Start by marking “Just for Today” as Want to Read:
Just for Today

Just for Today

4.66  ·  Rating details ·  283 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
First published in August 1992, this book helps NA members focus on a new recovery principle every day. Each of the 366 daily entries opens with an NA quote, examines the day's topic, and closes with a focusing thought or affirmation. Includes subject index.

The boxed gift edition has a red leatherette cover, sewn-in satin bookmark, and quality paper.

Hardcover, Revised, Gift Edition
Published 2008 by Narcotics Anonymous World Services (first published January 1st 1991)

carey lina
Mar 26, 2011 is currently reading it
a failed addict since age 14, I can still get down with a daily reader for ritual value and for its helpful advice. also a good learning tool.
Alissa Cook
Aug 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love my devotions every morning, and it's nice to know I have one that's aimed specifically toward recovery. I wish I could find others just like it, I could definitely go for another one as well! ...more
Laurie
Jul 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fabulous book to keep you on track and thoughtful of your Recovery. Have read it several times over many years in Recovery.
David Klompas
Sep 10, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Recovering addicts
Recommended to David by: Narcotics Anonymous
Shelves: reference
Wisdom is a valuable asset, especially the kind that comes before life might demand its use. Just For Today presents a year's supply of such pieces of wisdom into one volume with a message for each day of the year.

While many may be familiar with devotional volumes including a religious slant, not as many might be aware that secular versions of such devotionals exist. And in this volume, Narcotic's Anonymous have presented their answer to the daily devotional. The difference here is that the wis
Felicia ⚡️Night Witch⚡️ Oliveira
A necessary addition to any addicts library!
Many N.A. Meetings are based around reading this book, and the content is perfect for a sharing/speaking topic meeting.
In my case it was kept in my purse or on my person for the first two years of my recovery from chemical dependence.
If it seems too much to take in at first, my advise is to start small. Read the passage for your birthday, anniversary, or special day like your clean date.
For me it was a great way to get out of bed and wake up in the m
Cris B
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Diário
Marilyn Diamond
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This devotional is something you keep in your own personal library to read daily. You do your research on specific topics while working on the 12 steps and you wish for new editions for a devotional that saves your life.
Nirab Karky
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book for everyone.
Monica
I love this little book. It helps me to put the proper perspective on my addiction and on life. The words , as I read them, seem to come straight from God and/or my "Higher Power!" It's amazing the impact this little book has had on my life and I'm returning to it again because I need to revisit and start journaling about my thoughts on each day, as if to take a daily assessment you may say. It does a brain good! Not to mention the body and soul too!
Ashley
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book will probably never reach the completely read shelf- I read each day's meditation and try to apply it to my life that day. Ever since I've started this, I feel I get more out of recovery, and start each day full of hope. I recommend this to all addicts, its amazing how your first thought of the day can determine what kind of day you have. By far reading this daily makes many more good days.
  • Came to Believe
  • Living Sober
  • Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women
  • The Pill Book
  • The Mindfulness Solution for Intense Emotions: Take Control of Borderline Personality Disorder with DBT
  • Na: It Works: How and Why
  • A Gentle Path Through the Twelve Steps: The Classic Guide for All People in the Process of Recovery
  • Darkness Is My Only Companion: A Christian Response to Mental Illness
  • جرائم العاطفة في مصر النازفة
  • توفيق الحكيم الساخر
  • Adult Children of Alcoholics/Dysfunctional Familes
  • Believing In Myself: Daily Meditations for Healing and Building Self-Esteem
Narcotics Anonymous is a non-profit fellowship or society of men and women for whom drugs had become a major problem.
More about Narcotics Anonymous...