or Honor (The Jonquil Brothers #5)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“What if she thinks I’m an idiot? Corbin had asked one of his brothers that question not a month earlier. You’re a Jonquil, Layton had answered. Of course she’ll think you’re an idiot.” 10 likes
“I used to think good men did not exist. But then I met you, Corbin Jonquil, and discovered I was wrong. All my life I kept hoping you were out there somewhere and that when I found you, you would love me.” 5 likes